By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft currently recruiting staff for an entry in The Legend of Zelda series

Dulfite said:
Don't they also help with Mario Kart, as well?

Also, if they are helping maker a MM like sequel that can be out sooner, I hope that they at least slightly tweak the art style. MM was definitely darker looking than OoT, and I appreciate every 3d Zelda looking a little different from any other.

That was Retro Studios, I think.

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Dudes. BUT I WANT XENOBLADE X-2

Well they were working on BotW with Nintendo EDP alongside Xenoblade 2, so I do not think this will really interfere with other projects.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

If they're just staffing up those positions right now, I'd say 2022 is the earliest possible launch for this Zelda game. Probably later than that.

I just want a sequel to Disaster: Day of Crisis! Oh, and release it in the states! Will it ever happen? Not a chance!

Metallox said:
Dudes. BUT I WANT XENOBLADE X-2

Worry not, they have 4 studios as of now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_Soft

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
BasilZero said:
Nice

Another BotW like Zelda would be amazing.

I hope they bring back more classic Zelda monsters and bosses though. Imagine fighting Ghoma or Volvagia in the BOTW engine! ^^

And Darknuts.. I so wanted Darknuts, Stalfos (the OoT kind) and Iron Knuckles in BotW.

Monolith often work on other first party projects alongside the main team especially in Zelda games, the more interesting thing here is how the technical side have been positioned as the internal team that frequently handles or helps with world building concept and designs which is why we've seen mainly open world games from them. Their current project is said to be more a more western style game.

Hm, i don't know if this is just to support the main Zelda team or not, but a fully Monolith-developed Zelda-game is intriguing

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Makora's Mask.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:
Monolith often work on other first party projects alongside the main team especially in Zelda games, the more interesting thing here is how the technical side have been positioned as the internal team that frequently handles or helps with world building concept and designs which is why we've seen mainly open world games from them. Their current project is said to be more a more western style game.

Western as in genre or western as in appeal?

All that is known is that it's a western style approach going by the listing they had when recruiting for the project.