By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV Director "Tabata" has left Square Enix

vivster said:
Good. Can we also fire whoever greenlit the idea of a boy only road trip?

You'd have to torpedo the company. 

I for one want to torpedo whoever greenlit the idea of a team of an all girl team using really dumb weapons to fight a ambiguous clone of Maleficent and the one who greenlit the idea of plot armored exoskeletons only teen girls with self-esteem issues could use. 

Your bias is showing. 

Around the Network

I for one would be fine if he took on a lesser role in development, but I won't complain that he left lol.

I hope Nomura don't over work himself, he and Yoshida is SE last hope.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
AsGryffynn said:
vivster said:
Good. Can we also fire whoever greenlit the idea of a boy only road trip?

You'd have to torpedo the company. 

I for one want to torpedo whoever greenlit the idea of a team of an all girl team using really dumb weapons to fight a ambiguous clone of Maleficent and the one who greenlit the idea of plot armored exoskeletons only teen girls with self-esteem issues could use. 

Your bias is showing. 

Well, yeah. Males don't belong in video games, especially with no females around. It's the right thing to do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Isn't he the guy who basically made all the Versus XIII trailers and even the FFXV annoucement trailer a lie?

He's the guy that actually produced a game. Nomura spent 7 years on the and had nothing to show for it but trailers. It's crazy to me that the guy that was brought in to clean up his mess and produced a game in 3 years is gone. Good luck FFVII fans good old Nomura is in charge of the FFVII Remake. You all are about to get Duke Nukem Forever'd

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

He's the guy that actually produced a game. Nomura spent 7 years on the and had nothing to show for it but trailers. It's crazy to me that the guy that was brought in to clean up his mess and produced a game in 3 years is gone. Good luck FFVII fans good old Nomura is in charge of the FFVII Remake. You all are about to get Duke Nukem Forever'd

false.

Nomura had to help other projects multiple times. SE made him postpone his project to help with FFXIII/FFXIII-2/Lightning Returns FFXIII, and to help save FFXIV.

Also let me remind you, FFXIV is a smashing success, and is also SE most profitable game, AND XIV's revenue pays for a lot for XV. So thanks Nomura. Wouldn't even have an FFXV without FFXIV and its devoted community.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 08 November 2018

It's understandable why he would want to leave SE. Even though he's been director on quite a few games, all of them were under Nomura's supervision (Before Crisis, Crisis core, Type 0, Agito and Kh: Coded were initially Nomura's proposals, which he then supervised), followed by his most ambitious game, that got huge backlash which was once again started by Nomura.
The only way he can make a game of his own is to leave SE.

All I have to say about Tabata's resignation is, "Bye Felicia"

deskpro2k3 said:
Darc Requiem said:

false.

Nomura had to help other projects multiple times. SE made him postpone his project to help with FFXIII/FFXIII-2/Lightning Returns FFXIII, and to help save FFXIV.

Also let me remind you, FFXIV is a smashing success, and is also SE most profitable game, AND XIV's revenue pays for a lot for XV. So thanks Nomura. Wouldn't even have an FFXV without FFXIV and its devoted community.

Amazing how you use this revisionist history to excuse Nomura/Squenix's incompetence and unreliability.

Fact is that they wouldn't have needed another game to help fund FFXV's ridiculously bloated budget, if they hadn't flushed so much of it going around in circles (on Nomura's lead) in the first place. And they wouldn't have needed Nomura's help with rebooting FFXIV if they hadn't made a complete disaster of that the first time around. How can you even ignore these simple realities?

I liked his work in Crisis Core but from what FFv13 was from Nomura to what became of FFXV it seems Tabitha really fumbled with the game. I think Nomura's vision of FFv13/FFXV would've been way better and better executed at launch if Square just kept him on and let him focus on it.

I was really looking forward to other DLC too!! I hope Nomura can just quickly finish them off after he finishes KH3 before going back full force in FF7 Remake.