By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
SanAndreasX said:

These awards almost always get reduced by the judge. Liebeck v. McDonald's, the infamous "hot coffee" case, got reduced from $2.7 million to $640,000 by the judge, and was settled for even less (the actual amount was undisclosed) to forestall an appeal by McDonald's. And despite that case being used as a rallying cry by the right for tort reform, those damages were completely justified. The woman almost died from her injuries.  Unfortunately, the right successfully used the case to limit both access to the courts and damages in places like Texas. 

Its the reason you start with a huge amount as it will get reduced.  Even still Alex probably just declare bankruptcy and it get kicked down the road but we will see what comes of that.  Maybe they take all his personal possessions.

Thankfully, the suit was decided in Connecticut rather than Texas. Thanks to "tort reform," Texas has a ridiculously low damage cap. 

Around the Network

"it's not because you're horrified by the Excesses of The Left, it's because you want to be"...

NBC News: How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point

But the claim has taken on a life of its own among a growing number of Republicans, conservative influencers and political commentators. In an episode of Spotify’s “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast this week, host Joe Rogan told former U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard that a litter box was installed in a school that his friend’s wife worked at for a girl who “identifies as an animal.” A clip of the discussion quickly began to circulate on social media. Rogan did not name the school, and his publicist did not respond to a request for comment.

“What’s most provocative about this hoax is how it turns on two key wedge issues for conservatives: educational accommodations and gender nonconformity,” said Joan Donovan, research director of the Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University and co-author of “Meme Wars: The Untold Story of the Online Battles Upending Democracy in America.”

Ooof: 

Joe Rogan will spread any crack-brained conspiracy theory for money, it seems. Tulsi, of course, just made a dramatic exit from the Democratic Party. Meanwhile, Democrats are like, "What took you so long?"

Apparently Alex Jones has a variety of shell companies, and they're likely to get affected.

the-pi-guy said:

Apparently Alex Jones has a variety of shell companies, and they're likely to get affected.

Fuck that man so hard and so deep and so thoroughly that he literally tastes shit in the back of his throat. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Did anybody have "Ye buys Parler" on their 2022 bingo card?

SanAndreasX said:

Candace worked her game.

Puts on a "whites live matters" shirt and befriend kanye.  Next thing you know Kanye is saying anti-semantic shit.  Gets banned on twitter.

Then Candace is like "how about Parler then? You can't get banned there, My husband owns it, let me sell it to you" and BOOM grift done.

That grift went from 0 to 100 faster than any car ever could.

Odds that she got him saying shit just to get him banned from twitter to then by like "how about this company". That is cold, that is calculated, and it is absolutely hilarious.

Not to mention the lawsuits coming from Floyd family.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

The lawsuit isn't going anywhere as I believe its still in the free speech zone. Ye purchasing parlor on the other hand is very interesting. I wonder what its worth.

Bandorr said:
SanAndreasX said:

Candace worked her game.

Puts on a "whites live matters" shirt and befriend kanye.  Next thing you know Kanye is saying anti-semantic shit.  Gets banned on twitter.

Then Candace is like "how about Parler then? You can't get banned there, My husband owns it, let me sell it to you" and BOOM grift done.

That grift went from 0 to 100 faster than any car ever could.

Odds that she got him saying shit just to get him banned from twitter to then by like "how about this company". That is cold, that is calculated, and it is absolutely hilarious.

Not to mention the lawsuits coming from Floyd family.

Machiavellian said:

The lawsuit isn't going anywhere as I believe its still in the free speech zone. Ye purchasing parlor on the other hand is very interesting. I wonder what its worth.

Yeah, I wonder how such a lawsuit would be put together. I don't know of any jurisdiction in the country where the dead can legally be defamed, so I wonder what angle their lawyer is going for. 

The timing of Candace appearing onstage with him with "White Lives Matter" shirts is a little sus. 

It will be interesting to see how that relationship goes with Candace. Ye, is one of those people that can nuke whatever you are trying to do from orbit before you even know what happens. One day he is saying things you agree with the next he is setting fire to everything and everyone around him.