By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft currently recruiting staff for an entry in The Legend of Zelda series

Monolith Soft is hiring development staff to work on The Legend of Zelda series, the company announced.

The developer posted a recruitment page today seeking technical artists, programmers, planners, designers, and a project manager.

Monolith Soft assisted with the topographical level design of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which launched for Switch and Wii U on March 3, 2017.

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Dudes. BUT I WANT XENOBLADE X-2

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Good. Gotta get a move on if they wanna hit that 2023 release window. :P

Breath of the Wild sequel for NS and NS2.

Next 3D Zelda confirmed!

Around the Network

Hot take: They're making an action hunting spin-off game set in the Zelda universe.
Safe take: They're building up their new dev team as a support team for future 3D Zelda games.

Metallox said:
Dudes. BUT I WANT XENOBLADE X-2

Monolith grew A LOT in the past few years, they opened a new studio and their workforce currently counts 193 employees (likely to become 200+ with these new recruitments). We know they're working on 2 games courrently in a new Action game with online components that will likely release in 2020 and the next entry in the Xenoblade series (likely not Xenoblade 3) lead by Takahashi which begun development in the second half of 2018 due to the Torna DLC. On top of that it was fairly realistic to expect them to still be involved with the upcoming 3D Zelda given the workforce they put at Nintendo's disposal for BotW, the Zelda team likely grew a lot too but they still don't have the expertese to make the OpenWorld on their own yet

I really hope this new Zelda releases before 2022. I can't stand waiting so long again only to be disappointed.

I've been expecting a Majora's Mask style BOTW sequel for a while now, wouldn't be surprised if it launched next year.

Don't they also help with Mario Kart, as well?

Also, if they are helping maker a MM like sequel that can be out sooner, I hope that they at least slightly tweak the art style. MM was definitely darker looking than OoT, and I appreciate every 3d Zelda looking a little different from any other.