By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Huawei Claim their Phone is Better Than Switch

S.Peelman said:
taus90 said:
I dont know why Zelda is relevant the way Pubg and fortnite mobile are generating revenue on mobile devices, its just plain unfair to compare current mobile gaming scene to that of 3 year ago. more and more companies are focusing on gaming centric phones, PocoF1, Razer, even Samsung, google with their streaming services and when u see kids wasting money on stupid passes in Pubg and Fortnite just for cosmetic sake, so $1000 for a gaming phone which will play f2p games isnt a big deal.

Since I was the only one that mentioned it (as an example); it’s not on there, that’s the point. Neither are any other of my favorite games. It could have the power of the biggest supercomputer out there, then still even GameBoy would be better because it has one of my favorite games while a phone does not. Now I realize that the phone companies aren’t necessarily aiming at the established console gaming crowd, so I fail to understand why this comparison was necessary when it was probably better to compare it to another high end phone.

It makes me think the company believes it's market doesn't understand that the Switch is and never really was that powerful, so they feel the comparison will be apt for the target audience's mind. I don't even think the Switch was as powerful as most phones when it released. Already people (including me) were complaining that it wasn't a Tegra X2, for just one example. 

Edit: edited all this bullshit out ... holy shit ... they're supposedly the third biggest phone seller in the world just behind Samsung and Apple. I guess my random guess was right, they ARE a big chinese company! 

Around the Network
TheMisterManGuy said:

Switch versions will still look and run better

Up for debate.
Android can run at a higher resolutions if you prefer that and with better Draw distances.
Whilst the Switch has better texture details, foliage details and lighting.

Both are 30fps.

But... If you actually care about what looks and runs better... You would get neither the Switch, iOS or Android version, you would get the PC version.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Huawei has been doing a lot of shit talking lately.

S.Peelman said:
taus90 said:
I dont know why Zelda is relevant the way Pubg and fortnite mobile are generating revenue on mobile devices, its just plain unfair to compare current mobile gaming scene to that of 3 year ago. more and more companies are focusing on gaming centric phones, PocoF1, Razer, even Samsung, google with their streaming services and when u see kids wasting money on stupid passes in Pubg and Fortnite just for cosmetic sake, so $1000 for a gaming phone which will play f2p games isnt a big deal.

Since I was the only one that mentioned it (as an example); it’s not on there, that’s the point. Neither are any other of my favorite games. It could have the power of the biggest supercomputer out there, then still even GameBoy would be better because it has one of my favorite games while a phone does not. Now I realize that the phone companies aren’t necessarily aiming at the established console gaming crowd, so I fail to understand why this comparison was necessary when it was probably better to compare it to another high end phone.

well comparing it to next high end phone doesnt make any sense coz in about six month it will be dethroned.. secondly comparing it to switch which is already underpowered will atleast make sensible gaming audience sit up and notice to discuss how useless the comparison is, but its PR for them, and the amount of dumb kids that are floating around with their parent Credit cards would only see the tag line that if its more powerful than switch and it might play fortnite better. 

Maybe it is.... hardware wise.... but so what? Games man, all that matters.

Around the Network

Cute move on Huawei's part, actually. Obviously not a threat to Switch since it is not a real console.

Ka-pi96 said:
Does it have achievements? If so then yeah, it's definitely better!

Sure it does:

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

In other news Madagascar has declared war on the United States...

In many respects, phones from 6 or 7 years ago are better than the Switch. Of course, they're really not very similar products at all. So it's kind of like saying Blu-ray players are better than transistor radios.

Don't people buy their phones these days by signing up for a contract that let's them pay for their phone in installments? Isn't that how people buy the iPhone X? If so, the price could be a non-issue for the casual crowd.

Also, a one sided controller with just a D-Pad and C-Stick would be terrible. Hopefully there's another set of buttons on the other side of the machine, and it doesn't rely on touch screen buttons.