By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Huawei Claim their Phone is Better Than Switch

taus90 said:
S.Peelman said:

Since I was the only one that mentioned it (as an example); it’s not on there, that’s the point. Neither are any other of my favorite games. It could have the power of the biggest supercomputer out there, then still even GameBoy would be better because it has one of my favorite games while a phone does not. Now I realize that the phone companies aren’t necessarily aiming at the established console gaming crowd, so I fail to understand why this comparison was necessary when it was probably better to compare it to another high end phone.

well comparing it to next high end phone doesnt make any sense coz in about six month it will be dethroned.. secondly comparing it to switch which is already underpowered will atleast make sensible gaming audience sit up and notice to discuss how useless the comparison is, but its PR for them, and the amount of dumb kids that are floating around with their parent Credit cards would only see the tag line that if its more powerful than switch and it might play fortnite better. 

I guess, if that’s what they are going for.

Around the Network

I would buy it if it could play multiplatform games with better settings than the Switch.

Ka-pi96 said:
Dulfite said:
In other news Madagascar has declared war on the United States...

Welp, RIP the US.

Yes lol

Pemalite said:
GProgrammer said:
Sure technically it has far superior Specs, but without a proper controller this doesnt mean much

Did you even bother look it up?

would you really refer to that thing on the side of the phone as a "proper controller"?

I'm just saying I wouldn't really think of a part of a broken PC mouse as being the same as KB/Mouse controls in a game, by the same standard I most certainly wouldn't call thing thing which is in the picture any rival for the controls which the Switch offers in terms of traditional gaming in comparison to smudged finger printy mess with non tactile feedback that a stick / screen combo would give.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Pemalite said:

Did you even bother look it up?

would you really refer to that thing on the side of the phone as a "proper controller"?

I'm just saying I wouldn't really think of a part of a broken PC mouse as being the same as KB/Mouse controls in a game, by the same standard I most certainly wouldn't call thing thing which is in the picture any rival for the controls which the Switch offers in terms of traditional gaming in comparison to smudged finger printy mess with non tactile feedback that a stick / screen combo would give.

And I can't stand the Asymmetrical sticks on the Joycons. - My right hands thumb doesn't point downwards you know.
So we are at an impasse.

With that in mind... You can use any typical Bluetooth enabled controller with the Mate 20 X if the current layout doesn't fit to your needs/wants/desires.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

So far, I've seen the Switch do more with its crappy specs than Android could do if a manufacturer somehlw stuffed a GTX 1080 into a smartphone form-factor. I'm not usually one to say specs don't matter when it comes to gaming, but in the case of Android, raw power really isn't doing much to make mobile devices a better gaming option. No matter how powerful devices get, the main deal-breakers still aren't going away. There's still no quality control whatsoever, microtransactions are rampant, touch controls still suck and so does support for controller accessories, and I can't afford to have my phone run out of battery, unlike my Switch.

Pemalite said:
Ganoncrotch said:

And I can't stand the Asymmetrical sticks on the Joycons. - My right hands thumb doesn't point downwards you know.
So we are at an impasse.

With that in mind... You can use any typical Bluetooth enabled controller with the Mate 20 X if the current layout doesn't fit to your needs/wants/desires.

Not sure what any of this post has to do with that thing stuck onto the side of the phone?

You don't like the switches/Xbox controller cool

You can sync another controller to this much like you can all Android devices.

What about the thing they showed on stage though? Looks horrible to me, do you think it looks good?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Of course it's better. They say it is.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Ganoncrotch said:
Pemalite said:

So we are at an impasse.

Not sure what any of this post has to do with that thing stuck onto the side of the phone?

What about the thing they showed on stage though? Looks horrible to me, do you think it looks good?

The point I am trying to convey is that all controllers have their Pro's and Con's and that it is very much down to personal preference.

I can't stand touch-screen controls... Yet there are individuals who live for it. Go figure.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The point I am trying to convey is that all controllers have their Pro's and Con's and that it is very much down to personal preference.

I can't stand touch-screen controls... Yet there are individuals who live for it. Go figure.

So you don't like touch screen controls (the thing on stage isn't fully touch)

And

Controllers have pros and cons.

That's great, but I'm asking your opinion of the controller on stage not other people's opinions, I'm not running a poll lol. It's a easy question, do you think for your gaming it looks like a good controller to use yes/no