By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

mZuzek said:
IamAwsome said:

This. VGC ebbs and flows with console generations. People were saying the same things back in 2012-13. With the next generation of consoles coming, I would wait until those get here to be worried. 

Well, I wasn't around back then to know, but I sure hope that's the case, then. It just feels strange to me that it would work this way, given how active the place was with NX discussion between 2015-2016, shouldn't there be more speculation about the next generation now, too?

The NX was prime material for rumours and speculations. The other times I've seen a single topic so much discussion was with The Order 1886 (for some reason it had an insane amount of hype behind it) and the WiiU with the will it recover/will it not.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
CGI-Quality said:

In fairness, we've had quite a few speculatory threads of late. But really, this reminds me of the quieter points during 2012/13 and then we had a sudden uptick of new members around the Fall of 2013. I expect something similar for late next year.

That's good to know, but I'm still not convinced. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention, but I can barely recall any 'relevant' new users here from 2017 and newer, whereas from 2012-13 there are plenty of people I can remember, some of which had a considerable impact on the community.

I'm offended.

Darwinianevolution said:
To be fair, activity here is very dependant on the amount of news the gaming industry offers, and right now, everything is very still waiting for the next generation of consoles.

This. Things will start picking up when next gen info begins to take over the industry.  The site was pretty active when the Switch about to launch and afee it's launch.

bananaking21 said:
This site literally throws spam at you and shitty ads. Heck my notifications keep lighting up for stupid reasons which the mods themselfs keep putting up, then defend it. Heck a mod called me a cunt, and another mod saw the post and did nothing in the thread I complained about the prediction league spam. Now it's badges spam. User experience means nothing on this site, the site was notoriously slow and lagy for years, it also kept crashing and basically nothing was done about it.

And the sites main attraction, the numbers, were worthless all gen long. So people left more than they came.

Click on settings in the menu of your avatar, then you see the section 'Receive Notifications for the following events:' and finetune what you get notifications for. And stop trashing others for your own inability to configure your user experience.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm always here :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Yerm said:
I enjoyed VGC for the public forums, but in the last few months there has been a steep decline in the number of interesting posts. It's really just another news outlet with a comment section at this point, of which I have several outlets for.

The real nail in the coffin for we was when VGC stopped showing weekly game sales, now just showing generic shipment updates, which I am not a fan of.

The problem is that if they persist with software, the sales data from sources will be more and more incomplete leading to worse and worse predictions. That could cripple the sites reputation for good in the long term.

They made the right call. We're just feeling the short term effects of that decision. Hopefully e3 will provide the site with a small boost that will snowball into next generation.

We need more nudity!
*unzips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
mZuzek said:

That's good to know, but I'm still not convinced. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention, but I can barely recall any 'relevant' new users here from 2017 and newer, whereas from 2012-13 there are plenty of people I can remember, some of which had a considerable impact on the community.

I'm offended.

Don't be.

Your account was made the last week of December 2016, so you're not counted.

But I'm offended, as I came one month after you.

Signalstar said:
We need more nudity!
*unzips

Gah! Where's the brain bleach when you need some!

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 04 May 2019

I'm mostly on my tablet these days and VGchartz is one of the worst sites I've come across when it comes to browsing on a tablet. The site takes ages to load and the very last thing that loads is some random video advertisement in the bottom right. This loading last causes the whole page to move and whatever I thought I clicked on becomes something else due to the page movement. At least half of the time I click something on the front page what ends up loading is something completely different.

As is, I only browse here on my PC but that's very seldom these days.

We’ll, the team can start by fixing the experience for iPhone users...
This whole place looks like a coding catastrophy most of the time.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.