By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Are most guys too ugly for online dating?

curl-6 said:
VAMatt said:
I'm a 5 foot 6 in tall scrubby construction working dude. I had tons of success and online dating. From what I've seen, the vast majority of men who say they haven't had success with it are in that position because they either have unrealistically high standards, how shity personalities, or, in a very large number of cases that I've seen, they make up any excuse in the book to avoid placing the blame on themselves for the rejection.

The reality is, online dating is a numbers game. You can't search for the perfect girl, craft a great message, then sit back and wait. You need to be talkin to dozens of women everyday. You'll get a date or to a week out of that, and eventually you'll find someone to spend your time with. After about 2 years of online dating, I met my future wife. We've been together for 6 years now.

To be clear, I'm not saying that the opp, or anyone else in this thread he is or is not doing it the right way, has a shity personality, or anything else. I'm just sharing what I've seen among many friends and Associates,

That's your key to success right there. As we say down under, Ladies love a Tradie. ;)

What state are you in (i'm sure i've asked before)> Time to help Curl get a date lol.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Give up on dating and just live my life out as a single guy is probably for the best. I am in my mid 30s now and I have never had any relationships and only met some randoms off the net that went no where. #MGTOW

Here's the symptom: you're a guy in his mid-thirties and based on your posts in this thread, you have a pre-pubescent understanding of women with no basis in reality. I know you don't want to hear this because it puts the blame on you rather than the rest of the world's population; it also puts the responsibility on you to fix yourself - and I am not talking about "making up a fake persona" as you suggested you should do, I am talking about actually fixing yourself.

From your posts, you seem like a very toxic person. If you were ever in a relationship with a woman, I would genuinely be frightened for her. It does not seem you regard women as people at all. Flip it around, would you want to date a woman who regarded all men as sub-human rapists who only wanted to use women for their own selfish gain? You're the male equivalent of that.

I don't know how long it takes to deprogram your pathological view on other people, but you have to start somewhere. Have you spoken with a doctor about your mental state? It is possible you are suffering from a mental illness without even realizing it. Discovering the nature of the issue is the logical first step to recovery; just about every mental illness we know of has effective treatments.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
I wasn’t on a dating site but I did meet my fiancé on PlayStation home back in 2009. She was from New York and me Texas. We video chatted on ps3 for 3 years and yearly trips for visits before moving in together in 2013.

Just thought I’d share this little tidbit since we’re on the subject of online dating. Xd.

Awww that's sweet ... I feel butterflies in my stomach o_0

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Give up on dating and just live my life out as a single guy is probably for the best. I am in my mid 30s now and I have never had any relationships and only met some randoms off the net that went no where. #MGTOW

You are probably one of my favorite users on this site post-wise and it's because I genuinely can't tell if you're ever being sarcastic or being serious. I think about 50% of your posts are probably jokes and 50% are true.

You know it's weird... I just found out what Incels are, like 2 hours ago, then I come VGChartz and find this thread on the front page with an OP that sounds exactly like the type of person i've been learning about for the past few hours... It's kind of weirding me out...

With that said... I'm getting the impression that I shouldn't bother with online dating given some the posts in this thread... which i'm not gonna lie, is kind of bringing me down...

Around the Network

I don't see online dating as overall bad or even just for ''ugly people''. I feel if people have their hearts into it or set on it, then they should give it a try if they think its going to work out,whether they think they're ugly or not. I've heard of people dating online via meeting from a game or a forum and ended up staying together even offline, so I believe its possible. Just a lot harder though since it takes complete commitment of both people involved,but I can see it as something that has a bit positivity to it overall.

If you feel dating online is something you'd like to try or have your heart set on, do it, if not, then dont do it, cop out response,yes, but the most truthful lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

KungKras said:
deskpro2k3 said:
If you're not picky send messages to all the women. One of them have to at least give a positive response.

So what you're saying is "Start viewing yourself as trash, and go for other trash and you miiiight, just might get laid" ?

No! People should have more self-respect than that.

The only way forward is to keep improving yourself until the women that you want are interested in you (And women should have this mentality too). Work out. Work on your career. Learn some languages. Be interesting. Make it so that YOU are the one with options to choose from.

And if you still fail, it's better to be alone with your honour intact than to lower your internal self-worth and go for people you really don't want.

What I'm saying is, "If you're not picky send messages to all the women. One of them have to at least give a positive response."

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
DirtyP2002 said:
I bet my cat, that you will have better chances if you just go to random girls and talk to them.
Go to a mall and as soon as a nice girl comes by, go to her and say just the MOST BASIC THINGS!

"Hey, I am [INSERT YOUR NAME] and I think you look cute!"
That is more than enough.

Do this 10 times and you will get more options than 100 messages on dating websites could do for you.

It is THAT simple.

I suspect trying that would get me swiftly reported to mall security and removed.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

That's your key to success right there. As we say down under, Ladies love a Tradie. ;)

What state are you in (i'm sure i've asked before)> Time to help Curl get a date lol.

I'm in Victoria.

deskpro2k3 said:
KungKras said:

So what you're saying is "Start viewing yourself as trash, and go for other trash and you miiiight, just might get laid" ?

No! People should have more self-respect than that.

The only way forward is to keep improving yourself until the women that you want are interested in you (And women should have this mentality too). Work out. Work on your career. Learn some languages. Be interesting. Make it so that YOU are the one with options to choose from.

And if you still fail, it's better to be alone with your honour intact than to lower your internal self-worth and go for people you really don't want.

What I'm saying is, "If you're not picky send messages to all the women. One of them have to at least give a positive response."

Yeah but what's the point of landing someone you're not attracted to? 

curl-6 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I bet my cat, that you will have better chances if you just go to random girls and talk to them.
Go to a mall and as soon as a nice girl comes by, go to her and say just the MOST BASIC THINGS!

Do this 10 times and you will get more options than 100 messages on dating websites could do for you.

It is THAT simple.

I suspect trying that would get me swiftly reported to mall security and removed.

Cobretti2 said:

I'm in Victoria.

deskpro2k3 said:

He might get more than one reply. This way he is casting a larger net.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
curl-6 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

It is THAT simple.

Cobretti2 said:

I'm in Victoria.

deskpro2k3 said:

nice edit ... "Jabba the Hut" xD