By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Man, fuck the Supreme Court.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

Lol, I am guessing this is in ref to the decision on the NYC Gun law issue or is it something else.

Machiavellian said:
sundin13 said:

Lol, I am guessing this is in ref to the decision on the NYC Gun law issue or is it something else.

There have been dozens of absolutely absurd Supreme Court rulings that are legally nutty over the past few months, but this mood right now is in regards to the Supreme Court overturning Roe v Wade and outright saying that they are coming for contraception and gay rights next.

sundin13 said:
Machiavellian said:

There have been dozens of absolutely absurd Supreme Court rulings that are legally nutty over the past few months, but this mood right now is in regards to the Supreme Court overturning Roe v Wade and outright saying that they are coming for contraception and gay rights next.

Did not get a chance to read my morning news.  Hmm the part where they are looking at gay marriages, contraceptives and other conservative issues including guns is mission accomplished for conservatives.  I wonder how this is going to play out at the polls come mid term.  I guess we will see how the nation respond.

Machiavellian said:
sundin13 said:

Did not get a chance to read my morning news.  Hmm the part where they are looking at gay marriages, contraceptives and other conservative issues including guns is mission accomplished for conservatives.  I wonder how this is going to play out at the polls come mid term.  I guess we will see how the nation respond.

Democrats are in the White House.  Inflation is out of control, housing costs are out of control, gas is expensive and the stock market is stagnant.  Conservatives will do well in the mid terms, IMHO.  

*I don't think the White House controls those economic aspects, but I just know how most will vote.  Being in power in a poor economy does not bode well.  

As for Roe vs Wade, get what we vote for.  Such is life.  

Around the Network

I blame RBG who was like 150 years old and chose not to retire in 2014 when she had a chance.

Chrkeller said:
Machiavellian said:

Democrats are in the White House.  Inflation is out of control, housing costs are out of control, gas is expensive and the stock market is stagnant.  Conservatives will do well in the mid terms, IMHO.  

*I don't think the White House controls those economic aspects, but I just know how most will vote.  Being in power in a poor economy does not bode well.  

Oh I agree on those lines, it matters not if you are to blame but when you are the one in position of power and crap is bad, well its going to be your fault. That is why I am interested to see how this all goes during the mid term and if it will have any effect. Conservatives may be content that they have gotten one of their big ticket items and not feel motivated to come out to the polls.

Machiavellian said:
Chrkeller said:

Oh I agree on those lines, it matters not if you are to blame but when you are the one in position of power and crap is bad, well its going to be your fault. That is why I am interested to see how this all goes during the mid term and if it will have any effect. Conservatives may be content that they have gotten one of their big ticket items and not feel motivated to come out to the polls. 

Trust me, they have plenty of animus left over. Their next target is likely to be Obergefell v. Hodges (same-sex marriage), and given how successful they were with Roe, they'll be plenty motivated for this one. If nothing else, DoucheSantis helped stoke the smoldering embers of anti-LGBT sentiment with his war on computer-generated red pandas.

SanAndreasX said:
Machiavellian said:

Trust me, they have plenty of animus left over. Their next target is likely to be Obergefell v. Hodges (same-sex marriage), and given how successful they were with Roe, they'll be plenty motivated for this one. If nothing else, DoucheSantis helped stoke the smoldering embers of anti-LGBT sentiment with his war on computer-generated red pandas.

Yeah, the main difference between the Right and the Left is that the right is always engaged no matter what, while the Left can't really be arsed unless they are personally under attack at the exact moment of the election. 

SanAndreasX said:
Machiavellian said:

Yes but they do not need to come out to the polls for any decision going to the SC.  Those Justice are not going anywhere for a while so they may feel content that they finally have a majority that cannot be voted out.