By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [OFFICIAL] Resident Evil 2 REMAKE Thread

I've seen the term "RNG" like a dozen times in this thread and I have no idea what it means. Little help?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I've seen the term "RNG" like a dozen times in this thread and I have no idea what it means. Little help?

It stands for random number generator there are lots of different generators and they are used for a variety of in game situations, usually to do with how often a certain outcome will occur , a simplistic way of thinking about it is using dice in games to determine what happens.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

d21lewis said:

Randomness basically, elements that are out of the players control whether directly or indirectly.

It seems the 's some update from people who have dived into the game's code the adaptive difficulty seems to work in a peculiar way, all Zombies actually have different health pools manually placed on them so some will take more damage than others regardless but it seems the AD decides if they tank shots think of this as the reverse of critical shots where they take less damage on top of the differing health pool.

Depending on how things go you could kill a Zombie with a higher health pool than others which would take a number of shots then the AD could kick in and the lower health pool Zombie would end up tanking a few more shots than usual.

Wyrdness said:
It seems the 's some update from people who have dived into the game's code the adaptive difficulty seems to work in a peculiar way, all Zombies actually have different health pools manually placed on them so some will take more damage than others regardless but it seems the AD decides if they tank shots think of this as the reverse of critical shots where they take less damage on top of the differing health pool.

Depending on how things go you could kill a Zombie with a higher health pool than others which would take a number of shots then the AD could kick in and the lower health pool Zombie would end up tanking a few more shots than usual.

That honestly just makes things more tedious and RNG based, which isn't my cup of tea for a game like Resi. I fully expect this at all times for MMO based games like WoW, FFXIV, The Division, Destiny, but not a single player game like Resi 2. (In fact, the whole reason why I'll never get into Destiny or TD is primarily because those two use real guns and gun-like weaponry, with enemies all acting like bullet sponges, which just kills all and any immersion for me).

Also, someone's been modding the game on PC already:

Last edited by Chazore - on 03 February 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

An odd discovery but a helpful one shooting Zombies in the feet (actual feet) stuns/staggers them more consistently than anywhere else on their body, it tends to only take 2 shots on average as well which is helpful in Claire's scenario.

Wyrdness said:
An odd discovery but a helpful one shooting Zombies in the feet (actual feet) stuns/staggers them more consistently than anywhere else on their body, it tends to only take 2 shots on average as well which is helpful in Claire's scenario.

I wonder if that as to do with the way using the knife to disable them is more effective than just shooting them.

mjk45 said:
Wyrdness said:

I wonder if that as to do with the way using the knife to disable them is more effective than just shooting them.

Nah the knife is due to some weird coding where its damage is tied to the game's fps so the higher frames you have at the moment the more damage it does and most people have 60fps regardless of where they're playing, I don't know how exactly this works but some people speculate that it maybe that Capcom has the knife doing damage per frame of its attack animation so if someone has 120fps they do double damage with it.

In regards to the hitting the Zombies in the feet I think its because each body part has a damage threshold and the feet likely have to lowest so leads to easier stuns/staggers but that's a guess on my part.

Wyrdness said:
mjk45 said:

Nah the knife is due to some weird coding where its damage is tied to the game's fps so the higher frames you have at the moment the more damage it does and most people have 60fps regardless of where they're playing, I don't know how exactly this works but some people speculate that it maybe that Capcom has the knife doing damage per frame of its attack animation so if someone has 120fps they do double damage with it.

In regards to the hitting the Zombies in the feet I think its because each body part has a damage threshold and the feet likely have to lowest so leads to easier stuns/staggers but that's a guess on my part.

Thanks for that info will try to make use of it going forward.

Hiku said:

Sajam meeting Mr X for the first time is my favorite thing this week:
*gameplay related spoilers in the video*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTWmoYVn3xY

Ahaha, wow. It looked like a comedy, now a horror game now. He has perfectly suitable voice for commenting, super. 

And Leon went through Mr. X textures, didn't he?