24 million 0 0%

25 million 1 9.09%

26 million 1 9.09%

27 million 0 0%

28 million 1 9.09%

29 million 0 0%

30+ million 8 72.73%

Total:11

Well least bunny day is over. That was kind of egg overload. I love eating eggs but heck that was too much. Now the game finally feels normal again.

Around the Network

So I finally managed to do the tarantula secret Island spawn trick yesterday. Went to 3 islands and filled up my pocket space with scorpions (I get scorpions in my region and not tarantula). In all previous attempts I have only been able to get like three scorpions total despite tons of trips to secret islands and I had actually given up on this trick existing in my region.

Well yesterday there were scorpions everywhere. In fact they were spawning everywhere before I had even finished clearing up the islands. However, what I noticed was that it was raining on all three islands. In fact after I had filled the first 3 rows of my pocket on the third island it stopped raining and from getting three rows filled in a few minutes, once it stopped raining not one single scorpion showed up again.

So it seems the trick only works for me (Southern Hemisphere, scorpions only and no tarantula) when it is raining. So if I visit a secret island and it is not raining I am not even going to waste my time clearing the island cos it is likely to be a wasted effort.

Ok, the worst ever possible thing in Animal Crossing happened to me and I have to share as a warning to everyone else. So I spent 1.6m bells on Turnips hoping to cash in a big way.

I share my Island with my 4 year old daughter (thanks Nintendo for not allowing different users to have different islands on the same Switch). She keeps envying my stuff. Complained for weeks that she had a tent while I was living in a house. So I helped her upgrade to a house. I had set her up on the beach away from my island space. When I helped her upgrade to a house she then started complaining that she does not like living on the beach. So on Sunday I decided to help her relocate. Cost 40,000 bells but luckily I had scorpions stored outside waiting for the guy that buys insects and such at a premium. Took a few using her character, sold them and paid Tom Nook for the relocation. Takes a day. So she would get off my case immediately I timed traveled to the next day, got her the house and restored time settings back to normal.

Changed back to my profile, went back into my house and I was faced with a horror. My 1.6m bells of turnips had gotten rotten as a result of my time travelling activities. By moving block forward to Monday and then restoring back to Sunday Nintendo treated it as though I had gone through the whole week without selling the turnips.

Well I was totally distraught. But that was not the end of the disaster. Having lost N1.6m of turnips due to time travelling I decided time travelling would have to restore my money and then I would never do it again. So decided I would immediately sell all my scorpions. Sold for 800k bells and used them all to buy turnips. Plan was to quickly time travel through the week checking prices for each day, sell the turnips, make money and then repeat the process until I made back all the money I had lost. Well the whole time travelling week the prices were way down. Got to Saturday and it was half the price I bought the turnips. Had to sell at that price meaning I lost 400k. Add to the 1.6m I lost on rotten turnips and I have lost 2m bells.

So if you plan to do time travelling make sure you never travel back to a Sunday with turnips in your possession. Actually I presume you can't travel back at all with turnips in your possession.

etuoyo said:
Ok, the worst ever possible thing in Animal Crossing happened to me and I have to share as a warning to everyone else. So I spent 1.6m bells on Turnips hoping to cash in a big way.

I share my Island with my 4 year old daughter (thanks Nintendo for not allowing different users to have different islands on the same Switch). She keeps envying my stuff. Complained for weeks that she had a tent while I was living in a house. So I helped her upgrade to a house. I had set her up on the beach away from my island space. When I helped her upgrade to a house she then started complaining that she does not like living on the beach. So on Sunday I decided to help her relocate. Cost 40,000 bells but luckily I had scorpions stored outside waiting for the guy that buys insects and such at a premium. Took a few using her character, sold them and paid Tom Nook for the relocation. Takes a day. So she would get off my case immediately I timed traveled to the next day, got her the house and restored time settings back to normal.

Changed back to my profile, went back into my house and I was faced with a horror. My 1.6m bells of turnips had gotten rotten as a result of my time travelling activities. By moving block forward to Monday and then restoring back to Sunday Nintendo treated it as though I had gone through the whole week without selling the turnips.

Well I was totally distraught. But that was not the end of the disaster. Having lost N1.6m of turnips due to time travelling I decided time travelling would have to restore my money and then I would never do it again. So decided I would immediately sell all my scorpions. Sold for 800k bells and used them all to buy turnips. Plan was to quickly time travel through the week checking prices for each day, sell the turnips, make money and then repeat the process until I made back all the money I had lost. Well the whole time travelling week the prices were way down. Got to Saturday and it was half the price I bought the turnips. Had to sell at that price meaning I lost 400k. Add to the 1.6m I lost on rotten turnips and I have lost 2m bells.

So if you plan to do time travelling make sure you never travel back to a Sunday with turnips in your possession. Actually I presume you can't travel back at all with turnips in your possession.

I believe you are safe to travel forward but travel back any time day (not sure if hour but I assume any time back) will spoil the turnips.  Sorry to hear about your loss but I'm sure you'll get the money back eventually.  You just wasted a few hours of gameplay.  I heard some stories or rumors that people with digital copy that sometimes there is a save date error or something that ruins the file and people had to start over.  I'm not sure if that is due to them turning off game when it is trying to auto save or what.  I always make sure I save and exit then I wait for title screen to minimize and close the game.

I can maybe help a little and donate 200k to you or least your kid so she can upgrade her house more.  My entire town is filled with mainly almost all exotic fruit trees (hardly any regular or native trees left) and I've been letting them sit on tree because trying to figure out where the last remaining regular trees (had half town trees on different shake schedule so now trying to get all on same growth cycle).  So basically I can probably get 200-300k within hour of selling my fruit which I will pass on to you.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 22 April 2020

Well big update comes out tomorrow! I'm pumped and can't wait for Redd (although I do hate that he sells reproduction paintings). Looking forward to seeing if he has any rare items for sell and buying that forged painting... They say there is a way to notice if painting is real or fake but I could never tell the difference.

Around the Network

I believe you are safe to travel forward but travel back any time day (not sure if hour but I assume any time back) will spoil the turnips.  Sorry to hear about your loss but I'm sure you'll get the money back eventually.  You just wasted a few hours of gameplay.  I heard some stories or rumors that people with digital copy that sometimes there is a save date error or something that ruins the file and people had to start over.  I'm not sure if that is due to them turning off game when it is trying to auto save or what.  I always make sure I save and exit then I wait for title screen to minimize and close the game.

I can maybe help a little and donate 200k to you or least your kid so she can upgrade her house more.  My entire town is filled with mainly almost all exotic fruit trees (hardly any regular or native trees left) and I've been letting them sit on tree because trying to figure out where the last remaining regular trees (had half town trees on different shake schedule so now trying to get all on same growth cycle).  So basically I can probably get 200-300k within hour of selling my fruit which I will pass on to you.

Oh wow thanks. That's very kind of you.  Received the bells and was wondering which of my villagers was Seth and why on earth they had so much money to dish out.  I am now up to 1m bells.  Was hoping to get to 1.5m by Sunday when it is turning buying day but not going to happen.  The problem I have is that scorpion farming only works if it is raining when I get to a secret island but in the three weeks or so I have been playing the game I have only had 1 day when it was raining on the secret islands.  That day I did three trips with my pockets filled with scorpions.  Keep hoping I will be that lucky again.

Marth said:
Still no update download for me. Strange

That is weird.  I got my update today when I logged on about 7 hours ago.  Have you gotten yet or still no update?

I don't understand the update at all. If they want to stop people becoming billionaires just slow down the turnip system (restrict the number of turnips you can buy/sell for instance)

IcaroRibeiro said:

I don't understand the update at all. If they want to stop people becoming billionaires just slow down the turnip system (restrict the number of turnips you can buy/sell for instance)

Assuming you're referring to the interest rate nerf, I found that odd as well. I guess it's because putting a bunch of bells in the bank and time traveling to get interest takes less effort than turnips. I don't time travel so that has zero effect on me and many others. Meanwhile, crafting more than 1 bait at a time still isn't a thing, so it's good to know they got their priorities straight... lul.

I will tell you why the nerfed the bank interest. Have real life friend that took advantage of that. He made bunch of alt characters deposited money in their accounts and went time traveling. I believe he could make few million bells in matter of mins. It took him longer collecting it than making it. I of course will not accept any money from his ass. Told him not rush to make money or pay off house cause summmer beetle hunting. He of course is all about making money quick so I'm glad Nintendo nerfed it cause he was abusing it.