By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I halt my boycott of Acti-Ubi-EA-nami?

Should I halt my Boycott?

Yes. 9 23.08%

No. 24 61.54%

Other/comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 6 15.38%

Total:39

You can have nearly the same effect without hurting yourself by simply buying used games at least several months after launch. The pub gets no money directly, and since you've waited a while after launch to purchase it, you're not doing much to prop up the price of the game, or pushing someone else into the new market rather than used.

Around the Network

not sure why you would boycott them in the first place... you certainly aren’t hurting them any... only person getting hurt by you boycotting them is you... so yes, I would recommend you stop hurting yourself for no real reason...

There's really no need for a blanket boycott. Nor is it something that's going to be very productive. The best thing you can do is to simply judge the games these companies release on an individual basis, and decide whether they're worth your money.

Out of those that you boycott, I just say boycott specific games that have things you don’t agree with. Activision has done really well with Crash and Spyro remakes and I think those titles don’t deserve a boycott.

Ubisoft is a company that I believe is trying really hard to reinvent some of their franchises, with Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey. They listened to fan feedback a ton when making Watch_Dogs 2 And Starlink is another new great game, along with the beloved Mario + Rabbids.

EA has yet to really show they are willing to change some questionable practices.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

What is so bad about Ubisoft again?

Around the Network

buy used on ebay if you really want one of their titles while not feeling guilty you handed them money directly supporting messed up business practices.

chakkra said:

What is so bad about Ubisoft again?

why don't you ask our friend over here in unfinished Ubisoft game number 12

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Just buy 2nd hand copies if you don't want to support them.

Consciously deciding to boycott everything from a publisher makes no sense to me. It's like if a parent slapped the hand of a child when they did something bad AND when they did something good. If a game deserves to be bought then I might buy it. If it doesn't, then I won't. It's as simple as that. I deal with DLC the exact same way.

I’d say Ubisoft is fine. You can stop it with them. Activision is shady lately, but I would still buy something if I’m interested. Konami I don’t know I never buy anything from them regardless, since I’m hardly ever interested enough in what they make.

EA remains evil though, I’d keep it up with them. In fact personally I haven’t even touched anything with an EA logo on it since 2003 (either SimCity 4’s expansion pack or Return of the King).