Forums - Gaming Discussion - [OFFICIAL] Resident Evil 2 REMAKE Thread

RetroGamer94 said:

You know what’s wild is the Global Stats page comparing RE2 vs RE7

RE7 took 9 days to get 1000 in game hours
RE2 took 0 days to get 1000 in game hours

RE2 is also crushing the in game distance traveled,
RE7 took 20 days to travel 40, 000, 000. KM
RE2 is already at 27, 500, 000 KM

That to me is great news, I hope this means Capcom will continue with this same format for new games, I also hope this inspires a RE3 Remake if it wasn’t already in the works.

Would be shocked if it is not already underway

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Hope everyone is enjoying it, despite all of the backtracking you have to do.

No, game is too scary and nearly gives me a heart attack every 2 minutes.. :/  I have to start over because i think i wasted too many bullets.

Burning Typhoon said:
d21lewis said:

No, game is too scary and nearly gives me a heart attack every 2 minutes.. :/  I have to start over because i think i wasted too many bullets.

Not gonna lie, the moments I've had with Mr X showing up out of fucking nowhere, have sent me into fits of "nopenopenope" moments, as well as the random Cerberus showing up. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Popping in to say game is great and hope it sells well because Capcom's one of the few companies that knows how to make great remakes.

RetroGamer94 said:

You know what’s wild is the Global Stats page comparing RE2 vs RE7

RE7 took 9 days to get 1000 in game hours
RE2 took 0 days to get 1000 in game hours

RE2 is also crushing the in game distance traveled,
RE7 took 20 days to travel 40, 000, 000. KM
RE2 is already at 27, 500, 000 KM

That to me is great news, I hope this means Capcom will continue with this same format for new games, I also hope this inspires a RE3 Remake if it wasn’t already in the works.

Thanks for putting up those stasts, RG94!

I wanted to add, for those looking to improve their chances of survival, be sure to remap your controls to either option-B or option-C.  The 'run' button is remapped to circle or R1; respectively, and greatly increase ease of control.

And remember folks, at least 50% of distance traveled, is of Claire's animation.  ;)  

Around the Network

UK Charts : Resident Evil 2 debuts on top with 18% less than RE7 (2 days for RE2R vs 5 days for RE7), 74% of sales on PS4.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-27-resident-evil-2-debuts-at-no-1-in-uk-charts-again

Evilms said:

UK Charts : Resident Evil 2 debuts on top with 18% less than RE7 (2 days for RE2R vs 5 days for RE7), 74% of sales on PS4.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-27-resident-evil-2-debuts-at-no-1-in-uk-charts-again

""Resident Evil 2 has topped the UK sales charts – over 20 years since it last achieved the same feat. Capcom’s critically acclaimed remake couldn’t outperform the excellent Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, although it did still fare admirably at retail, especially when you consider that the 2017 survival horror launched on a Tuesday compared to the latest release's Friday. As always, this data only tracks physical salesNevertheless, the game performed best on the PlayStation 4 by a country mile at retail, with Sony’s system commanding a dizzying 74 per cent of the sales. It’s going to be fascinating to see how Kingdom Hearts III fares next week, because we’re expecting an even higher split for the Disney-themed role-playing release.""

Really good news!  

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

My only complaint so far... At the title screen, it doesnt say "Resident Evil" when you push start.

Burning Typhoon said:
d21lewis said:

Haha, you wuss.

But yea, i started over. Received damage at the gas station isnt permanent and youll start with full health when leon and claire arrive at raccoon city... i think. A good start to save ammo. And the part you ve played through isnt as scary anymore...

Hunting Season is done...

I was saving every time I did anything in my first playthrough. Reorganize my inventory? Save. Unlock a new door? Save. Develop a picture? Time to save!

I had 51 after the credits rolled. Doing scenario 2 with Chris. This time in assisted mode. I'm just playing for fun now.

d21lewis said:
I was saving every time I did anything in my first playthrough. Reorganize my inventory? Save. Unlock a new door? Save. Develop a picture? Time to save!

I had 51 after the credits rolled. Doing scenario 2 with Chris. This time in assisted mode. I'm just playing for fun now.

Not sure if this is a spoiler or that's supposed to say Leon?

Signature goes here!