More info about single player/spirits! 25 48.08%

More info about online! 3 5.77%

More info about game mechanics! 0 0%

New music! 0 0%

ew smash 3 5.77%

Other 1 1.92%

Total:52

Welp, I'm gonna fail no nut November...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Green098 said:

No previous Smash game is coming even close to how good Ultimate is. Definitely one of the biggest games of 2018, or more suitably put all time.

It's literally the celebration of video games. It's astounding how well Nintendo achieved to make the biggest video game cross over series in history. Definitely a system defining game. 

I'd agree with you if they had a robust Subspace Emissary-like story mode, but Sakurai confirmed there was nothing like it.

There's a lot of fighters and content, but... meh, Smash Bros 4 had lots of stuff too, but I felt like I had played everything it had to offer within about an hour or two.

But the world map for World of Light is huge and there looks to be a massive numbers of challenges and spirits to collect. The only thing it's missing from the subspace emissary is the walking levels and the cut-scenes, the first of which I could personally do without.

S.Peelman said:
So Kirby is the most powerful character in all of gaming. Makes sense since he has the Warp Star. The Adventure Mode looks fun, and Pirana Plant is brilliant.

People speak of Geno and Skull Kid being Spirits? I didn't see them. Shadow and Isaac are assist trophies though so they aren't one of the five DLC characters. I'm still thinking Skull Kid could be. And Waluigi, I mean he just has to be in Smash at some point doesn't he? Also there's isn't anything to represent Professor Layton yet... Not sure about Banjo.

I would no-joke sell one of my testicles if it got us Professor Layton in Smash Bros.
I love that series and his move set would be utterly unique. Plus, he could have the best final smash.
A mini-puzzle with a five second answer time that launches anyone who gets it wrong.

Ultrashroomz said:

Welp, I'm gonna fail no nut November...

I already have and I doubt I'm alone after the World of Light trailer.

Hiku said:

Now that Sakurai pointed it out:

I have a USB-3 to LAN adapter.

Have fun fighting against someone with a wired LAN connection to a phone hooked up to cellular data! Sakurai recommended I connect using LAN, so it's all cool.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Not gonna lie, my heart sunk a bit seeing Rex as a Mii costume. Was really hoping we'd get a Rex/Mythra/Pyra tag team similar to Ice Climbers.

That's only bit of negativity I have though. Game looks awesome! No idea what the Spirit mode thing is like but it seems fun. Also nice to see they haven't forgotten by boy Sagi. *culture face*

Hoping the DLC features a Xenoblade 2 and another Fire Emblem rep. Yeah people will whine about the latter, but there's so much untapped potential in that franchise still. Not to mention the hero of every new Fire Emblem seems to appear in that gen's Smash...so maybe Edelgard or one of her counterparts will be added.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Hoping the DLC features a Xenoblade 2 and another Fire Emblem rep. Yeah people will whine about the latter, but there's so much untapped potential in that franchise still. Not to mention the hero of every new Fire Emblem seems to appear in that gen's Smash...so maybe Edelgard or one of her counterparts will be added.

I was fully expecting a DLC character to be from Three Houses before DLC was even confirmed...

I wonder how good sales would have to be (as well as sales of the DLC) to get them to seriously consider additional DLC further down the line...

The new CEO seems really committed to DLC; if that's the case, then he's probably already figured out that Smash has the potential to be a cash cow...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Sakurai's a crafty one !

Story mode in japanese is called Tomoshibi no Hoshi (灯火の星), reading that backwards it can be read as "Hoshi no Kirby!"
It's everywhere on the japanese fandom. 

And what do this japanese words mean?

NightlyPoe said:
I'm happy enough with the game modes. The reveals were pretty meh. I didn't believe the "leak" we heard about last week at all, so I'm not surprised we didn't get half a dozen or whatever new characters. But I would have thought they'd save a big one for last instead of a Pokemon I've never heard of. They drop in Geno and people are calling this one of the best Directs ever (it wouldn't be, but whatever).

Two big things bother me though. First, the discount for the Fighters Pass over a la carte seems rather paltry and the price is rather high for not many extra characters. I don't mind paying for beefy DLC, but a handful of fighters for what will be half the price I'm paying for the full game is asking a lot and it will bother me that I won't be getting the full game.

More importantly, I think they pretty much confirmed we won't be getting dedicated servers. Which feels like it means we're in for plenty of lag.

The characters will go with a new stage and new music so I think $5.99 each is reasonable. The Fighter Pass might not give you the best deal (only about a doller less than buying all of them individually), but with the love and care Sakurai puts in the characters, I think they’re worth their value along with the new stage and new music. Remember, stages were about $2.99-3.99 on their own on Wii U/3DS.

As for dedicated servers, it probably would’ve been nice for Free for alls. However I heard dedicated servers make things worse for 1-on-1 fights as it adds input lag.

Btw, as of note, the Japanese version of Lifelight was sung by Megumi Hayashibara, who sang the opening of the Japanese version of Kirby Right Back at Ya!

NightlyPoe said:
Dand said:

And what do this japanese words mean?

Hoshi means "star" I believe.  So roughly Kirby's Star?  Star of Kirby?  Someone help me out.

More importantly, it's the Japanese title of the Kirby anime from about 15 years ago.

Mar1217 said:
NightlyPoe said:

Hoshi means "star" I believe.  So roughly Kirby's Star?  Star of Kirby?  Someone help me out.

More importantly, it's the Japanese title of the Kirby anime from about 15 years ago.

The title of the anime was Hoshi no Kirby (or Kaabi in Japan).

Basically if you reverse the letters in the Japanese title of World of Light, it can be spelled out exactly like  this : (It doesn't come from me but here's the following)

灯火の星 is Tomoshibi no Hoshi. Right? 
If you write that backwards, you get: 
星の火灯, which can be read as follows: 

星(Hoshi) の (no) 火(ka)灯(hi -> bi)

Not just the anime, the entire series over here is called Hoshi no Kirby, was the title of the first game too. I think that was done on purpose honestly, Kirby is the main character of Smash pretty much, he's Sakurai's baby. 

Having had a rewatch of the direct knowing whats coming, I'm a lot happier than I was watching it last night. I still couldn't care less about Ken and I don't like Incineroar as a Pokemon but the character looks really fun in Smash (I still think other Pokemon should have gotten in though). Piranha Plant looks really good though, I'm happy he's in, just such a WTF character choice; actually made me really smile, opens the door for Shy Guy and stuff in the future too. The story mode looks super good too, very keen to sink hundreds of hours into this. Revising my score for the direct up to a 7/10.

Shikamo said:

Amazing 

Kai_Mao said:
NightlyPoe said:
I'm happy enough with the game modes. The reveals were pretty meh. I didn't believe the "leak" we heard about last week at all, so I'm not surprised we didn't get half a dozen or whatever new characters. But I would have thought they'd save a big one for last instead of a Pokemon I've never heard of. They drop in Geno and people are calling this one of the best Directs ever (it wouldn't be, but whatever).

Two big things bother me though. First, the discount for the Fighters Pass over a la carte seems rather paltry and the price is rather high for not many extra characters. I don't mind paying for beefy DLC, but a handful of fighters for what will be half the price I'm paying for the full game is asking a lot and it will bother me that I won't be getting the full game.

More importantly, I think they pretty much confirmed we won't be getting dedicated servers. Which feels like it means we're in for plenty of lag.

The characters will go with a new stage and new music so I think $5.99 each is reasonable. The Fighter Pass might not give you the best deal (only about a doller less than buying all of them individually), but with the love and care Sakurai puts in the characters, I think they’re worth their value along with the new stage and new music. Remember, stages were about $2.99-3.99 on their own on Wii U/3DS.

As for dedicated servers, it probably would’ve been nice for Free for alls. However I heard dedicated servers make things worse for 1-on-1 fights as it adds input lag.

Btw, as of note, the Japanese version of Lifelight was sung by Megumi Hayashibara, who sang the opening of the Japanese version of Kirby Right Back at Ya!

Isn't the fighter pass a good six dollars less than buying all individual dlc?