Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 5 January 2019

CaptainExplosion said:
Yay for Switch!! :D

Nintendo deserves some years of top sales now :p

Ps4 had it shine and xbox can redeem itself next gen ;)

Around the Network

Europe got back to ps4.
Switch dropped hard in europe than I expected.

As for how the Consoles stack up on vgchartz at week 97...

I've been keeping track of them but this is the start of a new year so I started afresh again 😁

Last edited by JSG87 - on 25 January 2019

Ps4 outselling xbox by over 4 to 1 and switch outselling it over 5 to 1. This year is going to be extremely rough for MS.

Kerotan said:
Ps4 outselling xbox by over 4 to 1 and switch outselling it over 5 to 1. This year is going to be extremely rough for MS.

What I think.

Around the Network

Sharp declines all around week over week. The video game industry just collapsed =(

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nice YOY increase for Switch, makes sense with the momentum from Smash the previous month.

Kerotan said:

If they really want to spur sales they can price cut, (Cut the S to $199, the X to $350/$300) or they can just hunker down and weather the storm until next gen.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 January 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Nice YOY increase for Switch, makes sense with the momentum from Smash the previous month.

Kerotan said:

If they really want to spur sales they can price cut, (Cut the S to $199, the X to $350/$300) or they can just hunker down and weather the storm until next gen.

XBO has had regular discounts throughout its life and it has never allowed it to close the gap between itself and PS4 or get out of its 7-8m/year baseline so those arent going to do anything other than help sales remain stable.

They just need to make sure that their next console starts out strong with no big mistakes like XBO had and try to find a way to get tap into markets outside of US/UK.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

XBO has had regular discounts throughout its life and it has never allowed it to close the gap between itself and PS4 or get out of its 7-8m/year baseline so those arent going to do anything other than help sales remain stable.

They just need to make sure that their next console starts out strong with no big mistakes like XBO had and try to find a way to get tap into markets outside of US/UK.

Oh I didn't mean to imply it's suddenly going to become competitive with PS4/Switch given a price cut, just that if sales slip too low, a price cut could help compensate and keep them from slipping into disastrous territory.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Hurts to see the 3ds selling on par with the Xbox.