By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [OFFICIAL] Resident Evil 2 REMAKE Thread

d21lewis said:
I read somewhere that the game has an adaptive difficulty. Maybe that's why some zombies die in one shot and others die after damn near a dozen. The game is trying to make itself easier when you're low on ammo and harder when you're a walking tank.

I prefer the RE4 style where you would find different stuff depending on how your progress was going (more/better ammo, health, etc).

If it's adaptive it's not working well , when you get two zombies together and one dies in 2 or 3 shots and the other one takes forever , also I have had it happen when I've headshot a group of prone  zombies from point blank range so  they won't interfere when tackling  nearby lickers.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

mjk45 said:

d21lewis said:
I read somewhere that the game has an adaptive difficulty. Maybe that's why some zombies die in one shot and others die after damn near a dozen. The game is trying to make itself easier when you're low on ammo and harder when you're a walking tank.

I prefer the RE4 style where you would find different stuff depending on how your progress was going (more/better ammo, health, etc).

If it's adaptive it's not working well , when you get two zombies together and one dies in 2 or 3 shots and the other one takes forever , also I have had it happen when I've headshot a group of prone  zombies from point blank range so  they won't interfere when tackling  nearby lickers.

It felt that way with the demo, but now after playing the full game, none of it feels adaptive. Each zombie takes more than 5 shots to go down, all headshots as well. 

The better method at this point seems to be capping their legs and slicing off limbs with the knife, but that becomes both boring, odd and tedious. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

mjk45 said:

It felt that way with the demo, but now after playing the full game, none of it feels adaptive. Each zombie takes more than 5 shots to go down, all headshots as well. 

The better method at this point seems to be capping their legs and slicing off limbs with the knife, but that becomes both boring, odd and tedious. 

One thing we haven't talked about is the crosshairs and the way it shrinks and then enlarges where if you fire while it's small you do extra damage but then it enlarges so you then have to wait for it to shrink again if you want max damage and that can be hard to do with a couple of zombies on your case.

mjk45 said:

Chazore said:

One thing we haven't talked about is the crosshairs and the way it shrinks and then enlarges where if you fire while it's small you do extra damage but then it enlarges so you then have to wait for it to shrink again if you want max damage and that can be hard to do with a couple of zombies on your case.

I've also noticed that if you purchase the deluyxe edition, you get Chris/Jill/Wesker's guns, all of them roughly the same, but each of them doing things differently, like Chris's gun having faster crosshair, Kill's having a faster drawspeed, and Wesker's having less knockback when you fire a round. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

mjk45 said:

d21lewis said:

I have no idea how it works. I oftenfelt--

eiH

e

Around the Network

I don't know why quoting is often broken on my phone. Anyway, here's a quote from the devs:

“In terms of the standard difficulty, it does adjust based on player performance. I’d like to believe that you were doing really well and so the difficulty ramped up even more. But we have it tuned so that no matter how well you’re doing, there’s always going to be that sense of dread and tension there. Also, we are definitely implementing things that assist the player if they choose to utilize that stuff such as auto game. If a player thinks, ‘Here, I’d rather have an easier time going through this,’ we will have those sorts of options as well.”

I haven't played it, but it looks like a genuinely good experience. I am enjoying Markiplier's playthrough.

d21lewis said:
I don't know why quoting is often broken on my phone. Anyway, here's a quote from the devs:

“In terms of the standard difficulty, it does adjust based on player performance. I’d like to believe that you were doing really well and so the difficulty ramped up even more. But we have it tuned so that no matter how well you’re doing, there’s always going to be that sense of dread and tension there. Also, we are definitely implementing things that assist the player if they choose to utilize that stuff such as auto game. If a player thinks, ‘Here, I’d rather have an easier time going through this,’ we will have those sorts of options as well.”

dynamic difficulty isn't the problem  in REmake it's more the implementation, if your going well and the game decides to add a roll of sponge to wrap around the zombies it should be the same thickness for them all, my way of thinking is if they have to penalise you for good skillful game play, they haven't got the starting difficulty right and that's what playtesting is for, now when it comes to those struggling, one thing I do like in REmake is if you die a few times it will ask if you want to turn down the difficulty , or one I like even better  like you said with  RE4 and it helping with extra supplies.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 02 February 2019

There is no escape from this tyrant!  

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

mjk45 said:

dynamic difficulty isn't the problem  in REmake it's more the implementation, if your going well and the game decides to add a roll of sponge to wrap around the zombies it should be the same thickness for them all, my way of thinking is if they have to penalise you for good skillful game play, they haven't got the starting difficulty right and that's what playtesting is for, now when it comes to those struggling, one thing I do like in REmake is if you die a few times it will ask if you want to turn down the difficulty , or one I like even better  like you said with  RE4 and it helping with extra supplies.

Tbh I kind of agree they should have just had a set difficulty instead of adding in an RnG factor because you start to feel the annoyances especially in Scenario B where a certain tethered enemy is introduced with much earlier on leading to more RnG. The character this is a problem for is mainly Claire as her set up means she's better equipped against mutants and bosses but has a hard time with Zombies.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 02 February 2019