By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Disc-less XB1 Releasing In 2019

It doesn't make much sense to me, unless it's half the price or less.



God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Around the Network

Well that's really stupid of them to release it next year, so MS wont get real results out of this.

If anything, MS should release their next gen with two versions, disc and disc-less. Disc-less should have a lower price, and then lets see how much of each console sells more. That will really give MS a better read on how successful disc-less consoles could be.



Interesting way for Microsoft to test the waters. Now that digital has picked up for the past few years, and with them heavily betting for Azure, I can see this iteration being a small success.

Maybe this will be what will tell them whether to go fully digital next gen or focus on both physical and digital.



Mr_No said:
Interesting way for Microsoft to test the waters. Now that digital has picked up for the past few years, and with them heavily betting for Azure, I can see this iteration being a small success.

Maybe this will be what will tell them whether to go fully digital next gen or focus on both physical and digital.

Full digital is out of the question, unless they want to risk another shit storm and fail at the beginning of the gen. 



Errorist76 said:
Mr_No said:
Interesting way for Microsoft to test the waters. Now that digital has picked up for the past few years, and with them heavily betting for Azure, I can see this iteration being a small success.

Maybe this will be what will tell them whether to go fully digital next gen or focus on both physical and digital.

Full digital is out of the question, unless they want to risk another shit storm and fail at the beginning of the gen. 

Everyone will go full digital in the future, it's inevitable. I see game stops closing shops all around my area (used to have 5, but now we only have 1).



Around the Network

Most people in the UK will be horrified at this idea. Digital games at launch are almost twice the price of the disc version. If digital pricing doesn't come down to match, then it will be where millions of gamers switch off.



Ganoncrotch said:
I misread that title so badly.... Good to know this console hasn't had it's package removed though!

Will be strange to see the general reaction to this, I would think mostly negative since if you're interested in saving a few bucks on the console you would be thinking about buying some older disc based titles on the cheap.

I'm pretty sure I read what you read! 😂



Twitter: @d21lewis

thismeintiel said:
I'm going to laugh my ass off if Microsoft shoots themself in the foot again next gen by going all-digital.

They will if they don't get it right this time.



 

Jaxyfoo said:
Most people in the UK will be horrified at this idea. Digital games at launch are almost twice the price of the disc version. If digital pricing doesn't come down to match, then it will be where millions of gamers switch off.

Yet  digital sales are still growinf rapidly in the UK, and physical sales are dwindling year over year.

Proves that most are fine with the pricing.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:

 

Jaxyfoo said:
Most people in the UK will be horrified at this idea. Digital games at launch are almost twice the price of the disc version. If digital pricing doesn't come down to match, then it will be where millions of gamers switch off.

Yet  digital sales are still growinf rapidly in the UK, and physical sales are dwindling year over year.

Proves that most are fine with the pricing.

There are a number who are fine for sure.  I am ok with digital myself, but not at the silly prices.  I have over 400 games in my digital library on PS4 and a large number on all other platforms.  But I bet the vast majority of games bought digitally fuelling those increases come from the bargains in the sales.  That won't be healthy if day ones sales shrink dramatically in the UK due to digital pricing at launch.