By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Runa216 said:
the-pi-guy said:

Apparently Alex Jones has a variety of shell companies, and they're likely to get affected.

Fuck that man so hard and so deep and so thoroughly that he literally tastes shit in the back of his throat. 

Poor shit, having to go anywhere near Alex Jones' vocal cords...

Around the Network

The biggest sort of argument against the effectiveness of “cancel culture” is when a disgrace of epic proportions, like Candace Owens, can keep making comebacks.

And I guess “Ye” is some kind of “rebranding” of Kanye… why?
I mean, at least Prince and Snoop Dogg had reasons for (licensing for Prince and gimmick change for Snoop). But the whole “Ye” thing is as dumb as Jennifer to Tynnyfer (a little Easter egg for Parks and Rec fans… I guess it’s not really an Easter Egg if it’s not hidden… so… I’ll just stop). 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don't get it. How do we have such a racism problem by such a large segment of the population that either doesn't think racism is a problem or that it's good, actually? Like, collectively we all seem to agree that bigotry is bad, yet there are so many bigots out there.

I just came across someone posting a 'meme' about how 'if 10,000 troops crossing the border to ukraine is an invasion, how is 2,000,000 mexicans crossing the US border not an invasion?' without any understanding of how fucking gross that is. Like, those two things are so removed from one another I hardly even know where to start. And this was supposed to be funny? ignorance and bigotry and selfishness is funny?

And these are the kind of people I see every day now. Just ignorant assholes who hate 'others' and will do mental gymnastics and bend over backwards to justify their shitty takes devoid of logic or context. The worst part is that they think they're the enlightened ones, and that 'libtards' just don't see the world for what it is.

How is such a large section of the population so far removed from reality and not deemed a threat to democracy and the future of our people? we have literal villains in our parliament and way too many people think they're heroes. I just...I don't even know what to say anymore.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I don't get it. How do we have such a racism problem by such a large segment of the population that either doesn't think racism is a problem or that it's good, actually? Like, collectively we all seem to agree that bigotry is bad, yet there are so many bigots out there.

I just came across someone posting a 'meme' about how 'if 10,000 troops crossing the border to ukraine is an invasion, how is 2,000,000 mexicans crossing the US border not an invasion?' without any understanding of how fucking gross that is. Like, those two things are so removed from one another I hardly even know where to start. And this was supposed to be funny? ignorance and bigotry and selfishness is funny?

And these are the kind of people I see every day now. Just ignorant assholes who hate 'others' and will do mental gymnastics and bend over backwards to justify their shitty takes devoid of logic or context. The worst part is that they think they're the enlightened ones, and that 'libtards' just don't see the world for what it is.

How is such a large section of the population so far removed from reality and not deemed a threat to democracy and the future of our people? we have literal villains in our parliament and way too many people think they're heroes. I just...I don't even know what to say anymore.

It helps that we have so much news media that effectively pushes these views, largely by stoking fear.

Fox News, InfoWars, Breitbart, New York Post, Washington Times. Most local channels also either intentionally or unintentionally will push conservative views, or at the very least stuff that is helpful for conservative propaganda to work. Like they tend to talk excessively about crime rates, so people think crime rates are rising, so we need to do more about crime rates, which is something that Republicans run on. Despite the fact that crime rates are actually dropping.

And a lot of supposedly "left wing", and liberal news sites, also push a lot of the same kinds of misinformation. Like publishing pictures of random black people at a disproportionate rate when you're talking about crime rates. 

I’m not entirely familiar with the Alex Jones situation, but I gather he’s a guy who whined about being “silenced” by social media. But the interesting part is why he got kicked off in the first place: leading campaigns to silence the families of murder victims.

But his hypocrisy didn’t stop at the Internet, as he encouraged his followers to seek out work and home addresses to not only harass and threaten the families of murdered children into silence, but to try and force them into saying the whole thing was a hoax and that they were paid actors. All because the victims had the misfortune of being massacred by guns.

This guy used wealth and social media connections to use similar intimidation tactics to the recent attempts by the theocratical police of Iran.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 27 October 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Someone broke into Nancy Pelosi's house and attacked her husband.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:

Someone broke into Nancy Pelosi's house and attacked her husband.

Apparently, he was looking for Nancy Pelosi herself. Luckily she wasn't present, who knows what he would have done to her.

The suspect's allegedly a Qanon and Maga conspiracy theorist, so not exactly the sanest person.

I saw someone ask the question and I'm curious - how does the house of the third most powerful person in the free world not have more security?
Or is the security attached to the speaker of the house (who wasn't there) and not the house? So when she is gone it is gone?

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Bandorr said:

I saw someone ask the question and I'm curious - how does the house of the third most powerful person in the free world not have more security?
Or is the security attached to the speaker of the house (who wasn't there) and not the house? So when she is gone it is gone?

From what I understand the second half of your post is correct.

You know what I think is a major crux of what I find annoying about the entire Republican/Conservative parties? This idea that they want all the rights and freedoms but none of the responsibilities or expectations that come with them. They want guns but don't want gun control because their sense of utter and unfettered freedom means more to them than the benefits that could come from being stricter with the laws. they want freedom of religion but ONLY their religion. they want freedom of speech but don't care how much that speech can actively harm people. they want to be free from taxes and having to pitch in to the greater good but tend to be super bitchy when the gubmint doesn't keep their roads clean or their schools funded.

They want all the freedom from the government, but don't want to do any of the things that make society work as well as it does. they want the world but are not willing to help others. Their freedoms matter to them more than public health and safety or the unified benefit of everyone. and yeah, insert mask allegory here.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android