By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The switch is Generation Three : Pocketconsole

kirby007 said:
Xxain said:
You mean a handheld? That is what we been calling consoles that fits in your pocket for over 20 years now.

Those were gamingdevices for 1 player per system

ftfy

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Gen 1 Hybrid.

Wyrdness said:
Gen 1 Hybrid.

But it's not a hybrid.

Conina said:

So why is the Switch the first Pocketconsole?

I would say because it's the first to seamlessly offer the option of portable or console play out of the box.

I'm pretty sure all other handhelds that had the ability to play on a TV first needed a revision or add-on to allow it and most of those came a few years down the road.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pyro as Bill said:
Wyrdness said:
Gen 1 Hybrid.

But it's not a hybrid.

Then what is it?

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

But it's not a hybrid.

It is.

Hybrid: A x B -> C

Switch = A or B

Cars may have confused you but they're not hybrids either. It's just a marketing term.

You're a hybrid of your parents, yes? That's not the same as being able to switch between your maternal and paternal traits at will.

Hybrid = She Hulk, Switch = Bruce Banner OR the Incredible Hulk.

This can be confusing for small brained people who are easily tricked by marketing experts.

kirby007 said:
Xxain said:
You mean a handheld? That is what we been calling consoles that fits in your pocket for over 20 years now.

Those were gamingdevices for 1 player

Now that I put more effort into thinking about it, "pocketconsole" would be accurate. Your definitely promoting the wrong hook though.

zorg1000 said:
Conina said:

So why is the Switch the first Pocketconsole?

I would say because it's the first to seamlessly offer the option of portable or console play out of the box.

I'm pretty sure all other handhelds that had the ability to play on a TV first needed a revision or add-on to allow it and most of those came a few years down the road.

Break it down.

What's the difference between SNES and GBA?

Or 3DS v GC/Wii?

Multiplayer (single system), motion control, big 'experiences' (which is dependent on power) and 32" output.

Pyro as Bill said:
Mar1217 said:

It is.

Hybrid: A x B -> C

Switch = A or B

Cars may have confused you but they're not hybrids either. It's just a marketing term.

You're a hybrid of your parents, yes? That's not the same as being able to switch between your maternal and paternal traits at will.

Hybrid = She Hulk, Switch = Bruce Banner OR the Incredible Hulk.

This can be confusing for small brained people who are easily tricked by marketing experts.

Interesting, but in this field though? What would you call hyrbid console then? This reminds me of the RPG  thing.

Pyro as Bill said:
zorg1000 said:

Break it down.

What's the difference between SNES and GBA?

Or 3DS v GC/Wii?

Multiplayer (single system), motion control, big 'experiences' (which is dependent on power) and 32" output.

Are you agreeing or arguing with me?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.