By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Director "Tabata" has left Square Enix

Hynad said:

deskpro2k3 said:

false.

Nomura had to help other projects multiple times. SE made him postpone his project to help with FFXIII/FFXIII-2/Lightning Returns FFXIII, and to help save FFXIV.

Also let me remind you, FFXIV is a smashing success, and is also SE most profitable game, AND XIV's revenue pays for a lot for XV. So thanks Nomura. Wouldn't even have an FFXV without FFXIV and its devoted community.

Nomura had nothing to do with XIV. He wasn’t brought in to save it. That was, and still is, Naoki Yoshida.

FYI. His entire team was rerouted to help with the relaunch of FFXIV. Thus delaying his Vesus XIII project.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 08 November 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:

Nomura had nothing to do with XIV. He wasn’t brought in to save it. That was, and still is, Naoki Yoshida.

FYI. His entire team was rerouted to help with the relaunch. Thus delaying his project.

I know that all too well. But you specifically mentioned Nonura. As if you need to credit him for everything.

So FYI, Nomura and the people working under him are not the same thing.

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

FYI. His entire team was rerouted to help with the relaunch. Thus delaying his project.

I know that all too well. But you specifically mentioned Nonura. As if you need to credit him for everything.

Well it was his team, so I think it's still safe

deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:

Well, I will send your own word back at you:

deskpro2k3 said:

“[...] you need to grab a chair and sit down. Don't try to divert from the hard facts.”

Hard fact: Tetsuya Nomura did not help save Final Fantasy XIV.

The problem that now stands is where does this lead to for FF as a franchise? The series is meant to be the franchise that highlights SE's qualities but has instead for the past decade turned into a manifesto of their bizarre management and handling of projects. XV has essentially just been dropped like a contestant on America's Got Talent so I can only picture plans for XVI are being drawn up and a more efficient development process that doesn't include creating 3 different ground up engines with two of them never being used while the third becomes exclusive to one game is being discussed.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

deskpro2k3 said:

“[...] you need to grab a chair and sit down. Don't try to divert from the hard facts.”

If you want to do Hard Facts like me, then you have to do it right.

Scroll down.

source: https://www.giantbomb.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/3030-26847/credits/

Special Thanks: Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, Tetsuya Nomura

I honestly don't know why this is a thing. I play the game and I see his name in the credits of FFXIV. You guys need to cut the guy some slack. This is a Tabata thread FFS..

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 08 November 2018

deskpro2k3 said:
Hynad said:

Scroll down.

source: https://www.giantbomb.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/3030-26847/credits/

I honestly don't know why this is a thing. I play the game and I see his name in the credits of FFXIV. You guys need to cut the guy some slack. This is a Tabata thread FFS..

LOL!!

You mean... Sakaguchi worked to save the game as well?? 

You have such an ego. You were wrong. Admit it and move on already.

Hynad said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Scroll down.

LOL!!

You mean... Sakaguchi worked to save the game as well?? 

You have such an ego. You were wrong. Admit it and move on already.

I admit, I'm right. The irrefutable biblical hard facts is in the game's credits.

Isnt this the guy that was crazy about Lightning? If so, good riddance.

shikamaru317 said:
Darc Requiem said:

He's the guy that actually produced a game. Nomura spent 7 years on the and had nothing to show for it but trailers. It's crazy to me that the guy that was brought in to clean up his mess and produced a game in 3 years is gone. Good luck FFVII fans good old Nomura is in charge of the FFVII Remake. You all are about to get Duke Nukem Forever'd

You can't really blame Nomura for that. For starters, the delays back when it was on PS3 were because they were waiting on technology to evolve enough to make the game possible. Secondly, Square works Nomura like a slave, they have him directing multiple games at a time usually, while also doing character designs for numerous other games. In total, he is credited for working on 25+ games during the years while Versus 13/XV was being directed by him (including 7 other directorial credits), It's a small miracle that Nomura hasn't totally buckled under the pressure that Square's execs place on his shoulders. Tabata may have managed to finish the game, but he also totally botched it in the process, destroying many things that Nomura had planned and releasing the game in an unfinished state. I'd rather have a game that takes a long time and is done right, like RDR2, than a rush job like Tabata's FFXV personally.

Botched what? Versus XIII never entered anyone outside of SEs hands. Its vapour ware, we have no idea what the game would have been like. This is all we have and its certainly not proof of anything 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8  

Y'all are bickering as if SE hasn't been in a state for much of the last 10 years of FF, clearly the problem is bigger than any one director/producer.