By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Are you circumsized ?

Are you?

Yes 44 38.26%

No 70 60.87%

undecided 1 0.87%

Total:115

I am and since I've had it from birth its what I am used to and happy with it. Would I circumcise my child? Maybe.
Reason being much like an appendix, its not nessesary and sometimes (0.01%) can cause compilcations which require it to be removed. I have two friends, both needed circumcision later in life.

First one had when 18 and the pain and soreness weeks afterwards was unbearable. Thankfully fine now. Other needs it but puts up with it since the pain and not wanting to mess with down there is perfectly understandable.

But as kinda stated before, 2 people out of the 1000s I know, doubt it would happen to my kid so *shrug*

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Nope. From what I gather, apart from the US where it's common for most guys, only Jewish guys get circumcised.

As far as I know it's also common for muslims to circumcise male babies.

No, but I may have to have it done for medical reasons.

No. Although I've a friend who isn't religious and chose to have it done. He brags about it and tells us it makes him last longer and the women love it.

Nope, thankfully

Around the Network

Growing up, the only guys (that I knew of) who weren't circumcised were either Catholic or born outside the U.S. I'm neither of those, so yeah. Was done at birth for me, so no choice in the matter.

Kerotan said:
No. Although I've a friend who isn't religious and chose to have it done. He brags about it and tells us it makes him last longer and the women love it.

am Circumcised and it is true. 

It is a rare both pro and con. I have to work a little harder to reach peak satisfaction for myself, but in the process bring much more satisfaction to my partner and in the end I believe that brings more opportunities....

Bottom line. I still get fully off, but I spend more time getting there and thus the female gets more out it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Yes.

deltazero said:
I am and since I've had it from birth its what I am used to and happy with it. Would I circumcise my child? Maybe.
Reason being much like an appendix, its not nessesary and sometimes (0.01%) can cause compilcations which require it to be removed. I have two friends, both needed circumcision later in life.

First one had when 18 and the pain and soreness weeks afterwards was unbearable. Thankfully fine now. Other needs it but puts up with it since the pain and not wanting to mess with down there is perfectly understandable.

But as kinda stated before, 2 people out of the 1000s I know, doubt it would happen to my kid so *shrug*

I'm sure that religious folk have come up with a thousand non-religious excuses for having it done, but those are an afterthought to fight off modern criticism and protect the old custom.

I might grant you that the foreskin isn't absolutely necessary, but it's not really comparable to other truly unnecessary organs like the appendix, either. If the foreskin was a real disadvantage, evolution would have done away with it already, because it is involved in the reproduction of our species, a most critical function. Any needless surgery is pointless, and if it wasn't part of certain religious practices, there would'n even be discussion about it.

Well, it's not like this thing is going to go away any time soon, so each to their own I guess.

I didn't even have my kid christened,(let alone make surgical alterations to him) because I believe it's not ethical to force any kind of belief systems on an unwitting baby. When he is old enough to gauge the world and make his own decisions, he can do as he pleases.

MrWayne said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Nope. From what I gather, apart from the US where it's common for most guys, only Jewish guys get circumcised.

As far as I know it's also common for muslims to circumcise male babies.

Oh, well then them too.