By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will sell more, Animal Crossing Switch or Pokemon Sword/Shield?

Tagged games:

I think the bigger seller will be...

Animal Crossing 63 42.28%

Pokemon Sword/Shield 86 57.72%

Total:149

Animal Crossing outselling Pokemon lifetime would be way less incredible than The Legend of Zelda selling as well as 3D Mario, or a Mario Party making a huge comeback, or Splatoon 2 selling 10 million lifetime, and yet all of those things are happening on Switch. And, looking at the performance of handheld Animal Crossings when compared to 3D Marios, it would be about as big as Mario selling as well lifetime as a Pokemon title ... which is looking more likely to happen by the day. And while Pokemon will get an increase, maybe even a big one, we've already seen what happens when one of the best launches ever gets squandered by an annual release schedule ... you get Sun and Moon. 

Not saying it will happen but it's way more likely than people are giving it credit for, and I'm actually surprised after so many people started to notice the Switch trend of breaking records that people are just completely neglecting the possibility. I mean, either way Pokemon has way more selling power than Animal Crossing. 

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Miyamotoo said:

AC is this year's game, so it should be playable at E3.

What does this mean? It is a game coming out this year, but that doesn’t mean it will be playable. 

It means that game is coming this year and that most likely will be playable at E3.

Miyamotoo said:
MasonADC said:

What does this mean? It is a game coming out this year, but that doesn’t mean it will be playable. 

It means that game is coming this year and that most likely will be playable at E3.

Xenoblade and FE wasngt playable in 2017, and SMP wasnt playable last year. Coming this year doesn't mean it will be playable, plus AC isn't a good type of showcase game. There booth will be themed around MM2 

MasonADC said:
Miyamotoo said:

Xenoblade and FE wasngt playable in 2017, and SMP wasnt playable last year. Coming this year doesn't mean it will be playable, plus AC isn't a good type of showcase game. There booth will be themed around MM2 

Xenoblade was December game and FE is 2019. game, but you are right, SMP wasn't playable at E3 2018. so AC also couldn't be playable at E3.

Miyamotoo said:
MasonADC said:

Xenoblade was December game and FE is 2019. game, but you are right, SMP wasn't playable at E3 2018. so AC also couldn't be playable at E3.

I meant warriors 

Around the Network

Animal Crossing. I wouldn't be surprised if it crosses 30m LT, Pokemon isn't going to do that.

The early comments didn't age well. Animal Crossing is going to crush Pokemon and every other game not named Mario Kart. This game is a phenomenon.

newwil7l said:

The early comments didn't age well. Animal Crossing is going to crush Pokemon and every other game not named Mario Kart. This game is a phenomenon.

Besides Japan, do we have any insight on how AC is doing compared to Pokemon in other territories? I havent been keeping track and a few think AC now has an guaranteed victory.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

not only do I think AC will outsell SS, I really hope it does, cause I'm really unimpressed by SS.....

Animal Crossing