By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nautilus said:
EricHiggin said:

Could what happened yesterday really have anything to do with what happens today? Could today's happenings in any manner impact tomorrow? "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."... 

Odd how the media thought the gathering was a covid concern as that wasn't an issue with prior 'mostly peaceful protests' and people's rights. Same with lockdowns and curfews. Before it didn't matter, during lockdown, but now authorities had to stop the protest due to curfew. How unfortunate. Luckily the media did push for the Prez and/or Biden to say something to put a stop to it, just like calls for Biden and the Dems prior protest addresses to stop the destruction and violence... Those are a few to be remembered for the ages...

It's gone far enough now that the Reps finally realize that following the rules only works if everyone is on the same page, which isn't the case. They've only been dipping their toes in more recently, but assuming nothing changes much in the near future, they're going to be playing by the oppositions playbook that can only lead to utter chaos, which would eventually fix the overall problem in it's own way however. That's not to say it's the best way to fix it, but the options aren't vast at this point after waiting this long. I mean, when states full of 'deplorables' suggest seceding, you'd think the reaction would've been celebration and not the opposite...

Not surprised to see the Dems take both Georgia seats. It's really the best thing that could've happened for Reps as well as everyone. Why is another matter that won't be clear right away.

Of course. The happening of yesterday pave the way of the happenings of tomorrow. The Present dosen't live in a bubble, and we learn history in the school to learn the mistakes of our past.

And I say that mostly becauser that was what, 8 months ago that the Black Lives Matter riots happened? Doubt that feelings would be different in such a short spam of time.

Either way, as long as people don't understand each other, and don't stop with this " The other side is evil, and will always be that", and dosen't start talking, really talking, the US will go nowhere. I am of the opinion that things have already gone too far, and now the only way towards a resolution is through conflict, armed or political.Either way, the US is screwed for the next 2 to 4 years.

So like, if I saved up money months ago for an XBSX, but I changed my mind and now want a PS5, the money won't have disappeared, and I can get a PS5 instead? This is madness!

The more needy you are, the more inconsistent you will be, some much more so than others. When you live your life a quarter mile at a time, feelings change non stop on that roller coaster.

I don't disagree. Though I think a legit civil war is still pretty unlikely going forward. I think conservative states will break off well before that if things don't change soon. The Texas court case and the 18 ish states that joined weren't just about the election concerns. The following statements about seceding and the response it got tells you all you need to know about who really needs who and where things are headed.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
sethnintendo said:

That's just bullshit at last paragraph.  We spend more than any other country on military combined.  Sure there be an audit on military?  Sure.  But to suggest this shows weakness for USA is bullshit.   We would eventually reconcile against invader.   Have you looked at USA on a map?   We are an island with ally on top and south who we took their capital in US Mexican war.   We can only be defeated from within which this shows how fucking close it can be.

The last paragraph is a hyperbole. i.e. The media is claiming it to be a coup a big threat and trying to spread fear that people's lives were in danger, when in reality the clowns that protested couldn't even think of a way to organise a real coup.

As I said they broke the law yes, but hardly ill intended masterminded grand plan to take over the government. 

In Aus we have protests all the time outside government buildings and sometimes they storm inside and even throw paint on politicians. Our media doesn't go into defcon 1 calling it a coup. In fact in most cases they congratulate them for doing it lol. There is also a few idiots who try to pick a fight with the police and get arrested. You know what the biggest outcome from our protests are? People angry at the protestors because they slowed down traffic and made it a nuisance for them to get to work that day.

You are wrong.  The biggest anger is that happened in USA.  When do you go on defcon 1 when people seige the Capitol building?  You aren't even american.   As by our wishes we don't give a fuck what you think.  America first.

EricHiggin said:
Nautilus said:

Of course. The happening of yesterday pave the way of the happenings of tomorrow. The Present dosen't live in a bubble, and we learn history in the school to learn the mistakes of our past.

And I say that mostly becauser that was what, 8 months ago that the Black Lives Matter riots happened? Doubt that feelings would be different in such a short spam of time.

Either way, as long as people don't understand each other, and don't stop with this " The other side is evil, and will always be that", and dosen't start talking, really talking, the US will go nowhere. I am of the opinion that things have already gone too far, and now the only way towards a resolution is through conflict, armed or political.Either way, the US is screwed for the next 2 to 4 years.

So like, if I saved up money months ago for an XBSX, but I changed my mind and now want a PS5, the money won't have disappeared, and I can get a PS5 instead? This is madness!

The more needy you are, the more inconsistent you will be, some much more so than others. When you live your life a quarter mile at a time, feelings change non stop on that roller coaster.

I don't disagree. Though I think a legit civil war is still pretty unlikely going forward. I think conservative states will break off well before that if things don't change soon. The Texas court case and the 18 ish states that joined weren't just about the election concerns. The following statements about seceding and the response it got tells you all you need to know about who really needs who and where things are headed.

Different topics have different intensities, different "memories". Much like you can get over a betrayal of your preferred gaming company launching a game in a platform over another pretty easily, someone can have a hard time, and even take years, getting over being betryed by a girlfriend/boyfriend. A hot topic like Politics have a longer term memory than something as trivial as videogame(though as forum users, we can somewhat disagree to this lol). I am of the opinion that people wouldn't have changed their mind over 8 months, but I can't prove it, so I'll just disagree and move on.

I think I said it before in a different post, but I don't think a civil war would actually happen, simply because we as human being are way more cowards nowadays to fight an actual war than we were 100 years ago. It's more of a cultural thing than anything. Having a long period of peace will have this effect. It's for the better, for the most part, if you wanna know my opinion.

But I do think a big internal political conflict will happen, in a scale never seen before. Like some states directly disobeying federal orders, almost acting as a country of it's own, the opposition making everything it can to bar the current government measures(much like the opposition did during Trump's government, but way worse). From a political point of view, everything will come to a standstill, almost nothing will pass and so on. The next 2 years will be ugly, but I hope I'm wrong.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Buncha both sides bullshit going on in this thread after the president of the United States lied to his supporters about electoral fraud to such a degree they stormed the fucking capital building to stop the electoral process. You guys would be right at home with Trump and his "there are good people on both sides" idiocy.

Nautilus said:
EricHiggin said:

Different topics have different intensities, different "memories". Much like you can get over a betrayal of your preferred gaming company launching a game in a platform over another pretty easily, someone can have a hard time, and even take years, getting over being betryed by a girlfriend/boyfriend. A hot topic like Politics have a longer term memory than something as trivial as videogame(though as forum users, we can somewhat disagree to this lol). I am of the opinion that people wouldn't have changed their mind over 8 months, but I can't prove it, so I'll just disagree and move on.

I think I said it before in a different post, but I don't think a civil war would actually happen, simply because we as human being are way more cowards nowadays to fight an actual war than we were 100 years ago. It's more of a cultural thing than anything. Having a long period of peace will have this effect. It's for the better, for the most part, if you wanna know my opinion.

But I do think a big internal political conflict will happen, in a scale never seen before. Like some states directly disobeying federal orders, almost acting as a country of it's own, the opposition making everything it can to bar the current government measures(much like the opposition did during Trump's government, but way worse). From a political point of view, everything will come to a standstill, almost nothing will pass and so on. The next 2 years will be ugly, but I hope I'm wrong.

I was being sarcastic when it came to my last few first points. I was being overly absurd to make a point. Guess I need to make that a little more clear.

I can see violence escalating quite a bit, but not full out civil war. Not unless a split was attempted and quashed. Peaceful separation or cooperation is certainly the preferred route, but peace for the sake of peace in certain circumstances isn't an option because it will eventually lead to anything but peace.

2 years of full Dem Gov control is going to cause major tension, but I don't see the disobedience from Rep states until they have some Fed Gov control again. Could very well end up like Obama's first term. The Dems won't just sit back and watch like Trump did. If you go against them they'll make you pay and make an example of you for other states who dare disobey. Unless it's a bunch of Rep states that do so in unison with the intention of separating if they can't come to terms, I think it would take a few years before any big moves were attempted on a political level.

Around the Network

EricHiggin said:
Nautilus said:

I was being sarcastic when it came to my last few first points. I was being overly absurd to make a point. Guess I need to make that a little more clear.

I can see violence escalating quite a bit, but not full out civil war. Not unless a split was attempted and quashed. Peaceful separation or cooperation is certainly the preferred route, but peace for the sake of peace in certain circumstances isn't an option because it will eventually lead to anything but peace.

2 years of full Dem Gov control is going to cause major tension, but I don't see the disobedience from Rep states until they have some Fed Gov control again. Could very well end up like Obama's first term. The Dems won't just sit back and watch like Trump did. If you go against them they'll make you pay and make an example of you for other states who dare disobey. Unless it's a bunch of Rep states that do so in unison with the intention of separating if they can't come to terms, I think it would take a few years before any big moves were attempted on a political level.

The last two presidents came in with a majority in both houses IIRC. How did Clinton or Obama "make states pay" for states that dared to disobey with them? Concrete examples please. 

JWeinCom said:

EricHiggin said:

The last two presidents came in with a majority in both houses IIRC. How did Clinton or Obama "make states pay" for states that dared to disobey with them? Concrete examples please. 

It referred to the prior, because that would make sense, as what followed wouldn't.

EricHiggin said:
JWeinCom said:

It referred to the prior, because that would make sense, as what followed wouldn't.

... what?

You said " If you go against them they'll make you pay and make an example of you for other states who dare disobey."

So, we've seen two situations where Democrats have had control of the house, senate, and presidency. When they did, did they do what you have suggested they will now? If so, give me examples of how.

JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

... what?

You said " If you go against them they'll make you pay and make an example of you for other states who dare disobey."

So, we've seen two situations where Democrats have had control of the house, senate, and presidency. When they did, did they do what you have suggested they will now? If so, give me examples of how.

The point about Obama, was as per the prior. Not what followed, which is what you based your question on, but hey.

Trump's Gov was exactly like Bush Jr. Gov, and Bush Sr. Gov prior...

Biden's Gov will be exactly like Obama's Gov, and Clinton's Gov prior...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-truth-reconciliation-kass-20201021-f4krpwvpvjgxvb2fv7hxnapdfy-story.html

Robert worked for Billy didn't he?

JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

... what?

And while he is saying that, he is also saying that Trump just sat back and didn't lash out against Dem states which....he did. Repeatedly.