By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch port of Xenoblade Chronicles X currently NOT in development

Porting Xenoblade X onto the Switch will destroy all my free time. I prefer for that not to happen. Also, Xenoblade 1 needs a drastic remaster. That game feels like it could use a major facelift. Do that before Xenoblade X.

(I hope they do it at an empty time)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

When it comes to ports, anything multiple years old is pretty much ancient. And I dunno about that, even if we disregard the tsunami of ancient indies, there's MK8D, Pokken, Tropical Freeze, Skyrim, Bayo 1 + 2, Diablo 3, Dark Souls, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, NSMBUD, LA Noire, LEGO City, Monster Hunter Generations, Rayman Legends, Street Fighter II, RE Revelations 1 + 2...

Imagine if all the resources and manpower spent on that multitude of games had  instead been invested in creating fresh new content.

To me, disliking third party ports is just odd ... that's pretty much out of Nintendo's control, and a couple of those games (like Monster Hunter, or even better Rayman) don't really have a viable alternative for them. 

Nintendo games I can at least understand, because while they eat up almost no resources, Nintendo probably does change their release schedule around them (example being that if there was no Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, we'd probably already be getting a Mario Kart 9 by next year). 

The alternative would be to actually make new games instead of just reselling old rope. Or if you're going to port, port stuff that's coming out now or at least recently, not shit that came out years ago.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 October 2018

Actually I would prefer a HD-remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles. That was such a great game which simply needs HD-graphics.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Too bad. I would have bought it on launch day.

I say good, dont touch a port of that game, put all resources into a new game/new ip

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

They really should just focus on new stuff, but for some reason i don't believe this. There has been so much talk of a port i think it's inevitable

Yeah, this is still inevitable on the Switch. If not 2019, 2020 or later.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Super_Boom said:

Heh...author has good taste in pairings. *fist bumps Twi*

I was curious what the thought process was behind the gacha system. I guess that makes sense...kinda...every playthrough will be different if you start from scratch. Still a pain in the ass if you're trying to collect everything though...at least my favorite characters were all story Blades.

About XCX...I suppose if they can't just copy paste it onto the Switch and actually need to put work into it, the investment might not be worth it. Kind of a shame, X wasn't really my jam but I can definitely see the appeal of that type of game.

Author has crap taste. How is that otp when Zeke and Aegaeon exist :P

Anyway seriously, the gatcha system is indeed frustrating. It's not a fun experience to roll about a 150 times to get the blade you want, with no guarantee. Get 50 lame blades, remove them, rinse repeat.

Good. A new console needs new games, not full priced ports of old games.

I already own it on WiiU. Would rather have XC3 or X2 personally.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261