By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I halt my boycott of Acti-Ubi-EA-nami?

Should I halt my Boycott?

Yes. 9 23.08%

No. 24 61.54%

Other/comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 6 15.38%

Total:39
Bristow9091 said:
Kerotan said:
Yes. I've never fully boycotted any company but you can still chose a partial boycott. For example i will never pay full price $60 for Activision game again. Instead I'll wait to get them on sale. Doesn't take long for them to hit $40 or half price. I'd suggest doing that. Get the games you want from them dirt cheap in a black Friday sale.

I didn't realise this was a thing, in that case I'm partially boycotting every publisher and developer out there since I very rarely buy games full price, there are very few exceptions where I'll pay full price for a game, lol... my backlog keeps me occupied for so long that I can even wait for a game to drop from £40-50 to £10-15, it's why I'm only just playing games from 2016-2017 now lol, with the odd exceptions of course (Those being God of War and Spider-Man, the only 2018 games I've played so far)

Or he could just get it from the 2nd hand market ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Bristow9091 said:

I didn't realise this was a thing, in that case I'm partially boycotting every publisher and developer out there since I very rarely buy games full price, there are very few exceptions where I'll pay full price for a game, lol... my backlog keeps me occupied for so long that I can even wait for a game to drop from £40-50 to £10-15, it's why I'm only just playing games from 2016-2017 now lol, with the odd exceptions of course (Those being God of War and Spider-Man, the only 2018 games I've played so far)

Or he could just get it from the 2nd hand market ...

I was referring to the "partial boycott", not where he buys them from lol. What I was saying about myself is that if buying a game for less than full price is considered "partially boycotting" then I must do it all the time without knowing, since it's very rare I buy games full price. As for the second hand market, sure he can do that too, but that's not an option I personally ever go with, I like the new game smell :P 

buy used on ebay if you really want one of their titles while not feeling guilty you handed them money directly supporting messed up business practices.

chakkra said:

What is so bad about Ubisoft again?

why don't you ask our friend over here in unfinished Ubisoft game number 12

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Just buy 2nd hand copies if you don't want to support them.

Around the Network

Consciously deciding to boycott everything from a publisher makes no sense to me. It's like if a parent slapped the hand of a child when they did something bad AND when they did something good. If a game deserves to be bought then I might buy it. If it doesn't, then I won't. It's as simple as that. I deal with DLC the exact same way.

I’d say Ubisoft is fine. You can stop it with them. Activision is shady lately, but I would still buy something if I’m interested. Konami I don’t know I never buy anything from them regardless, since I’m hardly ever interested enough in what they make.

EA remains evil though, I’d keep it up with them. In fact personally I haven’t even touched anything with an EA logo on it since 2003 (either SimCity 4’s expansion pack or Return of the King).

you’ll give up eventually so why not...

Just saying, the poll is giving you the middle finger.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Boycotts are stupid, so yes you should.