By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hiku said:
Cobretti2 said:

The twitter posts, wow talk about a melodrama. These people need to be dropped of in a 3rd world or communist country and out of their bubble before they used phrases like "coup", "fear" and "safety".

Not saying you don't know better than sitting senators/members of congress, former US presidents, or historian of coups and right-wing authoritarians that use these terms

but I kinda am saying that.

You can say what you want. All these people have an agenda, and that is to divide the country further. Cleary it is working when people are fighting about it on social media and here too lol.

In comparison to other countries this is nothing more than a protest. If this was a coup, they be heavily armed, politicians would have been taken hostage, the building would have been sealed of once they got in there and things would have burnt down to the ground.

Then throw in the nutter with the Viking cos play outfit who seems to be at every protest right or left with his own conspiracy agenda lol.

Did they break the law? Absolutely by trespassing where they should not have, but hardly an attempt to over throw a government. If this is a best effort a coup can muster, than may as well bend over and take it up the arse from whoever decides to invade America after this circus the country is in as I doubt they be able to coordinate a defence. 

Around the Network

It will never cease to amaze me how people can ignore and downplay red flag after red flag with ridiculous arbitrary goalposts. By the time these people will acknowledge the state of affairs (if ever), it will truly be too late to do anything about it.

Nautilus said:
sethnintendo said:

And how sure are you the far left would have rioted?   Did they riot when trump lost the popular vote and won the electoral college in 2016?   Did they storm the Capitol building in 2016 demanding Clinton be made president?

Did Clinton swear up and down that she won?  That vote was rigged?  Or did she concede the day after the election.

Have you seen what those same movements I just mentioned did in 2020 and before? Killing people, destroying stores and so much more. Hell, most of the stores of the big cities were gearing up for potential riots from the Black Lives Matter or any other groups to avoid what happened earlier in 2020.

Like I said, both sides are acting stupid. Both sides are made up of humans. If one is capable of stupidity, the other is also capable.

Oh, and for everyone wondering: This wont end here. This will get far, far worse. Both sides wont let it go, and it will eventually all reach ina climax. What that climax will be, we will have to wait to see.

Could what happened yesterday really have anything to do with what happens today? Could today's happenings in any manner impact tomorrow? "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."... 

Odd how the media thought the gathering was a covid concern as that wasn't an issue with prior 'mostly peaceful protests' and people's rights. Same with lockdowns and curfews. Before it didn't matter, during lockdown, but now authorities had to stop the protest due to curfew. How unfortunate. Luckily the media did push for the Prez and/or Biden to say something to put a stop to it, just like calls for Biden and the Dems prior protest addresses to stop the destruction and violence... Those are a few to be remembered for the ages...

It's gone far enough now that the Reps finally realize that following the rules only works if everyone is on the same page, which isn't the case. They've only been dipping their toes in more recently, but assuming nothing changes much in the near future, they're going to be playing by the oppositions playbook that can only lead to utter chaos, which would eventually fix the overall problem in it's own way however. That's not to say it's the best way to fix it, but the options aren't vast at this point after waiting this long. I mean, when states full of 'deplorables' suggest seceding, you'd think the reaction would've been celebration and not the opposite...

Not surprised to see the Dems take both Georgia seats. It's really the best thing that could've happened for Reps as well as everyone. Why is another matter that won't be clear right away.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 06 January 2021

Cobretti2 said:
Hiku said:

Not saying you don't know better than sitting senators/members of congress, former US presidents, or historian of coups and right-wing authoritarians that use these terms

but I kinda am saying that.

You can say what you want. All these people have an agenda, and that is to divide the country further. Cleary it is working when people are fighting about it on social media and here too lol.

In comparison to other countries this is nothing more than a protest. If this was a coup, they be heavily armed, politicians would have been taken hostage, the building would have been sealed of once they got in there and things would have burnt down to the ground.

Then throw in the nutter with the Viking cos play outfit who seems to be at every protest right or left with his own conspiracy agenda lol.

Did they break the law? Absolutely by trespassing where they should not have, but hardly an attempt to over throw a government. If this is a best effort a coup can muster, than may as well bend over and take it up the arse from whoever decides to invade America after this circus the country is in as I doubt they be able to coordinate a defence. 

That's just bullshit at last paragraph.  We spend more than any other country on military combined.  Sure there be an audit on military?  Sure.  But to suggest this shows weakness for USA is bullshit.   We would eventually reconcile against invader.   Have you looked at USA on a map?   We are an island with ally on top and south who we took their capital in US Mexican war.   We can only be defeated from within which this shows how fucking close it can be.

EricHiggin said:
Nautilus said:

Have you seen what those same movements I just mentioned did in 2020 and before? Killing people, destroying stores and so much more. Hell, most of the stores of the big cities were gearing up for potential riots from the Black Lives Matter or any other groups to avoid what happened earlier in 2020.

Like I said, both sides are acting stupid. Both sides are made up of humans. If one is capable of stupidity, the other is also capable.

Oh, and for everyone wondering: This wont end here. This will get far, far worse. Both sides wont let it go, and it will eventually all reach ina climax. What that climax will be, we will have to wait to see.

Could what happened yesterday really have anything to do with what happens today? Could today's happenings in any manner impact tomorrow? "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."... 

Odd how the media thought the gathering was a covid concern as that wasn't an issue with prior 'mostly peaceful protests' and people's rights. Same with lockdowns and curfews. Before it didn't matter, during lockdown, but now authorities had to stop the protest due to curfew. How unfortunate. Luckily the media did push for the Prez and/or Biden to say something to put a stop to it, just like calls for Biden and the Dems prior protest addresses to stop the destruction and violence... Those are a few to be remembered for the ages...

It's gone far enough now that the Reps finally realize that following the rules only works if everyone is on the same page, which isn't the case. They've only been dipping their toes in more recently, but assuming nothing changes much in the near future, they're going to be playing by the oppositions playbook that can only lead to utter chaos, which would eventually fix the overall problem in it's own way however. That's not to say it's the best way to fix it, but the options aren't vast at this point after waiting this long. I mean, when states full of 'deplorables' suggest seceding, you'd think the reaction would've been celebration and not the opposite...

Not surprised to see the Dems take both Georgia seats. It's really the best thing that could've happened for Reps as well as everyone. Why is another matter that won't be clear right away.

Follow the rules like Republicans gerrymandering the shit out of districts so they can stay in power?   Yea shit has gone far enough.   People are tired of a minority tyranny.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nautilus said:

God, what a mess. This just goes to show how much divided the US is. Just goes to show how important is to have an efficient election, one that is as transparent as possible, to avoid stuff like that.

And I'm not saying this to favor one side or another. Both sides are at fault here. If Trump won, All left centered movements would go on to riots all over the US, as Black Lives Matter already showed they arent afraid to take lives or destroy livelihoods. But this also shows how goddamn stupid right centered groups can also be. For god's sake...

I have been saying this for some time, but I do believe that the US is heading for a big internal conflict. I don't think there will be a civil war( people are too cowards to risk their life nowadays), but something big and divisive is comming, more than what is happening now.

You're a moron. You used an unprecedented example of a literal coup at Capitol Hill as an opportunity to both-sides an issue where only one side is acting as the transgressor. Again: You're a moron. When I heard this was happening, about the only thing I could get that was positive out of this (and even then very lightly) is that we can finally stop falsely equating Black Lives Matter to MAGAtards. But apparently nothing will stop that comparisons from idiots who don't want to admit that there's a difference between one group who has a noble intention and had fringe actors possibly partake in violence - violence that was probably not even initiated by them and in almost all cases enacted by the police originally, and a group who wants to forcefully carry out a coup because of results they don't like. There's a difference between being the transgressor, and being a victim of initiated conflict. At this point I'm pretty sure a Trumpite could literally shoot Joe Biden in the head and you'd be using it as an opportunity to talk about how some rioter might have hurt someone somewhere at a BLM protest. The police in BLM protests are the instigators, yet here when the most important building in the country gets nearly overthrown they are just complacent. Gee, I wonder what the discrepancy is here, what the difference is between both parties you label as in the wrong. Get over yourself. 

Cobretti2 said:

This thread has become laughable and never though we could get over eating the virtual popcorn lol. Need something new to eat lol.

Who needs to watch the news when the divide of America is clearly evident in this thread with some of the disrespectful replies to people's posts.

The twitter posts, wow talk about a melodrama. These people need to be dropped of in a 3rd world or communist country and out of their bubble before they used phrases like "coup", "fear" and "safety".

America the greatest country in the world that had democracy and freedom that was the hope and dreams of many people escaping to from the shitholes that they lived in clearly no longer that place it once use to be.

American's need to take their politics less serious, almost feels like a extreme religion the way American's talk about it. Win or Loss yer be angry for a week, move on and live your life and ignore the hot air that comes out of your Government. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter which side is in power if the electoral system you have in place works and is balanced in power, as none will ever role out any extreme policies that will impact your life significantly to a point where yo are much worst off in the fear of being overturned.

I am glad I live in Australia. We may have one of the highest living expenses in the world, but fuck politics in general is an after thought and only ever comes up during an election. After that we move on and live our lives till the next election.

You're also a moron. Get over yourself. You aren't even from the U.S. but are telling us that we're exaggerating an event as overly-important when the event wouldn't even effect you (at least not immediately). You have people in the government literally acknowledging this as a coup but you think you know better? Do you think countries just become bad because things magically shit the bed? Ignoring things because they don't seem "that bad" is exactly how you make a country unstable. If you want to find a way to sink a democracy fast; all you need is useful idiots who will ignore dangerous radicalism as not a big deal and turn the other way. 

There is something inherently funny by being called a moron by someone who thinks they know better(If you call someone a moron, it surely means you know better, to be able to identify the other person as a moron), when the person suffering the accusation is merely trying to have a healthy discussion of how things got to this point, and how both sides have reacted the way they did, and not even claiming that only one side is in the wrong here.

Ironically, the way you answered is the very reason of why things got to the point they are now(and something I talked about with the other user): There is no discussion. There are no debates. People don't discuss how to improve the situation and how to understand each other better. It's a poop-tossing contest.It feels like rooting for one team or the other in a football match. You can't even acnowledge the mistakes of your preferred side, such as the terrorists acts of Black Lives Matter, and just brushes them under the carpet. Being a victim of inflicted conflict? What kind of excuse is that? So it means that if someone punches me in the face I have the right to shoot them in the face? The idea that the law is for everyone is to make a place that is as fair to everyone as possible. There will always be exceptions that dosen't fit into these laws, but they are also treated differently, and they are few and far betwenn.

Giving such a leeway to a group of terrorists like that, mostly ignoring it's negatives and only focusing on it's positives(if there are any), is as bad as the other group you are refering. You end up being as bad as those people that you think that tried to make a coup. They are a bunch of idiots too, that in their frustration tried to storm that place in some form of protest, and the police responded in an appropriate way.These idiots didn't want to do a coup, they probably just went to vent their frustration in the most retarded way. Hell, as far as I know, those guys were barely armed, if at all. The police even went and killed one of the protestors, and if you wanna know my opinion, that woman probably had it comming, considering the severity of what they did(Not that I want people to die).

But not trying to understand what motivated them to do that, just as not trying to understand what makes Black Lives Matter or Antifa do the horrible things they do, will lead to this again: Protestors killing people on the streets. People defending black people rights killing other black people, idiots storming the Congress over something they think it may or may not have happened. You will bottle up people emotions and frustrations, and that energy just dosen't go away. Eventually the pressure will be too high for them to keep contained, and it will explode. Much, much worse than it did today.

It's not my country, but looking at your profile, it seems that it is yours. So the one that's going to get fucked up when this all goes truly to shit will be you, not me. So start resolving the issues, not brushing them off. 

Get Over Yourself.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

EricHiggin said:
Nautilus said:

Of course. The happening of yesterday pave the way of the happenings of tomorrow. The Present dosen't live in a bubble, and we learn history in the school to learn the mistakes of our past.

And I say that mostly becauser that was what, 8 months ago that the Black Lives Matter riots happened? Doubt that feelings would be different in such a short spam of time.

Either way, as long as people don't understand each other, and don't stop with this " The other side is evil, and will always be that", and dosen't start talking, really talking, the US will go nowhere. I am of the opinion that things have already gone too far, and now the only way towards a resolution is through conflict, armed or political.Either way, the US is screwed for the next 2 to 4 years.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

sethnintendo said:
Cobretti2 said:

That's just bullshit at last paragraph.  We spend more than any other country on military combined.  Sure there be an audit on military?  Sure.  But to suggest this shows weakness for USA is bullshit.   We would eventually reconcile against invader.   Have you looked at USA on a map?   We are an island with ally on top and south who we took their capital in US Mexican war.   We can only be defeated from within which this shows how fucking close it can be.

The last paragraph is a hyperbole. i.e. The media is claiming it to be a coup a big threat and trying to spread fear that people's lives were in danger, when in reality the clowns that protested couldn't even think of a way to organise a real coup.

As I said they broke the law yes, but hardly ill intended masterminded grand plan to take over the government. 

In Aus we have protests all the time outside government buildings and sometimes they storm inside and even throw paint on politicians. Our media doesn't go into defcon 1 calling it a coup. In fact in most cases they congratulate them for doing it lol. There is also a few idiots who try to pick a fight with the police and get arrested. You know what the biggest outcome from our protests are? People angry at the protestors because they slowed down traffic and made it a nuisance for them to get to work that day.

I am very proud of the Trump supporters who stormed DC. I hope it is only the beginning. Frankly this is not comparable to Antifa so any comparison is dumb. The only human violence inside the capitol building was when federal agents shot a 16 year old female Trump supporter. The protestors did not shoot any shots into congress. It was congress who ok'd murdering a 16 year old girl RIP. The only human violence in the streets have been DC police abusing peaceful protests. The police did not handle antifa or BLM in this manner. Despite the fact that BLM and Antifa are the most anti-American organizations in its history. BLM and Antifa were founded by criminals in support of criminals. They represent everything evil and sociopathic in our modern society. Which is why they have the backing of our corrupt government. The extent of their success is they got Drew Brees to wear the name -of a rapist who threatened a repeated victim- on his helmet. They got millions of dollars then siphoned to rich Democrats and grifters who will never use it to help the small businesses that antifa destroyed. This country is a joke, Trump is simply the symbol of the people trying to get the country back from Machiavellian elite, and people are starting to wake up.

Edit: I made a mistake. Apparently there were separate shootings and people in hospital and one involved a 16 year old girl. The person who died inside the capital to the secret service was an older woman. I will leave my errors, but replace girl with woman.

modded by Axumblade 

Last edited by axumblade - on 06 January 2021

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Nautilus said:

God, what a mess. This just goes to show how much divided the US is. Just goes to show how important is to have an efficient election, one that is as transparent as possible, to avoid stuff like that.

And I'm not saying this to favor one side or another. Both sides are at fault here. If Trump won, All left centered movements would go on to riots all over the US, as Black Lives Matter already showed they arent afraid to take lives or destroy livelihoods. But this also shows how goddamn stupid right centered groups can also be. For god's sake...

I have been saying this for some time, but I do believe that the US is heading for a big internal conflict. I don't think there will be a civil war( people are too cowards to risk their life nowadays), but something big and divisive is comming, more than what is happening now.

You're a moron. You used an unprecedented example of a literal coup at Capitol Hill as an opportunity to both-sides an issue where only one side is acting as the transgressor. Again: You're a moron. When I heard this was happening, about the only thing I could get that was positive out of this (and even then very lightly) is that we can finally stop falsely equating Black Lives Matter to MAGAtards. But apparently nothing will stop that comparisons from idiots who don't want to admit that there's a difference between one group who has a noble intention and had fringe actors possibly partake in violence - violence that was probably not even initiated by them and in almost all cases enacted by the police originally, and a group who wants to forcefully carry out a coup because of results they don't like. There's a difference between being the transgressor, and being a victim of initiated conflict. At this point I'm pretty sure a Trumpite could literally shoot Joe Biden in the head and you'd be using it as an opportunity to talk about how some rioter might have hurt someone somewhere at a BLM protest. The police in BLM protests are the instigators, yet here when the most important building in the country gets nearly overthrown they are just complacent. Gee, I wonder what the discrepancy is here, what the difference is between both parties you label as in the wrong. Get over yourself. 

Cobretti2 said:

This thread has become laughable and never though we could get over eating the virtual popcorn lol. Need something new to eat lol.

Who needs to watch the news when the divide of America is clearly evident in this thread with some of the disrespectful replies to people's posts.

America the greatest country in the world that had democracy and freedom that was the hope and dreams of many people escaping to from the shitholes that they lived in clearly no longer that place it once use to be.

American's need to take their politics less serious, almost feels like a extreme religion the way American's talk about it. Win or Loss yer be angry for a week, move on and live your life and ignore the hot air that comes out of your Government. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter which side is in power if the electoral system you have in place works and is balanced in power, as none will ever role out any extreme policies that will impact your life significantly to a point where yo are much worst off in the fear of being overturned.

I am glad I live in Australia. We may have one of the highest living expenses in the world, but fuck politics in general is an after thought and only ever comes up during an election. After that we move on and live our lives till the next election.

You're also a moron. Get over yourself. You aren't even from the U.S. but are telling us that we're exaggerating an event as overly-important when the event wouldn't even effect you (at least not immediately). You have people in the government literally acknowledging this as a coup but you think you know better? Do you think countries just become bad because things magically shit the bed? Ignoring things because they don't seem "that bad" is exactly how you make a country unstable. If you want to find a way to sink a democracy fast; all you need is useful idiots who will ignore dangerous radicalism as not a big deal and turn the other way. 

User was banned for this post-JWeincom

Mate I have lived in a third world country I know what a coup is and fear used to control the people.

I never once said the people who went in there should be ignored and not be punished. From an outside perspective and someone who has lived through far worst, it is a joke to call it a coup. The problem is America's ideology hasn't evolved with the rest of the developing world and events like this are seen as a threat rather than why are these people angry. This goes for both sides. As an outsider (once again lol), all I see is internal conflict that has turned into pure hate for each other if you are on the other side of the fence. 

Everyone needs to step back and look at how the media and politicians have acted over the last 4 years on both sides and start to realise they want you to be divided, they are playing you all with fear and uncertainty. They don't want people thinking more centrally because it will be a threat to their jobs if you start voting in politicians who sit in the middle instead of the extremes.