By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Super Slim and PS4 Pro Slim?

Will we get PS4 Super Slim and/or PS4 Pro Slim?

PS4 Super Slim and PS4 Pro Slim 17 35.42%

only PS4 Super Slim 4 8.33%

only PS4 Pro Slim 7 14.58%

no new hardware until PS5 20 41.67%

Total:48

Nah, I personally never liked when MS and Sony did more than one slim revision on their consoles (even though Sony has done it with PS2 and PS3 and MS with 360) Even still, I hope they don't.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Nah, I personally never liked when MS and Sony did more than one slim revision on their consoles (even though Sony has done it with PS2 and PS3 and MS with 360) Even still, I hope they don't.

What exactly is it that you didn't like about it? I'm not really seeing any potential negatives on the consumer side so I'm not sure how having another option could be disliked? Unless providing more options is too much to handle for a consumer?

Well, I'd prefer a Slim Pro. But considering the base models are all about convenience and comfort - I guess a Super Slim is the most likely.

potato_hamster said:
melbye said:
Pro Slim probably, regular PS4 should be phased out

Why should the regular PS4 be phased out?

I'm just thinking that if the Slim Pro is cheap enough another PS4 SKU would be a waste of resources

melbye said:
potato_hamster said:

Why should the regular PS4 be phased out?

I'm just thinking that if the Slim Pro is cheap enough another PS4 SKU would be a waste of resources

... wouldn't a super slim regular PS4 be even cheaper again?

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
NobleTeam360 said:

What exactly is it that you didn't like about it? I'm not really seeing any potential negatives on the consumer side so I'm not sure how having another option could be disliked? Unless providing more options is too much to handle for a consumer?

It's not that I see it as a negative, I'm just a sucker for buying new consoles xD. Knowing myself, I'll end up buying a super slim even though I already have a PS4. 

A super slim and pro slim with a cheaper price would be cool. I'd love to see it but I doubt it.

A basic slim is more likely than a pro slim imho

Still, I don't know if the last ps3 slim was really worth it in terms of sales.

A $50 price cut would be more welcome imo, but I'm also not sure if it'd really help ps4 sell more at this point. They may cut the price after or more close to ps5 release though.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

A final $199 revision would make sense.

If anything phases out it will be the Pro, I doubt they’ll be any big statement. You’ll just slowly see Sony push bundles with the cheap slim and then suddenly Pro will be hard to find at stores.Pro doesn’t make sense once the PS5 arrives. They’d want to push PS5 adoption as the premium experience and a dirt cheap PS4 for late adopters and cost weary consumers. I see no need to overcrowd their shelve space with PS4 Pros which no longer have any purpose in the market.

potato_hamster said:
melbye said:

... wouldn't a super slim regular PS4 be even cheaper again?

By that logic, a PS3 would be even cheaper.  There comes a point of diminishing returns.  I don't think it would be fair make an even smaller PS4 pro, and have yet another PS4 that is even smaller than it.  I think that the base PS4 should be phased out too.  If a new ps4 pro is so small, to the point that you'd only save 50 dollars with a base PS4, it really doesn't make sense to keep it around.  I'd think it should be removed out of respect to the consumer.  Even today, as someone who owns both a PS4 and a PS4 Pro, I never play my PS4 anymore.  All my multi-plats are on PC, and for exclusives, they're only on my pro.  Putting up with as little frame drops as possible.

I don't even use 4k settings or super sampling, I always hit the performance options.