By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will sell more, Animal Crossing Switch or Pokemon Sword/Shield?

Tagged games:

I think the bigger seller will be...

Animal Crossing 63 42.28%

Pokemon Sword/Shield 86 57.72%

Total:149

World: Pokemon
Japan: Animal Crossing

Around the Network

Dont know if Pokemon is coming to the Swtich or 3ds. If to switch it will kill Crossing. If 3DS then crossing will beat it as I believe Crossing is coming to switch?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

curl-6 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Well what about you? What do you think? Do you think there's a chance that Animal Crossing will beat a mainline Pokemon entry, and the first one with a home console experience at that?

My first impulse was that it has a chance if Sword/Shield's legs are cut off by a followup in 2020/2021 while AC continues to have evergreen legs for years to come. After checking the figures though, I dunno. Honestly I was just bored out of my mind when I posted this thread, I can't believe how dull VGC is these days.

That's weird, I would say taking the numbers at face value actually gives AC more of a chance. It's only a few million away on 3DS and you could make an argument AC has more room for potential growth than Pokemon. 

Still, I would wait till more info was announced.

Has got to be Pokemon

This is tough one, both will sell more than 15m, Pokemon is bigger and it will sell more than AC in first year-two,
but Pokemon legs will be cut down buy new Pokemon games, while we will have only one AC game on Switch,
so I will say AC will sell more.

Around the Network

Pokemon will sell more than Animal Crossing, for sure.
Still, depending of how Nintendo holds its marketing, I think the next Animal Crossing has the potential to, at least, match New Leaf sales, which were insane.

Pokemon. Both huge franchises but Pokemon is literally 1 of the biggest!
Pokemon 18-25m.
Animal Crossing 14-18m.
This would still see huge growth for Animal Crossing and decent growth for Pokemon.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Pokemon is gonna sell unnaturally high numbers, will break records on the Switch imo.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If we’re counting sales of both sword and shield, I don’t see how this could ever happen. If Animal Crossing sees a solid boost and if there are more and better Pokémon games in 2020 and 2021, but basically, those ifs won’t happen.
On the plus side for Animal Crossing, it has gone from mildly innovative Harvest Moon clone to one of Nintendo’s top 5 selling franchises, you can’t complain about that.

I'd go with Animal Crossing I think Pokemon will have the bigger launch but Animal Crossing legs will carry though the entire gen whilst other mainline Pokemon games eat into the legs of Sword/Shield.