By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 5 January 2019

colafitte said:
JSG87 said:

I don't think it was unexpected was it? PS4 still had a price discount for the week just posted and the week after I think.

EDIT - sorry I think this was the last week of the promotion.

It was the last one indeed, but it was a better week than expected ny most. After this week PS4 is going back to sub 20k week in Japan, way worse result than last years numbers in the same period. Maybe because KH3 is launching soon, so maybe people are waiting until then, but i don't know for sure.

No, it's just that people who wanted a PS4 ran out and got one before the sale ended, now that it's full price again there is little demand. KH/RE will help for a week or two but it will quickly go back to under 20k, maybe even under 15k. It needs a permanent price cut in Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
colafitte said:

It was the last one indeed, but it was a better week than expected ny most. After this week PS4 is going back to sub 20k week in Japan, way worse result than last years numbers in the same period. Maybe because KH3 is launching soon, so maybe people are waiting until then, but i don't know for sure.

No, it's just that people who wanted a PS4 ran out and got one before the sale ended, now that it's full price again there is little demand. KH/RE will help for a week or two but it will quickly go back to under 20k, maybe even under 15k. It needs a permanent price cut in Japan.

I think the same indeed, so no arguments from me here. 

The thing is..., is Sony going to put a permanent price cut just in a region and not worldwide?? because i think Sony will do a worldwide dicount or no one at all.

colafitte said:
zorg1000 said:

The thing is..., is Sony going to put a permanent price cut just in a region and not worldwide?? because i think Sony will do a worldwide dicount or no one at all.

Not sure, I could certainly see a WW price cut to $249 (and regional equivalents) this year though.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
colafitte said:

Not sure, I could certainly see a WW price cut to $249 (and regional equivalents) this year though.

I'm not sure either, but i think they should do it worldwide like you say. Around June would be perfect in my opinion.

colafitte said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm not sure either, but i think they should do it worldwide like you say. Around June would be perfect in my opinion.

I guess it also depends on how much sales drop this year. If sales barely drop in Q1/Q2 than they will likely see no need to drop the price. However if sales start to slip by a moderate amount than I could see one happening.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Yay for Switch!! :D

Nintendo deserves some years of top sales now :p

Ps4 had it shine and xbox can redeem itself next gen ;)

Europe got back to ps4.
Switch dropped hard in europe than I expected.

As for how the Consoles stack up on vgchartz at week 97...

I've been keeping track of them but this is the start of a new year so I started afresh again 😁

Last edited by JSG87 - on 25 January 2019

Ps4 outselling xbox by over 4 to 1 and switch outselling it over 5 to 1. This year is going to be extremely rough for MS.

Kerotan said:
Ps4 outselling xbox by over 4 to 1 and switch outselling it over 5 to 1. This year is going to be extremely rough for MS.

What I think.