By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76: A Flop?

John2290 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I work at retail and the pre-orders were way under expectation. Like was anticipating 100 orders and only got about 40. Pick up percentage is ratyer low, but it is just the first day.

So we can expect a drop in price within a month and lucky for Bethesda they won't get backlash because they can just say, duh, It's black friday. Poor early adopters will be paying so much more for the right to play a buggy bland game. I played it this evening, didn't buy it thank god. It's terrible and I suspect much of the user reviews are actual day one adopters.

I just dont think the buz was there for the game, it had some at E3, but I think its fallen quite a bit since then and I think its partly because it just looks like FO4 reskin... they need to bin that stupid engine and look at getting some new designers on board.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

I expected average scores. Those user reviews seem a bit excessive, but it's metacritic. user reviews can be posted even if the person never played it.

Where are the Critic Reviews?

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 14 November 2018

Kerotan said:
Well the game clearly isn't a 1/10. Just proving again that user scores are useless.

But the questions is: Fallout 76: a flop?

Not: Are these user reviews reliable?

What ive seen so far, comments and (beta) reviews regarding the game, doesnt exactly scream "success". In the contrary.

Hunting Season is done...

Kerotan said:
Well the game clearly isn't a 1/10. Just proving again that user scores are useless.

Metacritic's user scores are close to useless, but not completely. When a game gets a score this low, there's must be something off (Star Wars Battlefront 2 got a 1/10 too). This game is probably not going to get a great score from critics, either.

I've found the game fun enough. The lore is there, like oodles of it. Seems like more than Fallout 3/4.

The gameplay is up to par, seems even more refined than previous iterations. The weapon modding mechanic from Fallout 4 is there in full glory.

The are NPCs, just not human NPCs since they are all dead now.

You absolutely can play this game solo, which is what I am doing and i'm having the same fun I had crawling through buildings and landscape killing nearly everything I see in Fallout 3 and 4.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

Bethesda has been obssessed trying to come up with a successful MMO to succeed like WoW. No amount of Todd Howard will do that I guess.

Madword said:
John2290 said:

So we can expect a drop in price within a month and lucky for Bethesda they won't get backlash because they can just say, duh, It's black friday. Poor early adopters will be paying so much more for the right to play a buggy bland game. I played it this evening, didn't buy it thank god. It's terrible and I suspect much of the user reviews are actual day one adopters.

I just dont think the buz was there for the game, it had some at E3, but I think its fallen quite a bit since then and I think its partly because it just looks like FO4 reskin... they need to bin that stupid engine and look at getting some new designers on board.

Guess you’ll be happy to hear Bethesda is going to use the same engine for ES6 and Starfield. Pure madness. 

Zoombael said:
Kerotan said:

But the questions is: Fallout 76: a flop?

Not: Are these user reviews reliable?

What ive seen so far, comments and (beta) reviews regarding the game, doesnt exactly scream "success". In the contrary.

Will it sell enough to be profitable? Probably. I imagine most assets and the engine are reused from fallout 4. It's an online game so even if it's launch is underwhelming it good have long legs and gain traction if WOM is good. Paid expenses and microtrabsactions could be very profitable long term. 

Rainbow 6 had a very modest and lukewarm opening but did insane long term. Now over 40 million players. 

Madword said:
John2290 said:

But that's pretty much the point.  This was never intended to be a Fallout 5.  It is purely to answer the question of what would happen if you made a Fallout 4 multiplayer.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Errorist76 said:
Madword said:

Guess you’ll be happy to hear Bethesda is going to use the same engine for ES6 and Starfield. Pure madness. 

Yeah I'm overjoyed :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!