By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will sell more, Animal Crossing Switch or Pokemon Sword/Shield?

Tagged games:

I think the bigger seller will be...

Animal Crossing 63 42.28%

Pokemon Sword/Shield 86 57.72%

Total:149
Jumpin said:

I’d guess Animal Crossing. The game has already had a larger worldwide cultural impact during this time of crisis and will continue to do so in the months to come. I think the cultural impact alone will make it the more significant game. It’s in the same league as Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Go, and Mario Kart 8 DX, Pokemon Sword/Shield isn’t.

Last we were told sword and shield were only around 300k behind Breath of the wild after around 1.5 months on sale. Chances are it's either equalled or surpassed botw at this point. Not sure how sword and shield are in a lower league that botw. 

Around the Network

Animal Crossing will beat Mario Kart 8 deluxe.

I’ve been waiting for them to announce numbers but they are clearly not doing that because they don’t want to look bad.

Celebrating the game sales in time of a pandemic lol.

But yeah Animal Crossing is on a whole other level. I’m expecting 17 - 20 million copies in its first financial report. Expecting it to break every record there is.

Last edited by BlackBeauty - on 15 April 2020

BlackBeauty said:

I’ve been waiting for them to announce numbers but they are clearly not doing that because they don’t want to look bad.

But yeah Animal Crossing is on a whole other level. I’m expecting 17 - 20 million copies in its first financial report. Expecting it to break every record there is.

Animal crossing western power isn’t strong enough to do that. Remember, it is still a game based on legs 

BlackBeauty said:

You think it sold between 17-20 million in less than 2 weeks, Outside of the holiday season, with supply issues? 

Around the Network

Now it is easy to say that AC will sell more, because it is no doubt anymore that AC NZ is a mega seller :)

But I must confess had someone asked me the same question a few weeks ago I had not expected AC to be this enormously successful.

MasonADC said:
BlackBeauty said:

Animal crossing western power isn’t strong enough to do that. Remember, it is still a game based on legs 

AC is blowing up in the west just as much as Japan. Benji and Matt have thrown several big hints saying that AC is a complete and total juggernaut. 

newwil7l said:
MasonADC said:

AC is blowing up in the west just as much as Japan. Benji and Matt have thrown several big hints saying that AC is a complete and total juggernaut. 

Blowing up compared to past AC games, but to reach the numbers you are saying, it would have to be way stronger than Pokémon in the west, which we have no indication it is. 

MasonADC said:
newwil7l said:

Blowing up compared to past AC games, but to reach the numbers you are saying, it would have to be way stronger than Pokémon in the west, which we have no indication it is. 

I say its social media presence and huge attention from even non gamers is a pretty good indication. Sword and Sheild never felt this big, not even close.

newwil7l said:
MasonADC said:

I say its social media presence and huge attention from even non gamers is a pretty good indication. Sword and Sheild never felt this big, not even close.

Were you not on twitter during SWSH launch weekend? It was huge. And obviously pokemon gets huge attention from non gamers, it’s literally pokemon. But yeah 17-20 million with such a short timeframe is impossible