More info about online! 3 5.77%

More info about game mechanics! 0 0%

New music! 0 0%

ew smash 3 5.77%

Other 1 1.92%

Total:52
NightlyPoe said:
RingoGaSuki said: 
Piranha Plant looks really good though, I'm happy he's in, just such a WTF character choice; actually made me really smile, opens the door for Shy Guy and stuff in the future too.

The Piranha Plant himself looks okay, I can't say I'm all that keen on generic baddies making their way into the game though.  Even the Mario Sports titles give us Petey Piranha who has a bit of character.  There's a massive list of characters I'd prefer to see before we get to generalized minions.

I see people keep saying this the Piranha Plant adds a style with range and trickiness kind of like Dhalsim in SF something we don't have in Smash it's not strictly about the character or who people prefer but the approach they can add, no one would have asked for Villager but he's become one of the most fun and entertaining characters in high level play.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
MasonADC said:

Isn't the fighter pass a good six dollars less than buying all individual dlc?

I mean, if you were to wait accordingly, maybe you'll find only 2 characters out of 5 that you truly want, thus paying less than the pass for what you truly want.

Problem is if you're competitive you'd likely want to try out the characters yourself to see if you like their meta of play it's not strictly about who the character is, later on down the line you may find you like playing as the characters.

Some notable changes Falco's DAIR has been fixed and is now the Melee variant while Wolf's Fsamsh has had its range reduced but his Ftilt has good range and knock down.

psychicscubadiver said:
Jumpin said:

I'd agree with you if they had a robust Subspace Emissary-like story mode, but Sakurai confirmed there was nothing like it.

There's a lot of fighters and content, but... meh, Smash Bros 4 had lots of stuff too, but I felt like I had played everything it had to offer within about an hour or two.

But the world map for World of Light is huge and there looks to be a massive numbers of challenges and spirits to collect. The only thing it's missing from the subspace emissary is the walking levels and the cut-scenes, the first of which I could personally do without.

How come you get to this conclusion? From the trailer is pretty obvious that will be a story filled with cutscenes.

We reap what we sow

Mar1217 said:
160rmf said:

How come you get to this conclusion? From the trailer is pretty obvious that will be a story filled with cutscenes.

Huh, I'm pretty sure this was just an intro cut-scenes and that's it. Even Sakurai said to let our imagination fill the rest. I honestly don't expect much than the intro and an ending cutscene.

This.

Especially with Sakurai saying that the mode will be more about 'fun than story'. I think we will get the big intro and ending cut-scenes, and some minor ones sprinkled throughout, like the scene from the Direct where the Inkling girl walks into the lair of the armored rhino dude, but not to the level that we saw in subspace emissary where a story moment happens between every fight.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

After a bit more looking into it. The description of the Movies section in SSBU says roughly "Watch Adventure mode movies/cutscenes".

It might seem that there's actually a bit more stuff than I thought at first but meh, I'll just play the game and see for myself in the end :P

There's also this ...

Ohhhhh thats nice!That implies there is going to be a nice amount of cutscenes.As i have been saying so far, this is going to be more similar to Sub Space Emmisary than Melee adventure mode.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

alejollorente10 said:
Man, this is beatiful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhgDibw7vB4

Agreed, this theme is great. I don't know why adding a singing voice does so much, but it does. Here it is with lyrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5LmCnYJVk

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Runa216 said:
Well, as is par for the course, I was actually really happy with this direct aside from a few omissions...until I came to this dour, cynical, entitled board. I see a whole lot more complaining and whining and bitching and moaning about missing fighters or your waifus being assist trophies instead of fighters or something.

In my opinion Smash is worth the price as a music player alone. This game contains so great and defining music tracks from gaming history, I will listen to it for hours, then doing other stuff.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]