By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nautilus said:
sethnintendo said:

Yea understand frustration with the divide between us vs them.   I'll be honest I've never like trump before and of course after his presidency.   Politics in USA with two party winner takes all system seems to end with this.  Heck I have a pro trump neighbor but we learned to put politics to side and we are still friends.   I believe they say you can't talk about religion and politics among family and friends.   I think there is a better way.  To get there is another story.  Multiparty proportional representation.

Yeah, I do agree. I do think that discussion about politics and religions betwenn people that are basically polar opposite is possible, but it's just not for everyone because you would have to have two things: Pacience and acceptance. Paciencie to hear something you are inherently against and not go in a fit of rage, and acceptance that people have different opinions/perspectives than you, and that's just how life is. The problem with this is that the internet gave voice to everyone, and not everyone is like that. Hence the conflicts.

"Meet me in the middle, says the unjust man. You take a step toward him. He takes a step back. Meet me in the middle, says the unjust man."

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

So are y'all ready to admit that republicans are the villains of this story, yet? I mean, they demonized BLM and Antifa then went onto do far worse things, they encouraged white supremacists, and blatantly disregarded the very foundations of democracy all while crying about how they're the oppressed ones and that SJWs were ruining their [immunity to being held accountable for their actions]. More and more it's clear, they're violent, they're ignorant, and they lack compassion. How is that not the profile of a villain?

How can anyone defend any of this? Y'all have been silently making excuses and twisting things so that this sort of behaviour is at the very least tolerable, and the left has been saying time and again 'hey, this is where this shit leads, cut it out', and got mocked and ridiculed for it. The left continues to be correct, and I bet some of y'all will just find more creative ways to demonize them for it.

It's time to accept that republicans are outright villains, and it's time to declare the alt-right as an actual terrorist organization. This is far, FAR worse than anything Antifa or BLM did...especially considering Antifa was a movement unified by an opposition to fascism (which is exactly what this is) as opposed to an organization, and BLM was literally just people protesting the undeniable reality that black people in the US are treated unfairly.

"Fascism is bad and we should oppose it" - Apparently a controversial statement to the modern right.
"Black people deserve all the same rights as everyone else in America" - Apparently a controversial statement to the modern right.
"Trans people deserve respect and should not be harassed" - Apparently a controversial statement to the modern right.
"In a nation where there is separation of Church and State, Muslims and other religions deserve as much freedom and respect as Christians" - Another apparently controversial statement to the modern right.

This is not and has not been about 'maintaining freedoms' or anything like that. It's about maintaining the status quo where minorities shut the fuck up and took it like bitches and didn't slap back. Where entitled shitheads can do whatever they want and get away with it or have their shitty behaviour justified under some faulty 'well that's just how it is' logic. It's not about progress or making the world a better place, it's about maintaining the safe spaces for the republican snowflakes who can't handle the reality that things change and their ideals/values are outdated and rightly vilified for being intolerant or bigoted. Conservatives around the globe bitch that liberals can't live without their safe spaces, but it's conservatives who throw a global tantrum if they're not allowed to use racist terminology anymore or are *Gasp* expected to share a bus with someone who prays to a different god (or the same god in a different way)

Black people are being gunned down, Gay people and Trans people are being treated like living trash, women still only make I think 78c to the dollar compared to men, but white dudes are being held accountable for their bigotry and THEY are the oppressed ones because they can't call people [n-word] or faggot without being demonized? Piss right off. This is where this leads. Insecure, entitled shitheads with a fetish for guns and no sense of accountability need to be held in check or exactly this sort of thing happens. Liberals have been trying to put a cap on it for decades, because this is exactly what happens when this sort of deep-rooted bigotry and ignorance is left to fester for generations.

Y'all are in some great need of perspective.

It seems every week the civilized world has even more reasons to hate the modern right/conservatives/republicans/KKK/PRoudBoys, etc.

This sort of behaviour is fucking disgusting and y'all know it. This is not okay, and history already looks at this with disdain. Anyone supporting this is an outright villain in modern history. This isn't some disagreement that can be put aside at family dinner. This isn't Marvel vs DC or Microsoft vs Sony or whatever. Actual lives, livelihoods, and health are on the line here and some of you have decided that some people don't deserve safety. That makes you the bad guys.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Hiku said:

Who would have guessed.

Thaat's what happened with the Black Lives Matter protests.At least they are consistent.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Runa216 said:

So are y'all ready to admit that republicans are the villains of this story, yet? I mean, they demonized BLM and Antifa then went onto do far worse things, they encouraged white supremacists, and blatantly disregarded the very foundations of democracy all while crying about how they're the oppressed ones and that SJWs were ruining their [immunity to being held accountable for their actions]. More and more it's clear, they're violent, they're ignorant, and they lack compassion. How is that not the profile of a villain?

How can anyone defend any of this? Y'all have been silently making excuses and twisting things so that this sort of behaviour is at the very least tolerable, and the left has been saying time and again 'hey, this is where this shit leads, cut it out', and got mocked and ridiculed for it. The left continues to be correct, and I bet some of y'all will just find more creative ways to demonize them for it.

It's time to accept that republicans are outright villains, and it's time to declare the alt-right as an actual terrorist organization. This is far, FAR worse than anything Antifa or BLM did...especially considering Antifa was a movement unified by an opposition to fascism (which is exactly what this is) as opposed to an organization, and BLM was literally just people protesting the undeniable reality that black people in the US are treated unfairly.

"Fascism is bad and we should oppose it" - Apparently a controversial statement to the modern right.
"Black people deserve all the same rights as everyone else in America" - Apparently a controversial statement to the modern right.
"Trans people deserve respect and should not be harassed" - Apparently a controversial statement to the modern right.
"In a nation where there is separation of Church and State, Muslims and other religions deserve as much freedom and respect as Christians" - Another apparently controversial statement to the modern right.

This is not and has not been about 'maintaining freedoms' or anything like that. It's about maintaining the status quo where minorities shut the fuck up and took it like bitches and didn't slap back. Where entitled shitheads can do whatever they want and get away with it or have their shitty behaviour justified under some faulty 'well that's just how it is' logic. It's not about progress or making the world a better place, it's about maintaining the safe spaces for the republican snowflakes who can't handle the reality that things change and their ideals/values are outdated and rightly vilified for being intolerant or bigoted. Conservatives around the globe bitch that liberals can't live without their safe spaces, but it's conservatives who throw a global tantrum if they're not allowed to use racist terminology anymore or are *Gasp* expected to share a bus with someone who prays to a different god (or the same god in a different way)

Black people are being gunned down, Gay people and Trans people are being treated like living trash, women still only make I think 78c to the dollar compared to men, but white dudes are being held accountable for their bigotry and THEY are the oppressed ones because they can't call people [n-word] or faggot without being demonized? Piss right off. This is where this leads. Insecure, entitled shitheads with a fetish for guns and no sense of accountability need to be held in check or exactly this sort of thing happens. Liberals have been trying to put a cap on it for decades, because this is exactly what happens when this sort of deep-rooted bigotry and ignorance is left to fester for generations.

Y'all are in some great need of perspective.

It seems every week the civilized world has even more reasons to hate the modern right/conservatives/republicans/KKK/PRoudBoys, etc.

This sort of behaviour is fucking disgusting and y'all know it. This is not okay, and history already looks at this with disdain. Anyone supporting this is an outright villain in modern history. This isn't some disagreement that can be put aside at family dinner. This isn't Marvel vs DC or Microsoft vs Sony or whatever. Actual lives, livelihoods, and health are on the line here and some of you have decided that some people don't deserve safety. That makes you the bad guys.

You are falling into the conservative trap. The actions are indefensible, so they point to anything vaguely similar that groups they identify as "liberal" has done to deflect the blame.

We can judge each on its own merits. This is obviously unacceptable, regardless of whatever any group has done. Any government official who supports it should be removed from office.

This thread has become laughable and never though we could get over eating the virtual popcorn lol. Need something new to eat lol.

Who needs to watch the news when the divide of America is clearly evident in this thread with some of the disrespectful replies to people's posts.

The twitter posts, wow talk about a melodrama. These people need to be dropped of in a 3rd world or communist country and out of their bubble before they used phrases like "coup", "fear" and "safety".

America the greatest country in the world that had democracy and freedom that was the hope and dreams of many people escaping to from the shitholes that they lived in clearly no longer that place it once use to be.

American's need to take their politics less serious, almost feels like a extreme religion the way American's talk about it. Win or Loss yer be angry for a week, move on and live your life and ignore the hot air that comes out of your Government. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter which side is in power if the electoral system you have in place works and is balanced in power, as none will ever role out any extreme policies that will impact your life significantly to a point where yo are much worst off in the fear of being overturned.

I am glad I live in Australia. We may have one of the highest living expenses in the world, but fuck politics in general is an after thought and only ever comes up during an election. After that we move on and live our lives till the next election.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

This thread has become laughable and never though we could get over eating the virtual popcorn lol. Need something new to eat lol.

Who needs to watch the news when the divide of America is clearly evident in this thread with some of the disrespectful replies to people's posts.

The twitter posts, wow talk about a melodrama. These people need to be dropped of in a 3rd world or communist country and out of their bubble before they used phrases like "coup", "fear" and "safety".

America the greatest country in the world that had democracy and freedom that was the hope and dreams of many people escaping to from the shitholes that they lived in clearly no longer that place it once use to be.

American's need to take their politics less serious, almost feels like a extreme religion the way American's talk about it. Win or Loss yer be angry for a week, move on and live your life and ignore the hot air that comes out of your Government. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter which side is in power if the electoral system you have in place works and is balanced in power, as none will ever role out any extreme policies that will impact your life significantly to a point where yo are much worst off in the fear of being overturned.

I am glad I live in Australia. We may have one of the highest living expenses in the world, but fuck politics in general is an after thought and only ever comes up during an election. After that we move on and live our lives till the next election.

You hit the nail on the head.   Politics have become religion in USA.   Only way forward is that we stop granting tax exemption to religious institutions.  If they want to partake in politics then let them be taxed.

Wow to see such wise words from Bush Jr. I never thought I'd see the day.

Nautilus said:

God, what a mess. This just goes to show how much divided the US is. Just goes to show how important is to have an efficient election, one that is as transparent as possible, to avoid stuff like that.

And I'm not saying this to favor one side or another. Both sides are at fault here. If Trump won, All left centered movements would go on to riots all over the US, as Black Lives Matter already showed they arent afraid to take lives or destroy livelihoods. But this also shows how goddamn stupid right centered groups can also be. For god's sake...

I have been saying this for some time, but I do believe that the US is heading for a big internal conflict. I don't think there will be a civil war( people are too cowards to risk their life nowadays), but something big and divisive is comming, more than what is happening now.

You're a moron. You used an unprecedented example of a literal coup at Capitol Hill as an opportunity to both-sides an issue where only one side is acting as the transgressor. Again: You're a moron. When I heard this was happening, about the only thing I could get that was positive out of this (and even then very lightly) is that we can finally stop falsely equating Black Lives Matter to MAGAtards. But apparently nothing will stop that comparisons from idiots who don't want to admit that there's a difference between one group who has a noble intention and had fringe actors possibly partake in violence - violence that was probably not even initiated by them and in almost all cases enacted by the police originally, and a group who wants to forcefully carry out a coup because of results they don't like. There's a difference between being the transgressor, and being a victim of initiated conflict. At this point I'm pretty sure a Trumpite could literally shoot Joe Biden in the head and you'd be using it as an opportunity to talk about how some rioter might have hurt someone somewhere at a BLM protest. The police in BLM protests are the instigators, yet here when the most important building in the country gets nearly overthrown they are just complacent. Gee, I wonder what the discrepancy is here, what the difference is between both parties you label as in the wrong. Get over yourself. 

Cobretti2 said:

You're also a moron. Get over yourself. You aren't even from the U.S. but are telling us that we're exaggerating an event as overly-important when the event wouldn't even effect you (at least not immediately). You have people in the government literally acknowledging this as a coup but you think you know better? Do you think countries just become bad because things magically shit the bed? Ignoring things because they don't seem "that bad" is exactly how you make a country unstable. If you want to find a way to sink a democracy fast; all you need is useful idiots who will ignore dangerous radicalism as not a big deal and turn the other way. 

User was banned for this post-JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 06 January 2021

Apparently Donald has been banned from Twitter for 12 hours.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Hiku said:

Take the speculation of the 25th with a grain of salt, but:

For context, the one in charge of the DC national guard is the President, Donald Trump.
So the reason the national guard initially refused the request for help was on Trump's order.

But the reason they afterwards complied with the request, was because Mike Pence ordered it, ignoring Trump.

I wouldn't read into that at all. Trump not doing shit and everyone else covering for him has been the status quo.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.