By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Are most guys too ugly for online dating?

It's all about self confidence, what you bring to the table, and selling yourself.

Online dating is convenient but it's not "Pussy-Mart' where you just select what you want and wait to fuck! The people on the other end are real threat and blood, looking for love. Learn what you have to offer, present it in an attractive "non asshole" way. Genuinely get to know someone when you respond. I guarantee I could take your information and get you some replies without lying.

The bigger problem is that females on dating websites get roughly 11 billion responses every seven seconds. You have to make yourself stand out by saying things and doing things that others wouldn't. Don't say "You're beautiful" or "Your eyes are _____". They hear that every ten seconds.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Unless you are super rich, handsome, top 10% of looks, you are wasting your time on a dating site? 90% of guys that struggle on dating sites are rejected guys. We are not worthy. Women  demand too much and have very high unrealistic expectations. Online dating is nothing more than window shopping for women with unlimited options. I am in the bottom 90% of men, the average guys that rarely get any responses. Men have to write every message and send them out. Women reject/block 90% of messages sent.

If it’s makes you feel better...I’m relatively smart, educated, pretty good looking and get a lot of interests and I’m still out of luck.

Most women have fake pictures that are 10 years or makes them appear more interesting than they really are.

Online dating sucks. 

Also, THIS!

With filters and editing, these women often look nothing like the person they present themselves as! I've been there so many times, it was depressing. I'd still be a gentleman, take them out, and tell them to have a good night but good lord. And not only do they not look like themselves, they lie about their lives.

No kids? Non smoker? Athletic? Good job? I don't know if they're lying to me or lying to themselves. Luckily I'm married now .My online dating days are done.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

The women can use the guy up for free meals, drinks , fix her car, pay her mortgage and feed her kids. The women on dating sites do not even have to work real jobs. She is constantly searching for next guy/victim for next free ride. It is probably for the best I do not get picked by women on dating sites.

Women on dating sites can have many guys they can string along use up for free meals, drinks, pay bills, free trips. free everything. Do you want to be the lucky guy she pick as her next prey? She has strong connections, strong police and a team of Beta males to protect her.

You are right, but you know who are to blame for all of this? Thirsty men.

Guys these days are way too obvious with their intentions and give in so easily just to (hopefully) get some vagina that's not even worth the time nor the money. That's how you get women who don't even look all that great, think they're a goddess and looking for foolish cucks to play with their feelings take advantage of the little money they have and just dump them whenever a guy with a bigger wallet shows up.

Don't be a cuck, spend that hard earned money on a videogame and play it with your friends instead, actually worth it.

Diogo said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

The women can use the guy up for free meals, drinks , fix her car, pay her mortgage and feed her kids. The women on dating sites do not even have to work real jobs. She is constantly searching for next guy/victim for next free ride. It is probably for the best I do not get picked by women on dating sites.

Women on dating sites can have many guys they can string along use up for free meals, drinks, pay bills, free trips. free everything. Do you want to be the lucky guy she pick as her next prey? She has strong connections, strong police and a team of Beta males to protect her.

From your statement, I guess you had your share of bad experiences. I do not think, however, that all women are the same, and it is not fair to generalize (the same goes to women that generalize men).

I think that, with that attitude, it will be harder for you to find someone that does not fit that profile, but I guarantee you, there’s plenty of women that are worth your time. Is it possible that you are the one being too picky?  Well, my advice is, don't give up.

Obviously not ALL women on dating apps are whores, i've met quite a few that were definitely nice, good looking and worth the while. But being real lot's of women online are only looking for money and attention not much else because when it comes down to purely dating, most women don't have a clue of what they want or what they're looking for in guys.

Mr Puggsly said:
bubblegamer said:
Only people who get rejected constantly think like this. In reality most people have a chance of finding someone no matter your looks, it's not like all women are great looking.

Basically this, fuck fat chicks.

Be nice to them, feed them, and you'll get your dick sucked.

Well fat chicks certaintly have become much harder to please these days, ever since social media became mainstream every girl can feel like Kim Kardashian because of the amount of randoms simps she gets in her messages. It's only when they see other women getting more likes and attention that their self esteem drops like a mic.

That's absolutely not true, and I speak from experience. I currently only use Tinder, and there some man are handsome but are just a no-go for me, for various reasons: poor orthography/grammar, general rudeness, lack of conversation, creepiness, etc... On the other hand, some men you would qualify as average stand out, because they make themselves appear in their best light: humour, highlight of their look (body and clothes), good conversation, etc... If you take care of yourself, if you respect your interlocutor and if you're passionate about things in life you have all your chances.

Also, lack of self-confidence, neglected appearance and lack of respect are all big turnoffs (at least for me)

Around the Network

I have never even tried to use online dating. Aside from my goddess, onionberry, who is a dude that took pictures of some girl who likes video games, shaved triforces into her head, and had perfect co**suc***g lips, I haven't done much online flirting with people I don't know IRL. As for the question posed by the op: No?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RaptorChrist said:
curl-6 said:

I cannot say I share the OP's view of women, (in fact, I can say with certainty that I do not) but I've found online dating to be unhelpful to put it mildly.

On Tinder alone, over the past two years, I have used my 100 free right swipes every day; that's over 70,000 women. Of those, I got 10 matches, so my match rate is 1 in 7000. Of those 10, none went anywhere, most either never responded to messages or soon stopped responding.

Add Plenty of Fish, Bumble, OKCupid, and Coffee Meet Bagel, and I've messaged/right swiped literally hundreds of thousands of women over the past four years, and apparently I don't meet the standards of any of them.

It is disheartening, but the unfortunate truth is that courtship is a competitive arena, and in any competition there are losers.

Holy shit, for real? You have put that much time and effort into meeting someone online and it still hasn't worked out for you? Every single day 100 swipes?

For real.

I'm just the kind of person who feels better being proactive and making an effort than complaining about something without trying to fix it. Good things come to those who work their arses off for it, not those who wait passively. Sometimes, in order to succeed, you have to fail thousands of times first. That's just what I believe, anyway. In my life, the things I've wanted have come when I've persevered in the face of constant failure, not when I've sat back and waited for them to just drop into my lap.

SpokenTruth said:
Dating apps are superficial so why are you using them if your superficial image is below average?

That's like trying to catch fish with the wrong bait and being mad at the fish for not liking your bait. You are setting yourself up for feeling bad, depressed and angry.

Either go after fish that like the bait you have or figure out how to switch up your bait. That means mingle with women in a setting that isn't superficial to start with. School/activity clubs, cultural events, volunteer, etc...

Using online dating exclusively generally isn't a good idea if you're not traditionally attractive, I concur. I personally use it as a supplement to meeting and asking out women "the old fashioned way". I figure I should explore every available avenue to optimize my chances.

yeah be careful one day a hot one might trick you and take your organs :p

Scisca said:
I've read somewhere that data from dating apps shows that women find 80% of men "below average" and that makes them way more picky than men on these apps. Hypergamy is real

Well, to be fair, I think most of us would be picky if we had access to a virtually unlimited supply of attractive members of whatever sex we're attracted to that were ours for the taking. Try to put yourself in their shoes. If you could go online and have dozens of gorgeous women (or men if that's your preference) throwing themselves at you, would you bother with the below average looking ones? 

I know I wouldn't, and that's why I don't blame women for my lack of success; they're not doing anything I wouldn't do in their place. There's simply no reason for a woman to choose a guy like me when they could have countless guys who are smoother and better looking.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 October 2018

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Haha, no offence, but the reasons you're failing are not a mystery. =)

Your anti-woman personality is the problem. Why do you think a woman would want a guy with an attitude like yours?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.