By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 9th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Additional hints for #38-#36, #35 entered.

Previous Games

#39: Hints: A Holy Game, Set in a Port, Known for over the top wackiness and immaturity, The ending is presidential.
Saints Row IV, Guessed By: Mnementh

#38: Hints: Get assaulted by tree branches and rocks, Endurance is needed to survive this storm, Why isn't she called the Storm Queen? When did Nathan Drake become so hot?
Tomb Raider (2013), Guessed By: S. Peelman

#37: Hints: Remember kids, drugs make you see aliens.  Fame or Shame? Listen to the Radio.
GTA V, Guessed By: Mnementh

#35: Hints: Oh, it broke again.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Guessed by: S. Peelman

Currently Unguessed

- Now that's a tree.
- Venturing into a new dimension.

Last edited by Barkley - on 23 November 2018

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Previous Games

#39: A Holy Game, Set in a Port, Known for over the top wackiness and immaturity, The ending is presidential.

Currently Unguessed

- Get assaulted by tree branches and rocks.
- Endurance is needed to survive this storm.
- Why isn't she called the Storm Queen?
- When did Nathan Drake become so hot?

- Remember kids, drugs make you see aliens.
- Fame or Shame?
- Listen to the Radio.

- Now that's a tree.

- Oh, it broke again.

38: Tomb Raider 2013?

35: Breath of the Wild?

Barkley said:

Previous Games

#39: A Holy Game, Set in a Port, Known for over the top wackiness and immaturity, The ending is presidential.

Currently Unguessed

- Fame or Shame?
- Listen to the Radio.

- Now that's a tree.

- Oh, it broke again.

#38: Uncharted IV?

#37: GTA V?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

S.Peelman said:
Barkley said:

Pokemon Blue?

I've never used a Super Gameboy but I'm assuming that's the add-on.

See? Pokemon Blue is right, and so is the Super GameBoy.

So... you're saying there was an add-on to the Gameboy, which added colors? Never before I heard of something like that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

S.Peelman said:
Barkley said:

Previous Games

Currently Unguessed

- Fame or Shame?
- Listen to the Radio.

- Now that's a tree.

- Oh, it broke again.

38: Tomb Raider 2013?

35: Breath of the Wild?

Correct on both! Should have started with a different hint for BOTW xD

Mnementh said:

#38: Uncharted IV?

#37: GTA V?

GTA V is correct!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

See? Pokemon Blue is right, and so is the Super GameBoy.

So... you're saying there was an add-on to the Gameboy, which added colors? Never before I heard of something like that.

No, I meant there was an add-on (Super GameBoy) for a home-console (Super Nintendo) through which you could play your game more or less in color. I ommited the word ‘home’ though. If you put in Pokemon Blue in your Super GameBoy for example, most things get a blueish hue, while with Pokemon Red most things would look a bit reddish.

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

No, I meant there was an add-on (Super GameBoy) for a home-console (Super Nintendo) through which you could play your game more or less in color. I ommited the word ‘home’ though. If you put in Pokemon Blue in your Super GameBoy for example, most things get a blueish hue, while with Pokemon Red most things would look a bit reddish.

OK, never heard of that before. But yes, Wikipedia says the same as you...

You never stop to learn.

mZuzek said:
mZuzek said:

#39 - The only game after this franchise's debut to feature a range upgrade for the main character... because it is a remake of this franchise's debut.

Huh, I thought this one would be guessed quick. Thought the remake part gave it away.

S.Peelman said:

Then again if you played the games on a Game Boy Color, which most kids back then did (at least the ones I knew), it already did that anyway.

Yes it did.

And Castlevania 4? Not sure if the whip upgrades in other titles.

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

And Castlevania 4? Not sure if the whip upgrades in other titles.

Edit: also I said Castlevania 1 was my favorite traditional Castlevania, come on!

Ughh. You’re right. I’m having such a bad day today. Everything I do is wrong and I keep forgetting everything... I need the weekend.

Time to get some more hints out for the next few games

#37: The best game (in my opinion) in a series that also serves as half of the inspiration for the genre it effectively innovated.

#36: The train level.

#35: The best non-Final Fantasy RPG on the SNES.

Batman: Arkham City
(Change YoY: -3)

Batman: Arkham City is everything that Arkham Asulym was, but better. Everything that was great about the first game is still great here, and the rest is generally an improvement. The world has more variety and just in general more stuff to do, while still not feeling too large or unfocused. Arkham City is my second favourite open world game from the previous console generation, and still remains very close to the top from the genre. For some reason I just haven't really had any interest in either of the two later games in the series. Maybe someday.