By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The switch is Generation Three : Pocketconsole

I have seen the discussions since we have known about the switch i called it a tablet in 2013 and in that implementation tossed it in generation 8. But in its current form it is the best of both worlds. So to just end both debates let it be known its a Pocketconsole/handheldonsole of the third generation. 

Last edited by kirby007 - on 19 January 2019

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Well except that it runs 8 cores at 1 ghz at below 720p. The iPad Pro both 2017 and 2018 versions have their cores running at a much better rate and better color scheme and better resolution. I would bet Samsungs Tab S3 is probably more powerful than the switch, but the iPad Pro blows it out of the water. If Nintendo just released their games on good hardware I'd already have one. I might buy one depending on how innovative or polished Metroid Prime 4 finishes. I probably will for that reason. I still wish they had better hardware, but I understand the price is an issue. The cheapest the iPad Pro 2017 ever was $450 new from Microcenter and that was the 10.5 at 64 gb so the switch is more cost effective. 

My Switch does not fit in my pocket. I carry it around in a carrying case. It is a portable console. It is a hybrid. I even listed that as one of the options in the thread I made a while back. I'll go with hybrid...but not with this "pocketconsole" term you're trying to coin. Maybe when Nintendo releases a Switch mini...but even then it would belong to the hybrid family.

kirby007 said:

I have seen the discussions since we have known about the switch i called it a tablet in 2013 and in that implementation tossed it in generation 8. But in its current form it is the best of both worlds. So to just end both debates let it be known its a Pocketconsole/handheldonsole of the first generation

The performance difference between Switch and PS4/XBO is similar to the performance difference between Vita and PS3/360 and similar to the performance difference between PSP and PS2. Both PSP and Vita allowed downgraded home console games with similar gameplay.

So why is the Switch the first Pocketconsole?

Cause the psp /vita didnt have a cewl dock or multiple controllers

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Cause the psp /vita didnt have a cewl dock or multiple controllers

PSP 2000/3000/Go didn't need a cewl dock, just a cable to connect them to a TV.

And a second PSP was the second controller for multiplayer games... even with an additional display... how cewl is that?

View on YouTube

You could also combine Vitas + PS TVs for cewl Multiplayer sessions:

View on YouTube

Last edited by Conina - on 18 January 2019

Thats like saying i need 2 ps4s or 2 xbx to play with 2 people

Yeah coz we've never had pocket consoles before.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

You mean a handheld? That is what we been calling consoles that fits in your pocket for over 20 years now.

Xxain said:
You mean a handheld? That is what we been calling consoles that fits in your pocket for over 20 years now.

Those were gamingdevices for 1 player