COD is surprisingly strong.
Dark Souls sold five times on opening week on PS4 than Switch. Interesting to see if the discrepancy in sales is smaller in the West, as with some other titles.
Pro still outsells base model (but barely). Overall the PS4 number is now only slightly above the pre-pricecut number (or pre-dip because of the announcement of the pricecut).
Hardware sales for both console makers are dropping back to baseline levels.
Pokemon is early November I think, right? After that Switch will be probably in holiday mode. RDR should do the same for PS4.
I thought pokemon was end of November? Rdr2 should be a 100k+ launch but i don't see it doing anything drastic like kicking ps4 into its December holiday mode early. Legs should be good.
Also to add ps4 dark souls digital ratio is probably higher on ps4 so it should have outsold it by even more.
We got digital estimates from Famitsu for the month of September. Taken from https://www.resetera.com/posts/14120783/
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4 – released September 4) – 95,120 download sales (compared to 266,802 physical sales)
- God of War III Remastered (PS4 – discounted in early September) – 67,313 download sales
- Warriors Orochi 4 (PS4, Switch – released September 27) – 37,324 download sales (compared to 127,491 physical sales)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 (PS4 – released August 28) – 35,841 download sales (compared to 114,777 physical sales)
- Dead by Daylight (PS4) – 31,676 download sales
- Battlefield 1 (PS4, XBO – Premium Pass free in early September) – 30,495 download sales
- Conan Exiles (PS4 – released August 23) – 22,452 download sales (compared to 74,579-plus physical sales)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV ~The End of Saga~ (PS4 – released September 27) – 22,018 download sales (compared to 85,161 physical sales)
- Mafia III (PS4, XBO – discounted in late August) – 19,582 download sales
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Switch) – 17,804 download sales
Spidey's total just gets even more impressive and the Orochi 4 and PES numbers look more solid as well. And yeah, you better believe that CoD is likely at 100k+ digital this month, which is just crazy.
These estimates are so sweet from the ps4 point of view. Spiderman must be around 400k considering October digital sales aren't counted here. That's a mind blowing performance. 500k+ guaranteed imo.
Pro evo digital ratio is tasty and bodes well for the series. Quite a few other games get a nice digital boost also.