By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: Borderlands 3 announced | (spoilers) Everything we know about Borderlands 3 ahead of the reveal today

Tagged games:

Gearbox has got to be one of the most incompetent developers and announcers of projects in recent memory

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Gearbox has got to be one of the most incompetent developers and announcers of projects in recent memory

Yeah i watched it and felt really sorry for them,the rest of it was so wholesome and those devs were so excited to announce the game.

I got hyped from the devs being hyped about their work. :p

shikamaru317 said:

I don't really blame the devs. They said they were having problems with the equipment that the PAX organizers provided and wished that they had brought their own equipment instead. 

Ya, Pax isn't really that well organized in terms of presentation I felt. I been to a couple of these now.

I really don't give a rat's ass about the presentation one way or another. Borderlands 3 was announced with a really nifty trailer. That's what I care about.

shikamaru317 said:

I don't really blame the devs. They said they were having problems with the equipment that the PAX organizers provided and wished that they had brought their own equipment instead. 

I dont really see how that excuses the elements like the stupid card part tbh. I also was commenting on how they kept teasing the game for years, it was like they were intentionally messing with people. Now that its announced, it looked pretty boring tbh and the trailer wasn't that exciting. 

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Well I'm not that amazed by the announcement.
Game looks more like Borderlands 2.5 to me. Graphical improvement is minor despite a new engine. Gameplay looks identical.
Nice touch is the inclusion of the characters from Tales from the Borderlands.

I'm sure it's going to be good, but this definitely doesn't look like a revolution despite being worked on for 5 years.

My thoughts are similar. Nothing surprised me or stood out really. Doesn't look like a game that had 5 years put into it, but we just saw a short trailer, we might think differently once we get a steady stream of game play start piling out. It will most likely be good as Borderlands has always been Gearbox's bread and butter compared to any other titles they put out, so people more than likely wont have to worry about enjoying it. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Yeah, that trailer did enough for me to get me on board. Gonna be nice to visit so many different locations, and if the leaks are true, there's gonna be a lot more variety in terms of gameplay. Nice to see Tales from the Borderlands getting some good recognition too. Can't wait to see what happened with Rhys and Fiona and Loader Bot.

Hype!

The trailer looked exactly like Borderlands aka the thing any Borderlands fan wanted. It's not about reinventing the formular, it's about perfectly executing the same thing they did since the first Borderlands. The excitement comes from the fact that what was shown is exactly Borderlands and nothing else. The long time they worked on it wasn't to revolutionize the series, but to fill the game with content and I assume they did considering the many many characters and callbacks. If someone isn't excited by that trailer that person probably never liked what made Borderlands great in the first place.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

shikamaru317 said:

I dont really see how that excuses the elements like the stupid card part tbh. I also was commenting on how they kept teasing the game for years, it was like they were intentionally messing with people. Now that its announced, it looked pretty boring tbh and the trailer wasn't that exciting. 

The magic trick was cringe, was pretty obvious that they only did it to fill time because the panel was an hour long. 

However, I vehemently disagree that the game looked boring and that the trailer wasn't exciting. It was exactly what most Borderlands fans were looking for, the 120/1 like/dislike ratio for the trailer is clearly indicative of that. If there is one thing that Gearbox is good at, it is making trailers that hype people up, their Borderlands 2 release date trailer is one of my personal top 5 trailers of all time, and this Borderlands 3 announce trailer was nearly as good imo. 

I don't think it's fair that no one said anything about it being too much like Borderlands or it not being innovative enough and yet that's what you extrapolated and argued against.  Seems like arguing with a point no one said or even implied tbh. It just wasn't a trailer that impressed me and if other people don't feel like the trailer justifies the development time it may not necessarily be about how innovative it did or did not look - there's a ton of reasons to view something as meh.

Regardless I'm glad you liked the trailer. I'm not particularly worried - we're getting more information April 3rd I believe? In that case I'm more than fine with waiting for more info. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 28 March 2019

The trailer was really cringe but im still hyped.