More info about single player/spirits! 25 48.08%

More info about online! 3 5.77%

More info about game mechanics! 0 0%

New music! 0 0%

ew smash 3 5.77%

Other 1 1.92%

Total:52
Green098 said:

No previous Smash game is coming even close to how good Ultimate is. Definitely one of the biggest games of 2018, or more suitably put all time.

It's literally the celebration of video games. It's astounding how well Nintendo achieved to make the biggest video game cross over series in history. Definitely a system defining game. 

I'd agree with you if they had a robust Subspace Emissary-like story mode, but Sakurai confirmed there was nothing like it.

There's a lot of fighters and content, but... meh, Smash Bros 4 had lots of stuff too, but I felt like I had played everything it had to offer within about an hour or two.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
GuyDuke said:

No. But when it comes to games and innovation they are hard as hell to beat. But we won't talk about hardware and Internet

They do directs and that’s internet related :P

I guess hardware is debatable in regards to Switch. What would you do in regards to Switch’s hardware while making it profitable at $300?

In regards to the direct, I like it. Sure the final characters were spoiled by Insiders but I cannot complain about 75 characters in a roster, especially of Smash’s caliber. This is the biggest, if not the greatest, crossover game in history. Spirits Adventure Mode looks interesting and I like the trailer. Incineroar looks awesome and a great farewell performance for the Japanese voice actor who long-voiced Professor Oak. Online has been revamped and I’m intrigued on how it works for me. A lot of small features that just makes the game what it is, polished and a lot for a variety of players. As for no trophies, I’m said but I get it. Making hundreds, if not thousands, of 3D models does not sound easy unless someone would like to dispute that. We got so much content in one game already that it’s ridiculous, especially for a fighting game. You don’t see that often nowadays, even in Street Fighter or Tekken as much as I love the genre.

i feel fortunate to live in a time where Smash Bros. Ultimate exists. It’s a crossover for the ages.

Oh the Switch is great hardware. Just lacking some fundamental implementation that could have been added in the future, but it most certainly will not happen. When Nintendo decides to keep it simple, they do.

But as I said, games are unrivaled. This Smash Bros, as you said, is a crossover for the ages.

Jumpin said:
Well, I'm out. I'm not making the same mistake again that I did when I wasted my money on Smash Bros 4 thinking I would enjoy it anywhere near as much as Brawl.

"The single player will be nothing like subspace emissary." That's all I needed to know. A sprawling single-player adventure mode with cutscenes and a story, and something that actually feels like a rolling adventure is the only thing that would have made me purchase this game.

We heard ya the first time mate.

Jumpin said:
Well, I'm out. I'm not making the same mistake again that I did when I wasted my money on Smash Bros 4 thinking I would enjoy it anywhere near as much as Brawl.

"The single player will be nothing like subspace emissary." That's all I needed to know. A sprawling single-player adventure mode with cutscenes and a story, and something that actually feels like a rolling adventure is the only thing that would have made me purchase this game.

Somehow the first time I heard it I processed it more as "this will be more similar to adventure mode but it will have some similarities to subspace" - now that I've gone back and realized you quoted him almost or verbatim I'm a bit disappointed. 

I'm more worried that there will not be any stage building - that was a great feature in Brawl and I have no idea why they haven't emphasized it since. 

Wyrdness said:
My guess on the five DLC characters:

- XBC2 character: It's clear Sakurai wants a character from this game in Ultimate even though they haven't started any work on the DLC I'm pretty sure someone from the game will be in Ultimate.

- Virtua Fighter Character: Akira made it into ultimate as the representative for the series that was the first 3D fighter but only as an AT I can see someone from the series being picked out as a main character.

- Fire Emblem Three Houses Main Character: Really you don't think this will happen?

- Jin (Tekken): SEGA got Akira into the game I'm sure Namco could do the same with their iconic series as well.

- Dante (DMC): A bit hopeful tbh but it makes sense to go along with Bayonetta.

Not so bold prediction: The will be another character pass after this one.

Ultra Hopeful: Some SNK representation.

Elma is definitely the xenoblade dlc rep. That's why there is no Xenoblade X music 

Around the Network

So Kirby is the most powerful character in all of gaming. Makes sense since he has the Warp Star. The Adventure Mode looks fun, and Pirana Plant is brilliant.

People speak of Geno and Skull Kid being Spirits? I didn't see them. Shadow and Isaac are assist trophies though so they aren't one of the five DLC characters. I'm still thinking Skull Kid could be. And Waluigi, I mean he just has to be in Smash at some point doesn't he? Also there's isn't anything to represent Professor Layton yet... Not sure about Banjo.

Seems they have ideas to fit a wrestler fighter on smash, and didn't have a specific character. so, they chose the closer one among the contenders, incineroar.

anyway, this world of light trailer was amazing!

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Jumpin said:
Green098 said:

No previous Smash game is coming even close to how good Ultimate is. Definitely one of the biggest games of 2018, or more suitably put all time.

It's literally the celebration of video games. It's astounding how well Nintendo achieved to make the biggest video game cross over series in history. Definitely a system defining game. 

I'd agree with you if they had a robust Subspace Emissary-like story mode, but Sakurai confirmed there was nothing like it.

There's a lot of fighters and content, but... meh, Smash Bros 4 had lots of stuff too, but I felt like I had played everything it had to offer within about an hour or two.

Hmm, though on the other sense just because they didn't do a copy and paste of a previous mode and instead did something totally brand new doesn't mean it's not as good or much much better. Subspace like everything less that isn't the main "Smash Mode" will and always be a couple hour long tacked on side mode just the same as Spirits at the end of the day. It's not like it's something worth a whole $60 itself with outstanding critical reception.

Factually speaking Smash 4 has much less than half the content of Ultimate. These are also party games at their heart, letting you play as your favourite video game characters with your friends. It tries to be a fun celebratory experience not something that should be taken seriously like all party games. 

Super Smash Brothers is a single player game series which might be the problem.

Last edited by Green098 - on 01 November 2018

The funniest irony is that the Waluigi supporters on social media are the same people who complain about echo fighter even though they want a Luigi echo fighter themselves.