By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sundin13 said:
SanAndreasX said:

Trust me, they have plenty of animus left over. Their next target is likely to be Obergefell v. Hodges (same-sex marriage), and given how successful they were with Roe, they'll be plenty motivated for this one. If nothing else, DoucheSantis helped stoke the smoldering embers of anti-LGBT sentiment with his war on computer-generated red pandas.

Yeah, the main difference between the Right and the Left is that the right is always engaged no matter what, while the Left can't really be arsed unless they are personally under attack at the exact moment of the election. 

This is true because the Left is the big tent political party and because of that, they are all over the place.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
SanAndreasX said:

Trust me, they have plenty of animus left over. Their next target is likely to be Obergefell v. Hodges (same-sex marriage), and given how successful they were with Roe, they'll be plenty motivated for this one. If nothing else, DoucheSantis helped stoke the smoldering embers of anti-LGBT sentiment with his war on computer-generated red pandas.

Yes but they do not need to come out to the polls for any decision going to the SC.  Those Justice are not going anywhere for a while so they may feel content that they finally have a majority that cannot be voted out.

They will still come in droves to the polls. Republicans generally do better in midterms anyway, and the right has spent the year ginning up anti-LGBT sentiment 

Machiavellian said:
sundin13 said:

Yeah, the main difference between the Right and the Left is that the right is always engaged no matter what, while the Left can't really be arsed unless they are personally under attack at the exact moment of the election. 

This is true because the Left is the big tent political party and because of that, they are all over the place.

Absolutely spot on

Chrkeller said:
Machiavellian said:

Did not get a chance to read my morning news.  Hmm the part where they are looking at gay marriages, contraceptives and other conservative issues including guns is mission accomplished for conservatives.  I wonder how this is going to play out at the polls come mid term.  I guess we will see how the nation respond.

Democrats are in the White House.  Inflation is out of control, housing costs are out of control, gas is expensive and the stock market is stagnant.  Conservatives will do well in the mid terms, IMHO.  

*I don't think the White House controls those economic aspects, but I just know how most will vote.  Being in power in a poor economy does not bode well.  

As for Roe vs Wade, get what we vote for.  Such is life.  

Well, a large part of why gas is expensive is because of price gouging I doubt the Republicans will do anything about that.  Inflation is currently a global issue I doubt that they will do anything about that or about out of control housing costs either.  Well at least Madison Cawthorn lost his primary and it looks like the wheels of justice will finally close in on Matt Gaetz.  

What does RvW overturning mean for abortion? Is it now up to the states what sort of restrictions will be placed on abortion?

Around the Network

Nvmd.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 24 June 2022

KLAMarine said:

What does RvW overturning mean for abortion? Is it now up to the states what sort of restrictions will be placed on abortion?

That what it means exactly.  A lot of states already want to make it completely illegal to have an abortion.  But that will backfire in some of those states eventually when they will, have a flood of unwanted kids on their hands that will end up in the foster system.

America.

People constantly screech "my rights" when it comes to their individual freedoms, like owning guns...
..But will happily take those rights away from women, they don't get the right to choose what they do with their own body... If it was anyone else, it would be "constitution this, constitution that".

You also know they have things backwards when the penalty for aborting a child conceived from a rape is LARGER than the rape itself. Baffles the brain.

I am glad that is not a nation that I reside in. - Which begs the question. Isn't it a progressive government in power? How did this even happen?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

KLAMarine said:

Yes.  So basically New York will have extreme protection of rights.  Texas will ban everything.  Places like North Carolina will be in between.

Pemalite said:

America.

People constantly screech "my rights" when it comes to their individual freedoms, like owning guns...
..But will happily take those rights away from women, they don't get the right to choose what they do with their own body... If it was anyone else, it would be "constitution this, constitution that".

You also know they have things backwards when the penalty for aborting a child conceived from a rape is LARGER than the rape itself. Baffles the brain.

I am glad that is not a nation that I reside in. - Which begs the question. Isn't it a progressive government in power? How did this even happen?

Because the senate is the lynch pen in getting laws and appointments through the system.  The senate is split with a democratic in West Virgina voting republican.  So in a sense Americans are too stupid to realize voting for senators is more, especially during mid terms, than voting for president.  Obama's last 4 years the senate was republican controlled and he couldn't get a court nomination.

It is all about the senate, which people here cannot figure out.

The house, more often than not, isn't a problem because New York and California have large populations.