By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Switch) Cloud Version footage

Mnementh said:
Mr Puggsly said:
I'd like to see a cloud service launched on Switch.

I'm sure these are just access to PC games and a viable way to experience single player games.

Cloud service needs servers near you. Seemingly the company used for cloud version of Resident Evil, Assassins Creed and Phantasy Star has only built the infrastructure in Japan - so far.

Well Nintendo isn't in the business of making powerful gaming consoles. Many games will never be ported to Switch for that reason.

So an easy way to bring these games to Switch, AAA games to a handheld device, is cloud gaming. It would require an investment servers, but the games are likely just the PC ports.

There is certainly downsides to cloud gaming, but it proven to be viable for single player experiences.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Mnementh said:

Cloud service needs servers near you. Seemingly the company used for cloud version of Resident Evil, Assassins Creed and Phantasy Star has only built the infrastructure in Japan - so far.

Well Nintendo isn't in the business of making powerful gaming consoles. Many games will never be ported to Switch for that reason.

So an easy way to bring these games to Switch, AAA games to a handheld device, is cloud gaming. It would require an investment servers, but the games are likely just the PC ports.

There is certainly downsides to cloud gaming, but it proven to be viable for single player experiences.

Yeah, thats why I said so far. Hopefully the server infrastructure will be built up in other regions too. While cloud gaming is not optimal, it would bring some more experiences to Switch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah, thats why I said so far. Hopefully the server infrastructure will be built up in other regions too. While cloud gaming is not optimal, it would bring some more experiences to Switch.

Switch? I don't really think it will still exist when that happens. Not within a year or anything like that.

Last edited by Barozi - on 07 October 2018

Barozi said:
Mnementh said:

Switch? I don't really think it will still exist when that happens. Not within a year or anything like that.

Hmm, maybe. But you know, it's so strange. Resident Evil and Assassins Creed both work best in the West. It seems overkill to just bring them to Japan. If it is the first test though and an infrastructure in the West is built while we speak, this makes more sense.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Bristow9091 said:

Was literally just about to say the same thing, I play Overwatch at 17ms on a good day, if I ever go above 30ms I can't even play McCree or Widow anymore, and if it goes over 50ms I can forget all about Doomfist and Reinhardt!

Also I'm not exactly on amazing internet either, I'm only with plusnet and average speeds at around 25-30mbps on a good day, lol 

Oh come on, i play WoW with 250ms on a regular basis (due to me playing on a US server) and i am still able to kick ass.

Around the Network

looks like it has a few stutters in the start.... and its running 720p? other than that it looks playable like this.

fuck people act like they never played multiplayer on dialup lol.

500-700ms lag was common. It worked ok then. 50ms-100ms lag for streaming a game is nothing, especially single player experience

Cobretti2 said:
fuck people act like they never played multiplayer on dialup lol.

500-700ms lag was common. It worked ok then. 50ms-100ms lag for streaming a game is nothing, especially single player experience

In a turn based RPG..... hell even 500 ms input lag would be fine :p
Most single player experiances are doable with 100ms lag.

Id say something like Mario Platforming is alot harder with input lag, and why alot of people prefer the orginal hardware to play older mario games.

Azzanation said:
Bristow9091 said:

Was literally just about to say the same thing, I play Overwatch at 17ms on a good day, if I ever go above 30ms I can't even play McCree or Widow anymore, and if it goes over 50ms I can forget all about Doomfist and Reinhardt!

Also I'm not exactly on amazing internet either, I'm only with plusnet and average speeds at around 25-30mbps on a good day, lol 

Oh come on, i play WoW with 250ms on a regular basis (due to me playing on a US server) and i am still able to kick ass.

MMORPGs are designed to be playable at high Pings.  Shooters like Overwatch are not.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Azzanation said:

MMORPGs are designed to be playable at high Pings.  Shooters like Overwatch are not.

That's very debatable, some games like WoW have parts of the game where you have to compete with some crazy good players in PvP. Average Pings on a MMOs are around 20ms to 30ms. I grew up with Pings far beyond the 500ms freshhold, I am use to having high Pings in online games however I don't let that become an excuse to my performance, I can still match good players with 30ms with a 250ms handicap. You just have to adapt a little more.

I can understand trying to play a FPS with a 500+ms however anything under 300ms for me is definitely playable.