By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Are most guys too ugly for online dating?

I'm a 5 foot 6 in tall scrubby construction working dude. I had tons of success and online dating. From what I've seen, the vast majority of men who say they haven't had success with it are in that position because they either have unrealistically high standards, how shity personalities, or, in a very large number of cases that I've seen, they make up any excuse in the book to avoid placing the blame on themselves for the rejection.

The reality is, online dating is a numbers game. You can't search for the perfect girl, craft a great message, then sit back and wait. You need to be talkin to dozens of women everyday. You'll get a date or to a week out of that, and eventually you'll find someone to spend your time with. After about 2 years of online dating, I met my future wife. We've been together for 6 years now.

To be clear, I'm not saying that the opp, or anyone else in this thread he is or is not doing it the right way, has a shity personality, or anything else. I'm just sharing what I've seen among many friends and Associates,

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
I'm a 5 foot 6 in tall scrubby construction working dude. I had tons of success and online dating. From what I've seen, the vast majority of men who say they haven't had success with it are in that position because they either have unrealistically high standards, how shity personalities, or, in a very large number of cases that I've seen, they make up any excuse in the book to avoid placing the blame on themselves for the rejection.

The reality is, online dating is a numbers game. You can't search for the perfect girl, craft a great message, then sit back and wait. You need to be talkin to dozens of women everyday. You'll get a date or to a week out of that, and eventually you'll find someone to spend your time with. After about 2 years of online dating, I met my future wife. We've been together for 6 years now.

To be clear, I'm not saying that the opp, or anyone else in this thread he is or is not doing it the right way, has a shity personality, or anything else. I'm just sharing what I've seen among many friends and Associates,

That's your key to success right there. As we say down under, Ladies love a Tradie. ;)

Like everyone is saying here. Dating is less about them and more about you (sad reality, but if you do not realize it, you’ll get nowhere unless you get really lucky or start dropping your standards). Sure there are a few guys out there that are just naturals and have no trouble getting dates but for most us, we need to put in an effort. Go to the gym, dress better, groom better, for Pete’s sake bathe regularly, get a decent job and learn manners (wouldn’t hurt if you have non-douchey friends who know how to socialize). I’ve never had problems finding dates when I followed these steps (doesn’t hurt that I had a good paying job, now that I’m married, I run a business). When I let myself go, sit in front of the PC all day playing games and eating chips, I notice that getting dates wasn’t really much of an option. TBF, I never tried dating apps (don’t think they existed when I was single). The furthest I went was via friendster/myspace/facebook for online dating.

As marketing goes, there is push and there is pull. Work on the pull (make yourself appealing), worry about the push (playing the numbers game) after.

Last edited by DrDoomz - on 10 October 2018

I wasn’t on a dating site but I did meet my fiancé on PlayStation home back in 2009. She was from New York and me Texas. We video chatted on ps3 for 3 years and yearly trips for visits before moving in together in 2013.

Just thought I’d share this little tidbit since we’re on the subject of online dating. Xd.

You need to learn how to sell yourself, stretch the truth. Women do it all the time. Wear a little makeup if you have to and actually put effort into your picture and profile. As a last resort you could try a developing country, if you got a decent income here(first world country) then you will be filthy rich over there and getting a female will be easy as pie, just try to not to go for the easiest catch AKA 100% goldiggers, all women love money and having some will make meeting and dating women a lot easier, you can take it from there and choose a more down to earth one, just note that bringing her over can take a few years and when she does come over her job opportunities will be very narrow so the household income will be up to you mostly.

Around the Network

I sit back lose interest and then I see next profile next photos and the game goes on and on. I am the player in the game.

I found it was too much time wasting sending out messages and conversations going no where. Waiting a long time in between messages to create the illusion you are in demand.

Last edited by Dark_Lord_2008 - on 11 October 2018

I think most girls are as well

So many women on dating sites with fake profiles and Disney fairy tale stories. Answer her riddles correctly and have cops arrest you for being a sexual predator.

deskpro2k3 said:
If you're not picky send messages to all the women. One of them have to at least give a positive response.

So what you're saying is "Start viewing yourself as trash, and go for other trash and you miiiight, just might get laid" ?

No! People should have more self-respect than that.

The only way forward is to keep improving yourself until the women that you want are interested in you (And women should have this mentality too). Work out. Work on your career. Learn some languages. Be interesting. Make it so that YOU are the one with options to choose from.

And if you still fail, it's better to be alone with your honour intact than to lower your internal self-worth and go for people you really don't want.

I LOVE ICELAND!