By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76: A Flop?

One thing I do not understand is the idea I see with a lot of people that if a game isn't made just for them, they want it to flop. I really, really hate that mentality.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

doesn't sound that good for fallout...

This thread is an embarrassment, you use user score at face value. Just a bunch of moron giving the game a 1/10. You are just fueling the stupidity of userscore.

I’ve just checked the low reviews and tbh lots of them absolutely sound, as if people had really bought the game and just are very disappointed. Tbh the glorifying ones are the ones, that sound more fabricated. 

I haven’t played it, but I’ve tried to watch several streams and it just looks boring, lifeless and really ugly at times. Many of the streamers actually had their reservations as well, just as the reviewers’ early opinions so far.

Of course 1s are exaggerated but 10s as well. The game will probably end up somewhere in the 70ies, which is a clear disappointment for the franchise.

The fact that makes everyone mad is simply what was clear from the start...it smells like a low effort cash grab with reused assets, that tries to ride on the current GaaS wave.

RaptorChrist said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
lol it’s been out a day.

Don’t take online impressions or reviews as anything substantial. If they mattered then CoD would have died years ago.

It probably won’t sell what Fallout 4 did but it also surely doesn’t need to in order to be successful.

Are you more concerned about the game selling well than actually being a good game?

Flop is generally used to describe sales/revenue. If you’re talking the quality of the game, that’s entirely subjective.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
yvanjean said:

This thread is an embarrassment, you use user score at face value. Just a bunch of moron giving the game a 1/10. You are just fueling the stupidity of userscore.

it's only a opinion of some people that played the game, why calling it stupid only because they are not positive...

Where's the proof they played it? I read some of the reviews and it's obvious most haven't. They are a useless metric to judge a game. 

Btw I've never played a fallout and probably never will so no bias here. 

ZODIARKrebirth said:
yvanjean said:

it's only a opinion of some people that played the game, why calling it stupid only because they are not positive...

You're assuming that they actually played it as some one else mentioned  people can go on to metacritic and give a review without having brought the game. In order to have played it you would of had to pre order it for the beta or purchased it which I doubt a lot of people did.  I mean looking at the user reviews I saw some one give the game  1  simply because it was 30 fps and that's about it and some who are simply upset about Fallout 76 being multiplayer only so there are some that are basically troll reviews.

Around the Network
GhostlyTheGhost said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

You're assuming that they actually played it as some one else mentioned  people can go on to metacritic and give a review without having brought the game. In order to have played it you would of had to pre order it for the beta or purchased it which I doubt a lot of people did.  I mean looking at the user reviews I saw some one give the game  1  simply because it was 30 fps and that's about it and some who are simply upset about Fallout 76 being multiplayer only so there are some that are basically troll reviews.

read about many opinions on the www, don't wanna say they are maybe to negative, and the game isn't that bad, but seeing many negative opinions, could be a sign that official reviews want be that great either, maybe..

ZODIARKrebirth said:
GhostlyTheGhost said:

read about many opinions on the www, don't wanna say they are maybe to negative, and the game isn't that bad, but seeing many negative opinions, could be a sign that official reviews want be that great either, maybe..

Maybe the official reviews  will be negative but I think a lot of people in the user review section have a chip on their shoulder about the game being multiplayer only. Honestly I think some of the fans forget that Interplay the original creators of the series had their own online game in the works. I think Bethesda were in part hoping fans would remember that and give them a chance to make  their own online game.

It's not looking good for Fallout 76 I'm afraid....

Kerotan said:
Well the game clearly isn't a 1/10. Just proving again that user scores are useless.

Metacritic user reviews might as well be converted to a thumbs up/down system. The only thing the majority of users are interested in, is voicing that they're either very angry or pleased with something.

Angelus said:
Kerotan said:
Well the game clearly isn't a 1/10. Just proving again that user scores are useless.

Metacritic user reviews might as well be converted to a thumbs up/down system. The only thing the majority of users are interested in, is voicing that they're either very angry or pleased with something.

Agreed. That would work far better.