By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76: A Flop?

It must have a decent enough uptake amongst Bethesda fans. Over 200 people across my 5 Elder Scrolls Online guilds are playing it. Also the server drop off at the moment is extremely noticeable. However if that is the majority of Fallouts player base, they are going to ultimately lose money, because ESO must be a much bigger cash cow overall.

Also it looks like the servers for both games are tied, because there have been huge server issues since Fallouts launch. That must be annoying both fanbases.

Around the Network

lol it’s been out a day.

Don’t take online impressions or reviews as anything substantial. If they mattered then CoD would have died years ago.

It probably won’t sell what Fallout 4 did but it also surely doesn’t need to in order to be successful.

Kerotan said:
Well the game clearly isn't a 1/10. Just proving again that user scores are useless.

Is there another game whose poor user review scores you are trying to discredit? :P

Edit: Why am I so mean :(

LudicrousSpeed said:
lol it’s been out a day.

Don’t take online impressions or reviews as anything substantial. If they mattered then CoD would have died years ago.

It probably won’t sell what Fallout 4 did but it also surely doesn’t need to in order to be successful.

Are you more concerned about the game selling well than actually being a good game?

shikamaru317 said:
John2290 said:
The ps4 ratings for people who bought the game says more to me. It was at 3 stars on 50 something reviews until it was reset on the standard edition earlier today and has climed back up to 3.5 stars on 124 reviews which will probably be reset again and anything below 4 on these big games gets reset or closed off from public viewing or fucked with in some manner until it is above 4 stars and remains so. The other editions ratings were reset and are now unavailable before I could check if release has any impact and there was a preorder edition also that had 5 stars on 1k ratings before release, a good chunk of which were before the BETA. Seems that a good chunk of the actual players may actually be the ones bombing the game. Seems like a lot of casuals bought this game and are pissed. Watching the stars drop the last two hours as the ratings go up again is telling.

What do you mean? For me the game has 4.5 stars with 865 ratings right now on the PlayStation Store. It hasn't been reset once for me.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-CUSA12057_00-PRJMTN0000000000

And only people who bought the game can rate it here that's a 90% rating so it looks like people who are getting it digitally on psn are happy anyway. Meta user reviews are wank. Like I could literally go and give it a user review right now and i haven't even bought it. Pointless. 

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:

doesn't sound that good for fallout...

This thread is an embarrassment, you use user score at face value. Just a bunch of moron giving the game a 1/10. You are just fueling the stupidity of userscore.

yvanjean said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

doesn't sound that good for fallout...

This thread is an embarrassment, you use user score at face value. Just a bunch of moron giving the game a 1/10. You are just fueling the stupidity of userscore.

it's only a opinion of some people that played the game, why calling it stupid only because they are not positive...

User scores are useless, but I do think this will be a proper flop for them. And I hope so, they've made a game that no one asked for at all and it looks and sounds poorly executed at that. Bethesda and Bioware deserve all the shit coming their way for having abandoned their fanbase, if only momentarily.

Kerotan said:
Zoombael said:

But the questions is: Fallout 76: a flop?

Not: Are these user reviews reliable?

What ive seen so far, comments and (beta) reviews regarding the game, doesnt exactly scream "success". In the contrary.

Will it sell enough to be profitable? Probably. I imagine most assets and the engine are reused from fallout 4. It's an online game so even if it's launch is underwhelming it good have long legs and gain traction if WOM is good. Paid expenses and microtrabsactions could be very profitable long term. 

Rainbow 6 had a very modest and lukewarm opening but did insane long term. Now over 40 million players. 

But R6 was perceived as a good team shooter from the very start. From press and players alike.

After the Fallout 76 beta there is nothing but negativity surrounding the game. Not a good multiplayer or fallout game. And Bethesda isnt giving much perspective to change that, nothing long or short term. All they say is akin to "cHere kem, playe mek ohn stohri, noh NPSi".

You wander around in the desolate world of fallout, with friend or no friends, you read some letters, kill some things and that is it? Why would people invest in this time and money longterm?

Hunting Season is done...

The score is currently at 2.9 by 1273 user ratings. Some people are really mad.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3