By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76: A Flop?

GhostlyTheGhost said:
flashfire926 said:
Man I wish Bethesda didn't go this direction.

Why didnt they just stick to the tried and true formula. I loved Fallout 4, and was looking forward to their next game, but not anymore.

I wouldn't exactly call  Fallout 4 the tried and true formula as they watered down the RPG mechanics of the series even more  and you  could say it was the start of Bethesda taking the series in the direction which led  Fallout 76   with all the base building mechanics which appears to be a big thing in 76.

Nah.Save for the dialogue options, nah, It wasnt watered down, it was just streamlined to make it more understandable. Fallout 3 forced you to pick an unchangeable class at the start of the game which was stupid. The second this being the perk system. People's obsession with numbers for some reason made them hate the change.

It was an improvement over it's predecessor, Fallout 3.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

im not the biggest fallout fan, but nothing i have seen watching people play it grabs me and makes me want to.

that being said, way to much better and more finished games are out that has my attention. they would have been much better off pushing it back to spring next year and polish it up more and work out the horrible bugs i have read about. i believe that it might be something looking at a year or so from now with more content, patches, and better price by then.

so they put an embargo on the game ? hate when they release games like that. I would love themto go the cell shaded route, like borderlands. Would look much better than this outdated mess. 

Last edited by KratosLives - on 16 November 2018

flashfire926 said:
GhostlyTheGhost said:

I wouldn't exactly call  Fallout 4 the tried and true formula as they watered down the RPG mechanics of the series even more  and you  could say it was the start of Bethesda taking the series in the direction which led  Fallout 76   with all the base building mechanics which appears to be a big thing in 76.

Nah.Save for the dialogue options, nah, It wasnt watered down, it was just streamlined to make it more understandable. Fallout 3 forced you to pick an unchangeable class at the start of the game which was stupid. The second this being the perk system. People's obsession with numbers for some reason made them hate the change.

While I'll always like Fallout 3 since it introduced me to  the series the original games  Fallouts 1 and 2 are far superior RPGS  with stronger stories and mechanics  and ever  since Bethesda acquired the series they have been watering down the RPG elements of the series  from game to game.

I mean you mentioned classes for Fallout 3 they didn't have much impact  on the game since when ever you leveled up you could put more points into you SPECIAL stats and including bobbleheads could level them all the way up  and you could choose whatever perk you liked so whatever build you had at the beginning of the game  was meaningless and you end up having an overpowered character.

Fallout 4 was again more watered down  with its RPG mechanics the perks were even more  dull then before and it became even closer to a shooter then RPG 

I mean for me part of the fun with RPGS is creating characters with strengths and weaknesses  and Bethesda doesn't do  that well the perks in their games and they came across as more vanilla then the previous titles.

Last edited by GhostlyTheGhost - on 16 November 2018

GhostlyTheGhost said:
flashfire926 said:

While I'll always like Fallout 3 since it introduced me to  the series the original games  Fallouts 1 and 2 are far superior RPGS  with stronger stories and mechanics  and ever  since Bethesda acquired the series they have been watering down the RPG elements of the series  from game to game.

I mean you mentioned classes for Fallout 3 they didn't have much impact  on the game since when ever you leveled up you could put more points into you SPECIAL stats and including bobbleheads could level them all the way up  and you could choose whatever perk you liked so whatever build you had at the beginning of the game  was meaningless and you end up having an overpowered character.

Fallout 4 was again more watered down  with its RPG mechanics the perks were even more  dull then before and it became even closer to a shooter then RPG 

I mean for me part of the fun with RPGS is creating characters with strengths and weaknesses  and Bethesda doesn't do  that well the perks in their games and they came across as more vanilla then the previous titles.

Totally fair points, I guess. I can't handle ridiculously complex rpg's like fallout 1 and 2, but I understand they are great games for what they do.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Well the game clearly isn't a 1/10. Just proving again that user scores are useless.

Would maybe be better if people can just give 1 negative or 1 positive point.

John2290 said:

I still reckon a good chunk if not the majority of those positive reviews are Bethesda staff or the same person. The talking points are mostly the same, same wording, same structure, same jnsults to the down voters and mostly one review accounts. Have a look through them the next time you're on the shitter and you'll see the same. Juat like the fake, all staff audience at E3.

You get comments like those on dev youtube vids, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the same happening on Meta. Just create a fake profile and talk overly positive, even in the face of factual evidence that your game is a steaming pile of objectively bad bugs and performance issues. 

I just watched this today at work during my break, I couldn't have laughed more hard:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well... is it a flop now?

Hunting Season is done...

Nov 16, 2018
**** eat and drink mode. In one our ingame, i eat and drink thinks for one month in realy time. 
I only spend time with eating and drinking 
The other time i spend with looting eat and drink
ZODIARKrebirth said:
yvanjean said:

This thread is an embarrassment, you use user score at face value. Just a bunch of moron giving the game a 1/10. You are just fueling the stupidity of userscore.

it's only a opinion of some people that played the game, why calling it stupid only because they are not positive...

I have no problem with honest opinion and reviews.... but when you give a 0/10 or 10/10 your just trying to break the system. 

noxietik   Nov 15, 2018

0/10 big fat 0 for not being on steam, cant avoid bad reviews Bethesda and lie about your player count on this bethesda

Nov 16, 2018

**** eat and drink mode. In one our ingame, i eat and drink thinks for one month in realy time. 
I only spend time with eating and drinking 
The other time i spend with looting eat and drink

Nov 15, 2018
Online only? With big problems, like bugs, bad frame-rate, etc? That´s zero for me!

0/10 luxar
Nov 15, 2018
El peor juego de la saga Fallout, básicamente es un Fallout con unos gráficos que para la época dan hasta vergüenza. Y lo que puedes hacer en el se basa en el ir a un lado, matar bichos y hacer equipamiento. No lo recomiendo ni gratis