By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TallSilhouette said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Just watched this. Not sure I've ever seen Stephen so pissed before. Maybe that one monologue where he couldn't even sit down. He wants action.

Colbert made himself famous by doing a character that was meant to be an exaggerated take on far right pundits. I'm pretty sure that nowadays that character (if real) would be called a libtard cuck by Trump supporters. When Fox News, Mike Pence, and Amy Cohen Barrett are part of the liberal conspiracy how far gone could you be?

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

Can't be sure what exactly the pic means without an explanation of your interpretation of the pic itself... I'd point something else out about this but unfortunately I know what it would mean if I did, as legit as it is, so I'll have to PM it (as well as a few other things) instead, unfortunately.

If I were to assume what you were trying to say based on the pic, I'd say what I actually see is this:

Switching 'the game', or better put, the narrative.

This obviously would be a problem trying to carry on a conversation based on it's worthiness or lack thereof. You're not trying to say that ending or avoiding posts that look to be pointless, to join or continue, is a problem is it? I'd think getting into those seemingly lost cause situations would only lead to more problems, so steering clear should be the right thing to do, is it not?

I also further explained myself in our conversation prior, beyond the past posts I referenced in the last post, now below. You didn't ask what, or state you still didn't understand that time, and/or went on to ask regardless of whether or not you understood what I had explained to you, which was that it wasn't what I was talking about. As you put it earlier, as well as some others at times, it was "irrelevant" to the point, so no need for me to take it any further before things got out of hand, like they may have based on your most recent reply, correct?

EricHiggin said:

The point about Obama, was as per the prior. Not what followed, which is what you based your question on, but hey.

I assume you understand the confusion, or at least you should in my PM.

Let's try again.

As far as I can tell, you believe that the democrats will use their control of Congress and president to make any state that disagrees with their agenda pay. That is what I'm responding to. If that is not your position, correct me.

If so, then is this what democrats have done in the past when they've had control of Congress and the Presidency?  Yes or no. If yes, then please give examples. We can go on from there.

This is much more reasonable. I'm glad you decided to reconsider.

It's my opinion that they will make entities pay which would indirectly warn others. My links showed there's reason to believe they will do so based on past and recent Dems and what they've said they'd like to do going forward as to teaching entities a lesson, warning others that certain things will not be tolerated by them going forward.

EricHiggin said:
JWeinCom said:

Let's try again.

As far as I can tell, you believe that the democrats will use their control of Congress and president to make any state that disagrees with their agenda pay. That is what I'm responding to. If that is not your position, correct me.

If so, then is this what democrats have done in the past when they've had control of Congress and the Presidency?  Yes or no. If yes, then please give examples. We can go on from there.

This is much more reasonable. I'm glad you decided to reconsider.

It's my opinion that they will make entities pay which would indirectly warn others. My links showed there's reason to believe they will do so based on past and recent Dems and what they've said they'd like to do going forward as to teaching entities a lesson, warning others that certain things will not be tolerated by them going forward.

You are skipping the first question. We can get to the links in a moment, but it's important to establish this point. Again, please give me a yes or a no.

Does entities include states and have Democrats punished states in the past for not going along with their agenda when they've had control over both houses and the presidency?

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 07 January 2021

sundin13 said:

Reading Eric's attempts at language hurts my brain. I feel like that image of Charlie Day with the string board...

Right? I try to read his posts and it's less 'rationed thought process' and more 'the result of throwing up after eating the ransom notes of a thousand serial killers'

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

sundin13 said:

Reading Eric's attempts at language hurts my brain. I feel like that image of Charlie Day with the string board...

Runa216 said:
sundin13 said:

Right? I try to read his posts and it's less 'rationed thought process' and more 'the result of throwing up after eating the ransom notes of a thousand serial killers'

Not especially helpful. Let's drop it for now.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Just call these guys what they are.
Y'all'Qaeda
They attacked the Capitol to topple democracy and the US government. I've heard this described as an act of treason. The punishment, in the US, is death.

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title18/part1/chapter115&edition=prelim#:~:text=Whoever%2C%20owing%20allegiance%20to%20the,not%20less%20than%20%2410%2C000%3B%20and

Hmm is this true?

It's like a police state.

curl-6 said:

My impression, as a non-American watching this unfold from the outside, is that the US really seems like a third world country at this point; an attempted coup, deep and violent division along cultural, class, and racial lines, a clearly deranged leader who has managed to brainwash millions into a cult that live in a delusional fantasy world of conspiracy theories...

It's frankly horrifying to witness, especially as I have American friends. I really hope that in the coming years the damage can begin to heal, and that this tailspin isn't terminal.

Stop here. I hope it is terminal. 

The reason this could happen in the first place is the result of a system that made it inviable for anything other than the two established parties to rule over a country which desperately needed major internal reforms. At this point, we're on the analogical calendar date of 22 August of 1991: the date of the August Putsch in the USSR. 

Simply put, the fractures cannot heal; they are no longer fractures. The whole lines have been drawn and the sides are officially separated. The acrimony and who's who that will ensue, fanned even further by recent calls from major business actors and the ensuing clampdown on information and views supportive of Trump will only lead to further tensions and potentially, a need for actual reforms and large scale changes. Should this be put in the backburner again, then we're going to see a lot more of stuff along these lines because the lower classes on either side of the political spectrum have had it and will demand change. 

The casualties:

Ashli Babbit, 35, a 14-year Air Force veteran, was fatally shot in the chest by Capitol Police as she breached the the building 

Benjamin Phillips, 50, suffered a stroke;

Kevin Greeson, 55, had a heart attack;

the family of Roseanne Boyland, 34, believe she was trampled

Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who was in his 40s, died on Thursday. He is reported to have suffered a stroke after hundreds of Trump loyalists violently broke their way into the Capitol hoping to stop Biden's win. One official said he had also been hit by a fire extinguisher

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9124461/US-Capitol-Police-officer-DIES-following-MAGA-mob-riots-Congress-marking-FIFTH-death.html

I heard the one with the heart attack accidentally tased himself. Sounds very believable.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Cyran said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Jailed for a crime I didn't even commit! Attempted coup, now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?

Not sure you point.  Attempted Murder is very much a crime for example and is something you can be charged with. People are in jail today for attempting to commit a crime.  It harder to prosecute because you have to show specific intent to commit the crime but it very doable.

Legal definition

https://www.justia.com/criminal/offenses/inchoate-crimes/attempt/#:~:text=Attempt%20is%20defined%20as%20an,that%20crime%2C%20but%20ultimately%20fails.

As far as the correct term to use wiki uses fail coup attempt 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

To use another Simpsons reference:

Signature goes here!