By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 5 January 2019

Start of the year! Switch still holding strong! Even got a YoY increase.....very nice! XB1/PS4 not bad still pretty solid compared to the precious year.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Start of the year! Switch still holding strong! Even got a YoY increase.....very nice! XB1/PS4 not bad still pretty solid compared to the precious year.

precious or previous lol ?

colafitte said:
I guess the only reason why ps4 is so close to last years numbers is thanks to that huge and unexpected japan week.

Yes, as Media Create showed week 2 & 3 drops are quite harsh, under 20k.

Kingdom Hearts+Resident Evil combo will provide a nice boost but well under what Monster Hunter provided last year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nate4Drake said:
Good figures for Switch and PS4. I'm expecting PS4 to come on top again after mid of Jan. I think from Jan 19th Week, and not later than Jan 26th week.

Agreed, in Japan KH3 is also sold as a bundle with PS4Pro and this will push PS4 sales but I think no longer than 2 weeks

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Nate4Drake said:
Good figures for Switch and PS4. I'm expecting PS4 to come on top again after mid of Jan. I think from Jan 19th Week, and not later than Jan 26th week.

New Super Mario released Jan 11 so I expect week 2 & 3 to stay in Switch's favor but KH+RE should definitely give PS4 a victory in week 4 & week 5. Will be interesting to see where both systems baselines level out at.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
colafitte said:
I guess the only reason why ps4 is so close to last years numbers is thanks to that huge and unexpected japan week.

Yes, as Media Create showed week 2 & 3 drops are quite harsh, under 20k.

Kingdom Hearts+Resident Evil combo will provide a nice boost but well under what Monster Hunter provided last year.

Yup

These next weeks are going to be really difficult to predict PS4 sales everywhere. Nobody knows for sure how much is going to drop this year...

As for Switch, is still going high thanks to holiday season. Last year was the same. To see if Switch is going to do much better this year, we pobably will need to wait until February.

zorg1000 said:
Nate4Drake said:

New Super Mario released Jan 11 so I expect week 2 & 3 to stay in Switch's favor but KH+RE should definitely give PS4 a victory in week 4 & week 5. Will be interesting to see where both systems baselines level out at.

Yeah.  Most probably from the week 26 Jan, when RE2 will be out, and KH3 later on 29th.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Amnesia said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

precious or previous lol ?

Didn't even realize that lol. Definitely previous lmbo.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

colafitte said:

I guess the only reason why ps4 is so close to last years numbers is thanks to that huge and unexpected week in Japan.

I don't think it was unexpected was it? PS4 still had a price discount for the week just posted and the week after I think.

EDIT - sorry I think this was the last week of the promotion.

Last edited by JSG87 - on 25 January 2019

JSG87 said:
colafitte said:

I guess the only reason why ps4 is so close to last years numbers is thanks to that huge and unexpected week in Japan.

I don't think it was unexpected was it? PS4 still had a price discount for the week just posted and the week after I think.

EDIT - sorry I think this was the last week of the promotion.

It was the last one indeed, but it was a better week than expected ny most. After this week PS4 is going back to sub 20k week in Japan, way worse result than last years numbers in the same period. Maybe because KH3 is launching soon, so maybe people are waiting until then, but i don't know for sure.