By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Disc-less XB1 Releasing In 2019

i wish PS5 will have such model because i only buy digital games since PSVita to PS4

Around the Network

Another flop incoming.whoever gave the idea of diskless console should be fired immediately.why not use that 4k drive for games.why half assed your console.

Not a bad idea. Cheaper console, will cater for the budget gamer. Good fit with gamepass.

Not for me though. I still like discs.

More options are never a bad thing. This should open the doors to many gamers with budgets.
Slap on Game Pass and there set.
Its not for me, ill be buying the premium Scarlet console.

Errorist76 said:
KBG29 said:
Finally!

Hope it is an X level console. If so, I will trade in my current X day one. I haven't bought physical media in almost a decade now.

So you'd willingly give up on of the bigger selling points for what...? What benefit will this console have to you compared to your older one? It will definitely be worth much less when you sell it on top.

I have no need for a disc drive, and I am all in on supporting the option of not having a disc dive on future consoles. If I can replace my X in the livingroom and my S in the bedroom to help improve the odds that XB4 will have a disc free option then I'm all for it.

I will do the same if Sony and Nintendo offer physical media free versions of PS4 and Switch. I don't want disc drives or an extra card reader in my future platforms. Just give me industry standard storage, and let me upgrade as I need. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

If they can get it cheap enough, i'll buy it. $100 dollars off sounds good.

Fighting for progress again. I hope the next gen consoles come at least with a discless option.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Next gen will be digital consoles but I expect ps5 to also have disc games

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

exclusive_console said:
That is a deal braker right there lol. I wonder if next xbox also will be disc less console

As an option, sure. They wouldn’t make it standard though, Papa Phil wouldn’t stand for that.

KBG29 said:
Errorist76 said:

So you'd willingly give up on of the bigger selling points for what...? What benefit will this console have to you compared to your older one? It will definitely be worth much less when you sell it on top.

I have no need for a disc drive, and I am all in on supporting the option of not having a disc dive on future consoles. If I can replace my X in the livingroom and my S in the bedroom to help improve the odds that XB4 will have a disc free option then I'm all for it.

I will do the same if Sony and Nintendo offer physical media free versions of PS4 and Switch. I don't want disc drives or an extra card reader in my future platforms. Just give me industry standard storage, and let me upgrade as I need. 

I think that's shocking...you would willingly pay extra money for future consoles to have less options, even if it wouldn't benefit you one bit...? I don't know what to say to that, honestly. Especially since it would mean quite a problem for many people on this planet. 

I understand everyone who say he needs another console and all his games are digital anyway. But to say you would love to replace your existing consoles just to make a statement, that sounds downright idiotic, I'm sorry. You know I usually respect you and your opinion, but that doesn't make sense to me one bit.