By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 2 February 2019

Mummelmann said:
Statistical tie at the top, I wonder if everyone thinks my idea that MS will release a new Xbox this year is still ridiculous though, those are some truly atrocious numbers.

It is still ridiculous. Not because the sales of the XBO, but simply because bringing the next gen this year already would ensure that the next console wouldn't be much stronger than the One X. It would also ensure that the PS5 would be stronger when it eventually releases, thus ensuring getting beaten then again.

So Microsoft, better don't rush this now.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
CGI-Quality said:

Yup..... six years ago today, in fact!

Happy anniversary CGI. We've been though so much together, and you teach me new things every day.

Happy to help! ;)

Switch holding up despite no huge releases!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

KLAMarine said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Maybe NSMB U port is the secret console pusher. You know damn well it aint the Travis Strikes Back again.  Either NSMB or the holiday effect of Pokemon/Smash/NSMB combo is whats carrying it right now, only thing I can think of 

You best not be talking badly of the latest No More Heroes. I'm enjoying that one.

I am. The new budget title is embarrassing. We better still get NMH 3 though, that's the one I'd look forward to. But if what they said was true about NMH3 only being possible if Travis Strikes Again is successful, then I'm gonna go cry

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
KLAMarine said:

You best not be talking badly of the latest No More Heroes. I'm enjoying that one.

I am. The new budget title is embarrassing. We better still get NMH 3 though, that's the one I'd look forward to. But if what they said was true about NMH3 only being possible if Travis Strikes Again is successful, then I'm gonna go cry

meh, Travis Strikes Again is as good as the first NMH if not better and much closer to the spirit of that first game with Travis' characterization, the themes and story it presents, much more akin to Suda's best work. Definitely more No More Heroes than Desperate Struggle was.

And if we are talking gameplay, is just as simple in mechanics as the others.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if I can totally believe the PS4 numbers. I mean, we have US and JP numbers, so these are fixed. But that also means that US+JP together only make about a third of PS4 total sales this week (or in numbers, 86k out of 248k total), and that just seems a bit too low to me.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
I'm not sure if I can totally believe the PS4 numbers. I mean, we have US and JP numbers, so these are fixed. But that also means that US+JP together only make about a third of PS4 total sales this week (or in numbers, 86k out of 248k total), and that just seems a bit too low to me.

They seem a little low to me as well, but I imagine adjustments regardless.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

LTD thru 2018

US-28.2 million

JP-7.6 million

WW-91.6 million

US+JP is ~39% of WW numbers, this week they are ~35%. That's really not much of a difference.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

LTD thru 2018

US-28.2 million

JP-7.6 million

WW-91.6 million

US+JP is ~39% of WW numbers, this week they are ~35%. That's really not much of a difference.

I thought they had a bigger share than that, nevermind then.

CGI-Quality said:
KLXVER said:

They were? Well then never mind me...

Yup..... six years ago today, in fact!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the WiiU was probably announced before it released in 2012 as that was the first 8th Gen console.

Also regarding the next Microsoft Machine, what's the point? They already have the most powerful toy, it's just sitting on the shelf currently with absolutely no reason to exist, software is their issue right now and has been for the last 5 years, that isn't going to be fixed with a new piece of hardware, if anything they would just upset the loyal Xbox fans who had invested in "the most powerful games console" if they figure the issue is hardware and ya know... go for more power without ever fixing that base issue of no games to play on it which can't be experienced elsewhere.

They are between a rock and a hard place, the last company to find themselves in it was Nintendo with the Wii-U an unpopular system with some nice software but lacking power and a reason to exist, Nintendo did a fantastic miracle save with the turn around they've achieved by pulling off the bandaid and releasing the Switch alongside a first year of groundbreaking titles, if MS was to do that same thing they're going to need more than things like Sea of Thieves and Terry Crews: Development Hell simulator.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8