By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Mnementh said:
jason1637 said:
Biden said the Russian interference would have not happened under his and Obama's watch. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/07/05/biden_russian_election_interference_would_not_have_happened_on_my_watch_and_baracks_watch.html

Erm, didn't the 2016 election happen under Obamas and his watch? And didn't Hillary claim russian meddling? Is he saying Clinton was wrong about russian meddling?

Yeah that's exactly what happened. People were clowning him on twitter for saying that. The interview was pretty casual so think he was spewing the first thing that came to his mind without actually thinking if its true or not. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Mnementh said:

Erm, didn't the 2016 election happen under Obamas and his watch? And didn't Hillary claim russian meddling? Is he saying Clinton was wrong about russian meddling?

Yeah that's exactly what happened. People were clowning him on twitter for saying that. The interview was pretty casual so think he was spewing the first thing that came to his mind without actually thinking if its true or not. 

I start to see why he is called a gaffe-machine.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Snoopy said:

We shall see, also that would include Illegal immigrants because they are considered Americans as well by the Democrats. 

The jobs they generate would be more than enough to cover the expenses.

At the same time, US would start to crumble since they would lack massive amount of manpower. They already start to in some sectors right now, so imaging flying out even just a fraction of the democrats in the country would do to the US...

People jobs are starting to be automated at a fast rate. Truck drivers and home builders are going to soon be automated for the most part.

the-pi-guy said:
Snoopy said:

We shall see, also that would include Illegal immigrants because they are considered Americans as well by the Democrats. 

You can start by considering illegal immigrants as people, and see where that takes you.  

They are criminals, thus should be locked in jail.

the-pi-guy said:
Snoopy said:

Even if you say they are criminals*, criminals are still people.

(*the crime of going somewhere you aren't allowed, I don't exactly consider that to be a hardcore crime...)

Yeah, but stealing money, dealing drugs and hurting someone is, which is what illegal immigrants do all the time.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
the-pi-guy said:

You can start by considering illegal immigrants as people, and see where that takes you.  

I mean if anyone who commits a crime is a criminal then most everyone deserves jail time. I assume you don't think everyone who gets a traffic infraction should be in jail. Unless there's something special about illegal border crossing that you think makes it a jailable offense beyond the overly simplistic and almost childish "it's a crime". 

Finally, let's say they are criminals, if they're sick should we just leave them to die or should we treat them? Because that's what "considering illegal immigrants as people" means; not letting them die. 

Snoopy said:
the-pi-guy said:

Even if you say they are criminals*, criminals are still people.

(*the crime of going somewhere you aren't allowed, I don't exactly consider that to be a hardcore crime...)

Yeah, but stealing money, dealing drugs and hurting someone is, which is what illegal immigrants do all the time.

Research indicates that they do it less than the native population. If decreasing those kinds of crimes are your goal you'd be statistically better off throwing out random citizens than the same number of illegal immigrants.

Snoopy said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

The jobs they generate would be more than enough to cover the expenses.

At the same time, US would start to crumble since they would lack massive amount of manpower. They already start to in some sectors right now, so imaging flying out even just a fraction of the democrats in the country would do to the US...

People jobs are starting to be automated at a fast rate. Truck drivers and home builders are going to soon be automated for the most part.

You didn't understand the point it seems.

More people means more services are needed. Jobs like Hairdressers, cashiers, shopkeepers, and so on. And those won't get automated anytime soon.

Really, immigration pays for itself. What kills a country is not immigration, it's the opposite of it: Emigration, as it results in Brain drain.

Torillian said:
Snoopy said:

Research indicates that they do it less than the native population. If decreasing those kinds of crimes are your goal you'd be statistically better off throwing out random citizens than the same number of illegal immigrants.

They use up our resources and don't pay taxes, thus stealing. So nope, you're wrong again. Also, I would love to throw out all the thugs that steal and hurt people. For one it will make sure only good outstanding people live in America and Democrats will lose voter base. It's a win-win.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 07 July 2019

Torillian said:
Snoopy said:

I mean if anyone who commits a crime is a criminal then most everyone deserves jail time. I assume you don't think everyone who gets a traffic infraction should be in jail. Unless there's something special about illegal border crossing that you think makes it a jailable offense beyond the overly simplistic and almost childish "it's a crime". 

Finally, let's say they are criminals, if they're sick should we just leave them to die or should we treat them? Because that's what "considering illegal immigrants as people" means; not letting them die. 

They are criminals, why do you think they call them ILLEGAL? Not our problem if they get sick. There are billions of people who get sick on earth, doesn't mean it is our responsibility to take care of them. They should fix their own Country instead of leaching off of us.